motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

If you're in the Bay Area come to Self Edge to check out one of the rarest motorcycles known to man, a 1928 Sunbeam TT90.

A Factory experimental racing machine, built by the legendary Harry Weslake (who designed the engines for Jaguar cars and F1 racers). 500cc, overhead valves, exposed pushrods/rockers/valves. Extremely rare and fast.

If you mean the class don't worry it's easy I finished the 50 questions in like 10 minutes. They pretty much go over each question in class. We went over 120 and the 50 bold ones are on the test.

did you do the MSF?

cause i counted the non bold questions and there are 50.

Sorry, I just counted and there are actually 76 questions bolded out of 126, there are 50 questions on the test. Yeah i did the MSF basic riders course. Don't worry, the test is easy and mostly common sense, and theres usually 2 retarded answers with one that sound rights. and if you really care theres like 20 people at one table and all the tests are the same so you could easily cheat and the teachers dont even watch you.

also, if you read the handbook online or get one from the dmv you will basically know eveyrthing

I need my bike back so bad, it's been in the shop getting some parts put on and i'm dying to ride.

Is it just me or did like 5 people just within this thread just get their license or are getting it this week?

so how did the riding part go ? My riding days are tuesday and wednesday

Practice riding was all right. My main problem was that I kept stalling. I must have stalled like 50 times throughout my two days of riding.

The test was easier than I thought. Even though I messed up on the right U-Turn. And a number of other things. I ended up with a score of 16, which was the worst of my group. But hey, I passed. Now I just gotta practice.

I need my bike back so bad, it's been in the shop getting some parts put on and i'm dying to ride.

Is it just me or did like 5 people just within this thread just get their license or are getting it this week?

it does seem like alot of people are getting their license now. probably because its summer

I've been searching for a first bike and I've been steered to the ninja 250 which I like but I've read that its not great for highway riding which is unfortunate. So instead I researched the ninja650r which is supposedly much better on the freeways and has more low end torque than the 250 but not uncontrollable power. So im leaning towards to 650 now... I dont know.. maybe i'll just get a 250 and upgrade.

Practice riding was all right. My main problem was that I kept stalling. I must have stalled like 50 times throughout my two days of riding.

The test was easier than I thought. Even though I messed up on the right U-Turn. And a number of other things. I ended up with a score of 16, which was the worst of my group. But hey, I passed. Now I just gotta practice.

do you drive a manual car ? I hear its easier if you "get" how to work a clutch (the friction zone), I drive a manual so im hoping it will be somewhat easier to learn. btw what kind of bike did you ride a, nighthawk ?

I really suggest you get the 250, keep it for a month while you get comfortable with riding a bit, then sell it and upgrade. You'll be able to get the same you paid for it and you'll be a far safer rider for it in the end.

I've been searching for a first bike and I've been steered to the ninja 250 which I like but I've read that its not great for highway riding which is unfortunate.

This is completely false. I have a Ninja 250 and have put over 2k miles on since I picked it up last September and most of those are highway miles. It will cruise all day at 80mph no problem. This is hands down the best bike to start out on and I'd fully recommend it to anybody. There is a great online community as well @ ninja250.org. Go there and read through the FAQ's for any questions you may have.

Here's a picture of mine right before I got my new tires put on...

4208_544308858869_34800277_32369605_3426618_n.jpg

Love this bike so much, really can't say enough about it.

do you drive a manual car ? I hear its easier if you "get" how to work a clutch (the friction zone), I drive a manual so im hoping it will be somewhat easier to learn. btw what kind of bike did you ride a, nighthawk ?

I actually don't drive stick shift. But friends tell me its easier to learn how to ride if you know. I rode a Suzuki dirt-bike looking bike. Forgot the the name. I would have liked the Nighthawk or Rebel but they were already taken.

Btw, I got a question to anyone. Will it eventually get easier to ride a bigger bike? The motorcycle I want to buy (HD Iron 883) is recommended for people 180+lbs. I'm 5'9" and 155-160lbs. Of course I'm gonna start off small but I just want to know if with more experience, I'll be able to ride bigger bikes. I tried riding my brother's GSX-R600 yesterday and it felt way too heavy.

I seriously think that the sudden boost in motorcycle licenses across the country has a LOT to do with the Iron 883.

hmm. i wanted a bike that looks similar to cafe racers, atleast that kind of body style. do you have any recommendations on where i should start?

Sym is coming out with the Wolf Classic 150 early next year.

http://www.scooter-news.com/index.php/news/mini-bike-news/178-2009-dealer-expo-sym-wolf-classic-150

This is completely false. I have a Ninja 250 and have put over 2k miles on since I picked it up last September and most of those are highway miles. It will cruise all day at 80mph no problem. This is hands down the best bike to start out on and I'd fully recommend it to anybody. There is a great online community as well @ ninja250.org. Go there and read through the FAQ's for any questions you may have.

Here's a picture of mine right before I got my new tires put on...

4208_544308858869_34800277_32369605_3426618_n.jpg

Love this bike so much, really can't say enough about it.

Thanks for the info.. I'll probably buy a 250 anyway and do what kiya said because im not doing any highway (commuting) miles until fall. Plus its cheaper overall than a 650.

I actually don't drive stick shift. But friends tell me its easier to learn how to ride if you know. I rode a Suzuki dirt-bike looking bike. Forgot the the name. I would have liked the Nighthawk or Rebel but they were already taken.

Btw, I got a question to anyone. Will it eventually get easier to ride a bigger bike? The motorcycle I want to buy (HD Iron 883) is recommended for people 180+lbs. I'm 5'9" and 155-160lbs. Of course I'm gonna start off small but I just want to know if with more experience, I'll be able to ride bigger bikes. I tried riding my brother's GSX-R600 yesterday and it felt way too heavy.

I don't know if this is relevant but my dad rides a road king (pretty sure) and hes like 5'7-5'8 and less than 145lbs. According to HD the road king is 812lb vs 565 lbs for the 883.

I don't know if this is relevant but my dad rides a road king (pretty sure) and hes like 5'7-5'8 and less than 145lbs. According to HD the road king is 812lb vs 565 lbs for the 883.

guess i just have to get used to riding.

I seriously think that the sudden boost in motorcycle licenses across the country has a LOT to do with the Iron 883.

haha possibly. although I have not seen one person riding the 883 yet.

guess i just have to get used to riding.

haha possibly. although I have not seen one person riding the 883 yet.

I have two friends that have bought one in the last month and another is buying one this fall (Pete!).

Thanks for the info.. I'll probably buy a 250 anyway and do what kiya said because im not doing any highway (commuting) miles until fall. Plus its cheaper overall than a 650.

It's all about managing the weight. You'll get used to it but it's obviously a good idea to start with something lighter.

My first motorcycle that I drove around daily was a 500cc. It's not really about the size of the engine at all. My friend has a Suzuki SV650 and loves it to death. It's his first bike but it's manageable, HUGE community, and it's still versatile.

hmm. i wanted a bike that looks similar to cafe racers, atleast that kind of body style. do you have any recommendations on where i should start?

You're 17... I like your taste. SOHC.org I had a 1976 Honda CB550. That entire generation of Hondas from the 70s to 80s are what you're looking for.

TRIPLE POST!

and photo because I miss my CB550...

CB550_again_by_3vilCrayon.jpg

ahahhaahaahhaha

Oh my god i nearly fucking died laughing watching that.

I'd +rep you but i have no idea what else you've done here to end up in the red.

It's all about managing the weight. You'll get used to it but it's obviously a good idea to start with something lighter.

My first motorcycle that I drove around daily was a 500cc. It's not really about the size of the engine at all. My friend has a Suzuki SV650 and loves it to death. It's his first bike but it's manageable, HUGE community, and it's still versatile.

I took my 1st riding day today and I rode a Yamaha Virago 250, I was hoping to get on one of the ninjas but the bikes were assigned to us. It wasn't too bad, I think i did well. My left hand is still sore though and I as soon as I got home i fell asleep for 4 hours, it was fun though. oh and I met another s2k driver there.

btw which bike do you mean ? the gs500 ?

You're 17... I like your taste. SOHC.org I had a 1976 Honda CB550. That entire generation of Hondas from the 70s to 80s are what you're looking for.

TRIPLE POST!

and photo because I miss my CB550...

CB550_again_by_3vilCrayon.jpg

werd. i think i'm gonna get a older honda cb. my parents need to cosign on insurance, and they won't unless it's a small ass bike so 250cc's or less for me though :(.

but i mean, i'm probably only riding for a year then copping the 2003 540i, so i'm not complaining too much.

werd. i think i'm gonna get a older honda cb. my parents need to cosign on insurance, and they won't unless it's a small ass bike so 250cc's or less for me though :(.

but i mean, i'm probably only riding for a year then copping the 2003 540i, so i'm not complaining too much.

oh :(. insurance isn't as much as you think it is. motorcycles are cheap! 250cc is still fun though and i don't usually like anything about 600cc. 140lb and stick-figure stature doesn't agree.

I took my 1st riding day today and I rode a Yamaha Virago 250, I was hoping to get on one of the ninjas but the bikes were assigned to us. It wasn't too bad, I think i did well. My left hand is still sore though and I as soon as I got home i fell asleep for 4 hours, it was fun though. oh and I met another s2k driver there.

btw which bike do you mean ? the gs500 ?

my first time riding was on a friend's gs500. i've had a handful of bikes since including a 1990 honda vfr400, 2005 aprilia rs125, 1987 gsxr750, etc. i usually like pre-2000 sub-600cc racebikes...