Nudie Jeans

arcanum

A question about Nudie Jeans.

Why is it that Nudie jeans seem to fade faster than the other good denim brands? Is it the dye, the denim, or the process of dye or weaving?

I have Red Selvage Big Bengts, and they are starting to fade already (After a month or so), but i see that other jeans from other brands don't fade as fast. And obviously we can see from the nicely faded jeans people post after 6-8 months of wear compared to other jeans with 6-8 months of wear looking pretty new and unworn.

its all those things kinda.... mostly just the dying process. They are not died as deeply as a lot of the jap jeans u see on this sight, im not an expert on different dying techniques but thats pretty much it. because of this, nudies dont really have the same richness of blue when the denim fades as lets say denime or warehouse. they kinda go blue then to white cuz all the dyes gone

A question about Nudie Jeans.

Why is it that Nudie jeans seem to fade faster than the other good denim brands? Is it the dye, the denim, or the process of dye or weaving?

I have Red Selvage Big Bengts, and they are starting to fade already (After a month or so), but i see that other jeans from other brands don't fade as fast. And obviously we can see from the nicely faded jeans people post after 6-8 months of wear compared to other jeans with 6-8 months of wear looking pretty new and unworn.

See here:

its all those things kinda.... mostly just the dying process. They are not died as deeply as a lot of the jap jeans u see on this sight, im not an expert on different dying techniques but thats pretty much it. because of this, nudies dont really have the same richness of blue when the denim fades as lets say denime or warehouse. they kinda go blue then to white cuz all the dyes gone

Correct. And I would go a bit further- they're fading fast cuz' they're poorly dyed. You can't compare Nudies to 'real' stuff like Flatheads or LVC. And jeans like Denime or Studio D'Artisan are from another world compared to Nudies. Neverthless nice jeans, but nothing special. And they're overpriced. And Nudie became a fashion brand, more or less. I loved Nudie once until real denim crossed my way ;)

Be patient modaxxa.

Love ur jeans. smell them. sniff ur crotch and keep wearing them. If they don't smell like ass and piss then it not time to hope for lotsa fades.

OMG :eek:, pretty disgusting. If you've got a good pair of jawnz (like the ones above e.g.) you can wash when they're dirty and you won't kill the progress.

See here:

Correct. And I would go a bit further- they're fading fast cuz' they're poorly dyed. You can't compare Nudies to 'real' stuff like Flatheads or LVC. And jeans like Denime or Studio D'Artisan are from another world compared to Nudies. Neverthless nice jeans, but nothing special. And they're overpriced. And Nudie became a fashion brand, more or less. I loved Nudie once until real denim crossed my way ;)

OMG :eek:, pretty disgusting. If you've got a good pair of jawnz (like the ones above e.g.) you can wash when they're dirty and you won't kill the progress.

Well like I've argued countless times on these forums there it's impossible to lay a line to argue whether either product is more superior or not - however one view that has always persevered is that nudie pays for the cuts, (maybe not so much now a days with all the new cuts) and japanese for the denim.

really though, as far as the fading process goes - while the japanese denim have far thicker indigo dyes, it is not true that nudie fades faster than all the brands. (i.e. samurai, flathead, PBJ) SDA i would certainly agree that it fades really slowly.

I'm not a Nudie hater- I still got, let me think, 6 pairs that I really like, I won the wear & tear contest for germany with a (really nice) pair of slim jim japans and I've said some posts above that their new dry selvage line is really fine and made of superb high quality denim. But I don't agree with 6-months rules and stuff like that. Washing is a major part of the progress, even with a Nudie. And you can also get well fitting japanese pairs (I would say that all my japanese pairs fits "like a glove". It's just a question of handling the shrinkage thing and knowing what you want cutwise).

^ True, but I meant that if u haven't worn ur jeans enough for them to be dirty and smell like ass rot - then don't expect mad fadez yet!!!!!

HAH dude seriously my jeans are hella disgusting!! but its the filth that allows someone to become close with their denim.

lolol idk if that makes any sense.. but thats just how i feel

like every stain on my apc's tell a story. LOL.

i wear my nudies pretty religiously, and my back pockets just cant handle it.

personally, i think the material is pretty weak for nudies, but its alright i still love them anyways :]

it not necessarily a problem with nudies that ur having that problem. if u got the same weight denim from ne of the "good" japanese brands ud be experiencing the same things. chalk it up to light weight denim and unlined pockets.

or actually it could be just what ur carrying in ur pocket. cuz on my sjs that i have skated in and consequently fallen on my ass with a wallet in my pocket, arent nearly as shredded as urs.

it not necessarily a problem with nudies that ur having that problem. if u got the same weight denim from ne of the "good" japanese brands ud be experiencing the same things. chalk it up to light weight denim and unlined pockets.

or actually it could be just what ur carrying in ur pocket. cuz on my sjs that i have skated in and consequently fallen on my ass with a wallet in my pocket, arent nearly as shredded as urs.

well, i never said it was a problem.. lol i guess they are just lightweight?

it could also be because ive just worn them alot.. and ive had them for more than a year now and i still wear them almost daily

i dont skate, and i havnt been rubbing my ass on any rough shit intentionally.. my wallet just started giving effect on my jeans recently & i used to keep my keys in my right pocket so i guess it make sense that theyre more shredded on that side.

idk the denim on my right knee is beginning to fray every so slightly as well..

it could just be that i wear my jeans roughly? i really dont know hah

hes right tho (thrush) .... theres barely any abrasion on where the yoke meets the center back seam or the bartacks on the pockets, or the hems. these are places that u would normally see "ripped up" denim very early on... no matter how hard the denim is to fade u would undoubtedly see more abrasions in these places if they were worn truly for 2 years

hes right tho (thrush) .... theres barely any abrasion on where the yoke meets the center back seam or the bartacks on the pockets, or the hems. these are places that u would normally see "ripped up" denim very early on... no matter how hard the denim is to fade u would undoubtedly see more abrasions in these places if they were worn truly for 2 years

wow you pricks are incredible.. i've been getting negative rep from the denim over 2 years thread because most of you are pretty uneducated about the damn pair. i'd like to see your pricks buy a pair and fade it yourself. with this pair i hardly ever cycled in them because it wasn't a habit till lately with my apcs. THEREFORE there wouldn't be much abrasion on the yoke. I've bladed in them several times, even Fing rock climbed in them and paintball in them. theres 2 crotch blow outs that i've fixed with lock stitching, 2 knee rips and 1 pocket rip all fixed with lock stitching with non obvious threads. and even a pocket replacement.

heres a word of advice, don't expect all denim to fade the same way in the same amount of time, and don't neg rep just cos you're too damn uneducated to know better.

I've gotten pretty annoyed with these posts, so i took out my camera to take another picture of them in shaded sunlight no flash. the previous photos were under clouds, no sun, with flash and a cloud filter, it wasn't an accurate representation as you need the sun to bring out the fades for the camera. i find neg rep insulting.

IMG_7070.jpg

for those into roping:

IMG_7079.jpg

I'm glad that you were able to do things that you enjoy in these jeans. I'm just trying to point out what jwsach was hinting at. It's not the lack of indigo loss that made me skeptical; It's the lack of everything else. Your jeans make it look like all you did was sit around in them all day and then went rollerblading for 20-30 minutes.

most of you are pretty uneducated.

sure thing, why dont you educate us? ;)

tell us a little about the origin of the choice of the cotton, the species of cotton, the spinning process, the dying process, the sewing machine they used, the gauge of the threads, and oh... let's not forgot, the marketing process.....

give us some insight....