Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Looking to pull the trigger on a pair of Roys. Any idea when Selfedge will be getting them back in stock? Is that the only place to get them?

February 1st.

ive been getting private messages and comments from users and friends asking me "what the heck happened?" and "why did you sell your Roys?"

...i finally have a moment to type up a proper explination and response, i want to start by saying i have no animosity toward Mr. Slaper. from the very start i was captured by his whole concept of design and simple yet super detail oriented, connoisseur type aesthetic.

my troubles began the second i opened my package from him and tried on my Roy mk1 's i was nervous, nervous that my appreciation for his work would blind me into wearing a pair of jeans that may not have fit me properly from the start. as i wore my pair, and time went on, i grew anxious as i knew that a heck of alot of shrink lay dormant, and an already snug pair of jeans grew dirtier and ripe for the cleansing.

So i bit the bullet and sold my edition, i will always be excited to see what comes next, and hopefully someday he will introduce a fuller more classic or vintage inspired cut to his slim, even skinny line up. at that point i will jump right back in, gladly.

i know how it feels to be pulled in so many directions and forced to produce works of art under the gun, super stressful. i just wish my correspondence back and forth with him would have been a little less hypothetical and drawn out, and more direct. costumer service is key, and that is my only sore spot.

Thanks for the info Vinn.. I was curious as to why u bailed on your roy's too. But i didn't pm you because I figured you would eventually talk about it.

About your fit.. Do you think if you sized up one it would have solved your fit issue?.. or it would have thrown off the fit in the top block too much, just trading 1 problem for another?

taking my rn1s to honduras this week to grace my legs as i partake in a service project... safe to say i'll be the only person in the entire country rocking roys, but it's going to be hot and humid as hell during the day time...

Don't be so sure. There were a pair of Tellason Strummers there for a year.... just sayin, you neeeever know.

exactly, top block was heaven, the 47' type legs were the issue. 55' is my dream cut. plus skinny/slim silouhette is kinda meeeeh... IMO of course.

Perfect dad fit though!

^^cheers gents!

robbie, they are the narrows. the fabric is definitely still settling, looking slightly bunchy at the knees. but I really like the cut: slim but not silly rockstar, which doesn't work on my legs anyway.

^^^thanks man!

again, for anyone on the fence, these are lovely and I highly recommend.

also, I just skimmed through the whole second half of this thread, which I had read before. don't know how I missed all the controversy. and the hilarity. awesome.

180205_495836191834_508016834_6639354_2815684_n.jpg

Roy gen1's

6-24-2010 initial soaks

9-16-10 hand washed in hot water w/ woolite black

11-23-10 " "

1-6-11- machine washed in hot water, and sent out west for a hem.

Just got these back from being hemmed. I'll take some better pictures when there is more light. If you look close though you can kind of see the leg twist.

more later, but I didn't want people to think i'm so preoccupied with my contest jeans I'd forgotten my first love.

-rF

Robbie, stop it already. You might scare away the Rookies!!!

edit: ohhh yeah. Cone denim is all hype!

Those are looking really good robbie! I have not gotten significant wear on mine yet.. they seem to wear like fuckin iron! Also, mine shrunk up to an almost skinny fit for me.. so i probably don't wear them as often as i would like. However, I have gotten tons of compliments on them. Women love Roys! lol