Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they stretched out like 3 inches post soak on these i coudnt button up all the way.. stretched them out a bit squats and etc.. now they sit like 1 1/2 inches below my belly button

S0500xx size 34x36 at 6 months

hope you enjoy +rep if you want, its always appreciated and reciprocated

img1419mx9.jpg

img1422be8.jpg

img1423hn8.jpg

i thought the other weight 510s werent slubby? anyway, i disagree with blm, the vx is slubby, the denim of my 710s is almost as slubby as the vx, but i dont think ive found a single warp knot on my 510s, id say theyre very smooth, almost iron heart-like, only thing id change about them

edit- i take this back, i just got a pair of 5000bks that i have up in supermarket now that didnt fit, 710s are a little slubbier than the zero stuff

hey dino, your 710's look great. you sized down one right? what size do you wear on these? I think I have similar body proportions as you, and I just want to get a reference. cheers.

thanks, yeah i think one down, the 710s i wear now are w32

i need to get me more samurai's. The denim in your pictures look so good. I petty the people that buy exspensive designer denim if you can have something so much better.

ive owned flathead, eternal, nudie, dh, and ive liked samurai more than any of them by far

i thought the other weight 510s werent slubby? anyway, i disagree with blm, the vx is slubby, the denim of my 710s is almost as slubby as the vx, but i dont think ive found a single warp knot on my 510s, id say theyre very smooth, almost iron heart-like, only thing id change about them

Sorry maybe I was being unclear: I was comparing samurai's 21oz jeans to other companies' 21oz denim. Compared to the ironheart denim the samurai 21oz is MUCH slubbier. I tried them on in B&G and I remember being struck how they werent smooth like my iron hearts... I wasn't really comparing the 21oz samurais to other jeans in samurai's lineup. They're definitely less slubby than my 5000VXs but I also own iron hearts and they're not as smooth as that. The iron heart denim is SOOOOOOO consistent in texture

working on my S510XX AI-N....seems like not a lot of sufus are digging these. Anyone with update pics? This is the pair of jeans I have that bleeds the most. Little contact with water and I get smurf hands. I'm loving the fit and it's rigid enough to get creases easily. Now to wait for the fading to happen.....

Samurai claims that these are natural indigo dyed jeans that will fade quickly. I've given up on my other naturals and hope that these will have contrast fades the same as synthetics. Probably in a month or so I'd be able to post worthy pictures.

working on my S510XX AI-N....seems like not a lot of sufus are digging these. Anyone with update pics? This is the pair of jeans I have that bleeds the most. Little contact with water and I get smurf hands. I'm loving the fit and it's rigid enough to get creases easily. Now to wait for the fading to happen.....

Samurai claims that these are natural indigo dyed jeans that will fade quickly. I've given up on my other naturals and hope that these will have contrast fades the same as synthetics. Probably in a month or so I'd be able to post worthy pictures.

Did you post fit pics of these John? I'd love to get a pair...can't fit it into the budget right now. I've even been able to get over the ugly gold buttons!

Sorry gimme, haven't had time to post fit pics but I will as soon as...

Yeah, it looks like the gold buttons will age well and you won't even notice them. The dark denim is very intriguing and I'm very curious how these will fade vs. the VX or all the other Samurai models....

Got my s5000bk in the mail today =). I sized down 2, and I was just wondering how much these will shrink after the soak? If any shrinkage at all? Hot/Warm? Any suggestions? My skulls shrank a little more than i wanted them to so i had to fight them for a while to stretch them out. I dont know if I'll have a bigger problem with my sammies because I sized down 2. I'm tempted to wear these raw but i read it might be bad for the denim in the long run. Is that true? Thanks in advance

Got my s5000bk in the mail today =). I sized down 2, and I was just wondering how much these will shrink after the soak? If any shrinkage at all? Hot/Warm? Any suggestions? My skulls shrank a little more than i wanted them to so i had to fight them for a while to stretch them out. I dont know if I'll have a bigger problem with my sammies because I sized down 2. I'm tempted to wear these raw but i read it might be bad for the denim in the long run. Is that true? Thanks in advance

No, you shouldn't wear them raw.

They will shrink a lot...but will also stretch a lot.

How wash, inside out, no spin cycle.

Prepare for the pain...lots of info throughout the thread on any question you might have...but you're just gonna ask anyway...so whatever. :cool: