Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want them from big...too expensive and no arcs and tabs.

Im buying them cause of samurai's cease of arced-tabbed jean production in 08.

I wanna have a pair of those in reserve so I can break them in in the future.

Will shops like 2nd restock as well?

unless there is another production....probably not

Yea I get ya....odd though...Take5 says they are out of stock in W30, but that they will be restocking in that size in November 15.

Why would Take5 get special treatment when 2nd is right smack in Japan?

My hopes are that 2nd will also get a restock.....but damn last time I tried ordering from 2nd my stupid CC denied the transaction...I'd hate for that to happen agian.

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the USA model Samurai jeans from BiG. My true waist size is a 32, but I like to sag my jeans a bit, so it's probably 33.5 where I'll be wearing them. Should I get the 30's ( which are 32 inch pre-wash) or size up to a pair that will be 32 after shrinkage? Also wondering if you guys usually soak your jeans first to shrink them down, or rock them for a while and then soak.

Sorry for the newb questions, this will be my first premium denim purchase.

Just a heads up - I'm selling a pair of new sized 30 s5000vx on supermarket. Worn twice around the apartment for a few hours to try and stretch em out. Just way too tight for me and although the denim is the most amazing shit I've ever seen/felt, the fit just does not work with how I like to wear my jeans. The hip flare is rediculous when slouched and I feel like I'm wearing MC Hammer pants. Anyway, if your interested, hit me up in a PM. I'll have pictures up later tonight.

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the USA model Samurai jeans from BiG. My true waist size is a 32, but I like to sag my jeans a bit, so it's probably 33.5 where I'll be wearing them. Should I get the 30's ( which are 32 inch pre-wash) or size up to a pair that will be 32 after shrinkage? Also wondering if you guys usually soak your jeans first to shrink them down, or rock them for a while and then soak.

You HAVE to wash/soak your jeans before wearing...just cuz...I'm too tired to explain.

Get a 32. Ask Gordon for advice too.

Just a heads up - I'm selling a pair of new sized 30 s5000vx on supermarket. Worn twice around the apartment for a few hours to try and stretch em out. Just way too tight for me and although the denim is the most amazing shit I've ever seen/felt, the fit just does not work with how I like to wear my jeans. The hip flare is rediculous when slouched and I feel like I'm wearing MC Hammer pants. Anyway, if your interested, hit me up in a PM. I'll have pictures up later tonight.

You don't need to crosspost...but if you're going to, you may as well include a link. ;)

Not to be a search Nazi, but you really should do a search and in the process you will learn a lot of info about the jeans you are going to buy and other jeans you might buy in the future, not to mention the little nuances of the different brands of jeans and which companies do certain things better than others.

I am not trying to be a dick, but you should go for a size 32 and let them shrink all the way before wearing them.

Denim will generally stretch a half inch to an inch more than the raw measurements (hard to believe but my 5000vx have now stretched over 1 inch larger than BIGs raw measurements after a few months). Based on BIGs raw measurements I'm guessing the ones tagged 30 will stretch to max 33 and taged 31 will stretch to max 34. If your hips are 33.5 I'm guestimating you will be comfortable in a 31 and sufu tight in a 30. But depends on the pair, how you measured, how BIG measured, and type of denim, but that's roughly right. Tagged size is irrelevant. If you can try them on and they fit the way you want around the waist raw, they will still fit similarly after a hot wash and a few wears, and get a little looser as they soften, stretch and comform a little more. All the shrink really does is make the jeans get a nicer drape, saturation and fit as they stretch in some areas over time and stay shrunk in others.

yeah, i agree. I need to get them hemmed. sizing down 2 for the bK's is probably the best advice out there...

Do you guys recommend going down 2 only in the bk's, or in the vx's as well? I don't want to give out bad advice in the SQT.

I only sized down 1 on my vx's and I'm pleased with the fit.

Denim will generally stretch a half inch to an inch more than the raw measurements (hard to believe but my 5000vx have now stretched over 1 inch larger than BIGs raw measurements after a few months). Based on BIGs raw measurements I'm guessing the ones tagged 30 will stretch to max 33 and taged 31 will stretch to max 34. If your hips are 33.5 I'm guestimating you will be comfortable in a 31 and sufu tight in a 30. But depends on the pair, how you measured, how BIG measured, and type of denim, but that's roughly right. Tagged size is irrelevant. If you can try them on and they fit the way you want around the waist raw, they will still fit similarly after a hot wash and a few wears, and get a little looser as they soften, stretch and comform a little more. All the shrink really does is make the jeans get a nicer drape, saturation and fit as they stretch in some areas over time and stay shrunk in others.

Cheers, thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near NY, so trying them on isn't an option. I think the 31's will be what I'm looking for.

Guest jeffvyain

sizing down has become sort of ambiguous to me at this point. i don't really remember what size jeans "fit." I usually wear size 30s. They're usually pretty tight until stretched out a bit. I tried going into some 29s with the 0500s but could hardly button them when they were raw, so I figured I fucked myself there, but I don't know if that's because the rise was a little higher and thus just more fitted or what, because I felt like I could've fit into some 29 5000s, not that i'd want to. so am i sizing down 2 when i buy a pair of 30s? I guess so, but if I bought some size 32 jeans I'd feel like they were going to fall off my ass after they stretched a bit.

both. same denim. down 2 for the texas cotton to in my opinion.

I STRONGLY disagree with the ideas of sizing down 2 on 0500s--I've never heard this idea forwarded before. I'm with cheep, sized down 2 on 0500s would fit like scuba suit pants with a fly that doesn't button all the way up. Some dudes think that looks good though... but it ain't me babe...

I STRONGLY disagree with the ideas of sizing down 2 on 0500s--I've never heard this idea forwarded before. I'm with cheep, sized down 2 on 0500s would fit like scuba suit pants with a fly that doesn't button all the way up. Some dudes think that looks good though... but it ain't me babe...

Same here. True to size for me.