Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By a lot. I ordered a pair of SDAs from C-point and paid $190. When take5 quoted me a price it was like $280. That's BIG prices.

Yeah Take5 is more expensive for sure, but the 20% VIP discount takes some of the sting away. They usually have pretty good availability (in my experience) so I tend to only use them in a pinch, when I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else.

The size is just as usual?

There is a coinpocket but its hard to see in the pictures.

I usually take a 29, and the models I own list it as 73.5-77.5, but the 3000BK lists is at 72.5-74.5...which, now that I've looked, is the same as the indigo version of the 3000. Does anyone own the indigo 3000?

This picture made it look as though there was no coin pocket...together with the ambiguous translation...

246jjub.jpg

I usually take a 29, and the models I own list it as 73.5-77.5, but the 3000BK lists is at 72.5-74.5...which, now that I've looked, is the same as the indigo version of the 3000. Does anyone own the indigo 3000?

This picture made it look as though there was no coin pocket...together with the ambiguous translation...

I have the indigo S3000s in a size 33, lot 10. I bought them true to size and after 4 months and 2 washes they fit comfortably in the waist and and a bit loose overall. Probably could have sized down 1 and gotten away with it but I preferred a more relaxed fit.

I have the indigo S3000s in a size 33, lot 10. I bought them true to size and after 4 months and 2 washes they fit comfortably in the waist and and a bit loose overall. Probably could have sized down 1 and gotten away with it but I preferred a more relaxed fit.

Thanks for the info.

Do yours have the same coinpocket deal?

^^ take5 undervalue their items if needed to avoid customs.

D-Stock x Samurai updated pictures. http://item.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/tobiume/

img55310304.jpg

img55310299.jpg

funny that you mentioned these as i saw these last night looking on their website. curious if anyone knows how these fit? also are those painted arcs?

(im asking as if im actually looking into purchasing these...silly me its not going to happen.)

img55310305.jpg

img55310306.jpg

img55310307.jpg

Holy shit dude... that D-Stock is next on my list, maybe... I've always liked the white colored Samurai back-pocket ever since seeing Take-5's. ahhhh but I just baught Flat Heads.

meh...white arcs just aren't enough to make me hire a proxy. :rolleyes:

Speaking of arcs though...if BiG were to sell the new S3000BK...I guess the arcs would have to stay? Unless someone is going to sit there with a toothbrush and scrub them off!

meh...white arcs just aren't enough to make me hire a proxy. :rolleyes:

Speaking of arcs though...if BiG were to sell the new S3000BK...I guess the arcs would have to stay? Unless someone is going to sit there with a toothbrush and scrub them off!

Actually I bought my 3000s from BiG back in June. The painted arcs were intact but there was no red tab. That stuff is stuck on there pretty good. I tried to scrape off some of the material that extended beyond the pocket but didn't have much luck without a bunch of denim going along with it.

Actually I bought my 3000s from BiG back in June. The painted arcs were intact but there was no red tab. That stuff is stuck on there pretty good. I tried to scrape off some of the material that extended beyond the pocket but didn't have much luck without a bunch of denim going along with it.

I can see that they would still sell their current stock if it had unremovable arcs, but I'm curious to see if they'll get new stock. I actually don't even want them...just curious.:o

Has anyone suggested a poll on BIG's vs. D-Stock's? I've been hankering to get some 5000-fit Sam's and now seems as good a time as any (their cost notwithstanding) since they're both such cool variations. The merits of the BIG's are definitely the 15oz 505 denim, the buckle-back (which can redeem almost any jean IMO), and the NYC skyline patch is fucking FRESH (being NY'er). However, I don't know that I would want Sam's without arcs and tabs as long as they're available, and the contract stitching to D-Stock's arcs makes them look even better.

Well, let me be NY too and ask you why are you sweatin' bulletz over that? The arcs and that tiny little peice of red fabric is the last thing I worry about. I buy it for the quality and fit. I also don't want people asking me if I'm wearing Levi's. The arcs are there too with black stitching (not sure if it's on all cuts?) and when the denim gets lighter they show up more so it's not that big of a deal. It is a free world though son, to an extent...

Has anyone suggested a poll on BIG's vs. D-Stock's? I've been hankering to get some 5000-fit Sam's and now seems as good a time as any (their cost notwithstanding) since they're both such cool variations. The merits of the BIG's are definitely the 15oz 505 denim, the buckle-back (which can redeem almost any jean IMO), and the NYC skyline patch is fucking FRESH (being NY'er). However, I don't know that I would want Sam's without arcs and tabs as long as they're available, and the contract stitching to D-Stock's arcs makes them look even much better.

I'm going to use Cheep's contest jeans as my point of reference...with time, your tab & arcs will only be so visible (in the case, hardly at all)...the buckleback will always be there...and supporting Gordon & BiG in this case is a good way of showing our support for the only NA retailer to give us access to Sam's.

sam5vk9.jpg

10 months and some days...

I'm going to use Cheep's contest jeans as my point of reference...with time, your tab & arcs will only be so visible (in the case, hardly at all)...the buckleback will always be there...and supporting Gordon & BiG in this case is a good way of showing our support for the only NA retailer to give us access to Sam's.

Also, lined pockets means you don't get those damnable holes all the contest jeans had.

Unfortunately, I don't think BIG's will have even black arcs, just blank pockets. However, that's a very strong argument about their non-longevity vs. the buckle-back.

And, I guess I'm so attached to tabs because I like a little color to break up my jean's backside, evidence of my living in LA for the last 4 yrs after a lifetime in NY (no Ed Hardy jeans just yet, however).

Unfortunately, I don't think BIG's will have even black arcs, just blank pockets. However, that's a very strong argument about their non-longevity vs. the buckle-back.

And, I guess I'm so attached to tabs because I like a little color to break up my jean's backside, evidence of my living in LA for the last 4 yrs after a lifetime in NY (no Ed Hardy jeans just yet, however).

How about this - when was the last time you were walking down the street and were able to look at your own ass?