Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you would think with the way stuff is fitting me il fluctuate between a 30 and 31 depending on the jeans i guess and if ive been running or not. i cant fit a 30 one wash sugar cane okinawa, yet my edwins are a 30

just wondering, how tall are you / how much do you weigh?

I wanted to correct myself for saying the 710 has the same cut as the 505 (which is what it says on BiG's website). Here's what the description for the 710 on Sam's website says:

"Straight silhouette of thinness. (It is thinness which is close to samurai S0505XX)"

So I guess its close to the 505, but not identical. They also say the 505 cut was based on the 510-66.

Hope I didn't throw anyone offtrack. :o

Man.... It's ok, we all know you don't know everything about the brand!!

Got my S0500XX today. I love the denim and the fit. Haven't soaked yet, and may not for a while as I'm only a couple months in on my S5000's.

Incidentally, I wear a 31 in the S5000, and went up to a 32 (my "true" size) on the S0500 and I'm really glad I did. Quite tight in the waist in raw state. Not bone crushing, but snug. They'll end up perfect.

a question for all you pundits out there... when did samurai start to go with selvage only denim, and when did they start making the hidden rivets a standard feature?

I'm not sure exactly when they started using selvage denim exclusively...but I think they've included hidden rivets as a standard feature on all models other than the hisotrical repros that used bartacking (levi's repro after 66 or Lee repros) or left the rivets exposed (levi's pre-1937).

I just started breaking in my 5000bks.... jesus christ they are tough. Totally different feel to my S0500s. I'll take some fit pics if the sun ever comes out here.

hey i need pics ont hese brother! hehe