Cultizm LVC Contest (photos only thread)

joe@cultizm.com

^ An ounce of prevention, Reggie Died. I've touched up the pockets on my 1944 at the slightest sign, and they've held up well while the rest of the jean falls apart. A good fix for the perimeter stitching is to interweave the repair with the old thread. The original thread around the edge of the pocket seems to fail as a complete thread rather than breaking, if that makes sense. You can loop and lock a repair around it, and save it before it breaks.

I've had less of an issue with the actual denim ripping as I have with the pockets themselves fraying and coming apart, but I'm sure that a little active prevention probably would be the best way to lengthen their lifespan. Very helpful post jyoni!

I've had less of an issue with the actual denim ripping as I have with the pockets themselves fraying and coming apart, but I'm sure that a little active prevention probably would be the best way to lengthen their lifespan. Very helpful post jyoni!

It won't kill the fraying, but it will help. Quick surgical loops seem to help alot over holes and tears.

How does that happen? I've never had a pocket rip. Jeans are looking good though!

It's a combination of always putting my hands in my pockets (the cloth pocket sack detaches from all my jeans eventually) and from always clipping my tape measure on them. Also shoving knives and other sharp objects when I don't want to wear my tool belt.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks setterman, ive already patched the right knee and repaired the left one but im not too happy with the repair work on the left...it makes the leg falls in a weird way.. maybe i'll cut out the repair part and patch from inside, you think that will work?

Thanks setterman, ive already patched the right knee and repaired the left one but im not too happy with the repair work on the left...it makes the leg falls in a weird way.. maybe i'll cut out the repair part and patch from inside, you think that will work?

Didn't realize they'd been repaired, thought that white area was weft threads showing. Looked at your photos in the what are you wearing post, and see what you mean about the left leg. As long as it's holding up well enough, I don't know that I'd replace it.

^ Mechanical Pencil is like the gentle giant of the woods. At the end of the day, he vanishes into the treeline with birds and small mammals on his shoulders and at his feet.