Evisu is still loved!

benzak

no offense to anyone, but this sounds like overpriced glorified pre-distressing. i could get a pair of #1s from gordon,and let washboy or denim dave have a go at em' for less than $600. where the fuck is DEUS anyway? his #2s blow all this new morrison evisu out the water!

Well, it seems if only the ridiculously pre-distressed versions will run upwards to $600. The rest of the denim is being priced at $100-265, which isn't bad. Those pairs in the preview are most likely from the regular line.

Yeah i was going to say "one of a kind" isnt sounding like its going to be too interesting. Who the fuck thinks i want cigarette lighter burns on my jeans or hand painted buttons.

Honestly, I'm kind of excited to see what they're talking about.

I dont like the way they are bringing back old names only to do nothing decent with them. E.g. Private Stock and Labor.

I'll have to wait and see the entire collection before I can fully decide.

Well over all the discussions that there have been not a single time has the words "raw denim" been talked about. Does anyone there remember thats what they are meant to be doing.

It was mentioned in one of the earlier articles, but I can't be arsed to find the one in question.

I don't think that there's the money to be made in raw denim that they might be after though...

I was speaking to Ming, the fella who owned those deadstock jeans I posted a while ago, yesterday and he said that the reason they stopped stocking Evisu was because of the clientele who were coming in to buy the stuff!

I take it I'm not alone in thinking that a lot of the new stuff may well turn out to be a bigger crock of shite (in our eyes) than even most of the recent International output?

I'll try to remain optimistic until I see the full collection. Based on this snippet, or whatever, it seems they're still doing raw denim. I hope they'll bring some other unique pieces as well, but I don't know. I already knew washed denim would be there.

The Japanese side of things will still be there if it turns out to be disastrous. LOL.

I was speaking to Ming, the fella who owned those deadstock jeans I posted a while ago, yesterday and he said that the reason they stopped stocking Evisu was because of the clientele who were coming in to buy the stuff!

Wow that sucks. I kinda dislike stores that demand a certain type of customer asthetic. Although I prefer raw denim, I understand people have an affinity for washed,,,,,,I don't know. Seems kinda harsh though.

Wow that sucks. I kinda dislike stores that demand a certain type of customer asthetic. Although I prefer raw denim, I understand people have an affinity for washed,,,,,,I don't know. Seems kinda harsh though.

Nah...he was referring the gangster wannabes and plastic bad bois [sic] who were going in and trying to get discounts and so on...

Honestly, while anything is better than that 3902 pocket shit that Evisu was putting out a year or two ago, I don't know what image Scott Morrison is going after with this new collection. Looking at these pictures and the description, I'm left wondering how Evisu will be different from... Earnest Sewn.

dude, that's what i was just thinking. my sister has a pair of earnest sewns i gave her from a few years back(hutch cut#5 bootcut,made in march 2005, milk-blue 3D wash, italian denim) and i had to put them on while i got some red paint out of the ole' FC. a saw the evisu blurb, and i figured i could paint some kamome on the earnest sewn and basically end up with the same thing!

i've had damage from constant zippo use, but i've never burned myself with a lighter. those levis cheep posted a while back with the match strikes were boss, but this is something different. if you burn your jeans with a lighter, you were probable smoking crack...i told you this morrison dude was up to NO good! but in reality, how many pairs of raws does evisu sell per the pre-distressed ones? $$$talks

Nah...he was referring the gangster wannabes and plastic bad bois [sic] who were going in and trying to get discounts and so on...

I'm SOL here in the upper midwest. Nobody knows about them beyond mass culture. Even the Puma store here cut their versions over a year ago. Fuck, when I was wearing my greencast I got called out at the liquor store by someone drunk enough to do so, lol. He was in jeans the color and texture of children's construction-paper, with hideous iron-on kamomes...giving me shit about "what I'm doing wearing that." I couldn't even get friendly and nerd out on the guy, cos it was already kind of a scene.

LOL. Wow, you guys won't even give it a chance. It's just a small snippet of a presumably large collection. They've been doing washed denim for a quite a while now (before Morrison even arrived), and Morrison already said there would be raw and rinsed denim. The prices haven't changed for the regular product, and the expensive stuff is for unique, excessively customized pieces. But, I doubt few people are going to pay that much.

But, if it does suck, I'll be more than disappointed.

A lot of the contrast washed out, they now look pretty bland as a result. I'm assuming it's down to the dying process...

Seems like they fade too easily? That'd be crazy considering how long it took for Cheep's to fade.

Hope to see em again in the near future, along with the 2101's. No rush of course.

Seems like they fade too easily? That'd be crazy considering how long it took for Cheep's to fade.

Hope to see em again in the near future, along with the 2101's. No rush of course.

Not sure about fading too easily, more like the dye job might not have been up to scratch. Dunno if Cheep's were any different, being samples and all that...If I'm guilty of overwashing then I've overwashed all my denims that you've seen...

Not sure about fading too easily, more like the dye job might not have been up to scratch. Dunno if Cheep's were any different, being samples and all that...If I'm guilty of overwashing then I've overwashed all my denims that you've seen...

CTB are your Lazy S jeans made in Macau?