Evisu is still loved!

benzak

After finding out that all Evisu outside of Japan was ran differently and is considered Evisu International, I will never by another Pair unless they are MIJ! I give a shit less what Morrison produces I just want to save up and get a MIJ No. 0/1 pair!

Hands Down!!!

Actually, the denim was made in Japan; but in finished in Macau. But the new stuff in the upcoming line, I'm not sure........But he'll be mostly outsourcing his denim, but the garment itself will be finished in America. Perhaps it will be milled in America, like Earnest Sewn. Who knows.....

Well they are two totally different companies. Yamane just sold the license to Peter Caplowe outside of Japan (Last i heard its in 5 year contracts). So he can pretty much do what he wants apart from some specific things Yamane dint want him to do. It turns out that now though they are paying Yamane more and getting abit more in exchange.

Its also to be noted that they have had some very dodgy business practices however thats nothing new to Yamane who along with another denim company apparently single handily ruined the denim business in japan.

Some of their dealings can be found on various court papers line like here:

http://www.websupp.org/data/SDNY/1:03-cv-01097-46-SDNY.pdf

Also another thing to note is last i checked evisu.com was registered to bestford in hong kong. Now the registrant is a mix match between the bestford address in hong kong and an address in the virgin islands. Im pretty sure this has changed recently.

Well they are two totally different companies. Yamane just sold the license to Peter Caplowe outside of Japan (Last i heard its in 5 year contracts). So he can pretty much do what he wants apart from some specific things Yamane dint want him to do. It turns out that now though they are paying Yamane more and getting abit more in exchange.

Its also to be noted that they have had some very dodgy business practices however thats nothing new to Yamane who along with another denim company apparently single handily ruined the denim business in japan.

Some of their dealings can be found on various court papers line like here:

http://www.websupp.org/data/SDNY/1:03-cv-01097-46-SDNY.pdf

Also another thing to note is last i checked evisu.com was registered to bestford in hong kong. Now the registrant is a mix match between the bestford address in hong kong and an address in the virgin islands. Im pretty sure this has changed recently.

Awesome info Paulo! I wish there was a nice and easy way of purchasing Japanese Evis! Any ideas?

It's about what you really want though.

If you're after a pair of No.1s, for example, then you'll either need a proxy or to know someone over there who can sort it out.

Even with fees and so on, it'll still cost less than two pairs of Heritage jeans, and you'll be getting a product that is up there with the best of them.

Failing that, go to BiG if you're purely after the denim. If it's the tab and handpainted arcs you want, then there's no other way...

I hear yeah man and you're totally right. My co-worker has a lil sis who lives in Taiwan but visits Japan often and I've been trying to get her to get me a pair for awhile. That way she can bring it with her whens she comes to visit in the summer. She is young though and cares more about partying. Who can blame her. lol

It's about what you really want though.

If you're after a pair of No.1s, for example, then you'll either need a proxy or to know someone over there who can sort it out.

Even with fees and so on, it'll still cost less than two pairs of Heritage jeans, and you'll be getting a product that is up there with the best of them.

Failing that, go to BiG if you're purely after the denim. If it's the tab and handpainted arcs you want, then there's no other way...

Hi Ben,

I have a 34 waist and let's say there's a possibility that a friend of mine gets some no.1 in Tokyo for me.

I want a COMFY fit _(lot.2000). is sizing up 2 a good idea?

I'll also wash the quite often (once a month).

Thanks for any sizing advice...

if you have a dollar in pennies you can put one in each pocket. 700 pounds? somebody is smoking drywall crumbs in place of crack. they say heritage, but they are MiJ? that's the only thing good about them.

on another note, i was planning today to get a CTB-style crotch repair done with denim from poopslush's black FC, but a stone-wall job came up, so i'll try to find a reputable tailor to do it tomorrow after i wash em again tonight. thats 3 washes in 7 days...CTB i already ripped the pics off ya, even though i don't think i need the exact patch shape you used. but i need to give the tailor a good visual example to work from. now i have to go get some black all cotton thread...

UPDATE: i just went to 3 different places with a sample of the black denim, and pictures of CTB's repair. i went to 2 korean alteration spots first, cause for some reason i wanted an asian to do the work.(i know, forgive me). i call it reverse racism. the first lady told me 18 bucks, the other korean lady told me i would have to ask her absent boss, and so i went to a white guy who has a cleaners/alteration spot down the street from my moms. he told me 5 bucks and a 3-4 day wait and i'm good...so i'm going to the white guy. i hate giving up the jawn for 4 days, but today's dirty-job will put about 3 weeks worth of average nigga wear on them, so be it. the reason i posted this here is because i bit the idea off of CTB.

Hi Ben,

I have a 34 waist and let's say there's a possibility that a friend of mine gets some no.1 in Tokyo for me.

I want a COMFY fit _(lot.2000). is sizing up 2 a good idea?

I'll also wash the quite often (once a month).

Thanks for any sizing advice...

Yeah, if you size up 2 then you should get a comfy fit...Even sizing up 1 should be fine, as long as you keep a close eye on the shrinkage, up to you.

if you have a dollar in pennies you can put one in each pocket. 700 pounds? somebody is smoking drywall crumbs in place of crack. they say heritage, but they are MiJ? that's the only thing good about them.

on another note, i was planning today to get a CTB-style crotch repair done with denim from poopslush's black FC, but a stone-wall job came up, so i'll try to find a reputable tailor to do it tomorrow after i wash em again tonight. thats 3 washes in 7 days...CTB i already ripped the pics off ya, even though i don't think i need the exact patch shape you used. but i need to give the tailor a good visual example to work from. now i have to go get some black all cotton thread...

UPDATE: i just went to 3 different places with a sample of the black denim, and pictures of CTB's repair. i went to 2 korean alteration spots first, cause for some reason i wanted an asian to do the work.(i know, forgive me). i call it reverse racism. the first lady told me 18 bucks, the other korean lady told me i would have to ask her absent boss, and so i went to a white guy who has a cleaners/alteration spot down the street from my moms. he told me 5 bucks and a 3-4 day wait and i'm good...so i'm going to the white guy. i hate giving up the jawn for 4 days, but today's dirty-job will put about 3 weeks worth of average nigga wear on them, so be it. the reason i posted this here is because i bit the idea off of CTB.

The jeans on the link I posted were made in Macau, if I remember correctly...they were the limited edition jeans that were produced for Selfridges centenary, and featured on the Evis blog.

They were on sale for £100, and I toyed with the idea of getting a pair and keeping them to sell on a rainy day. I didn't, so I'll be watching the auction with interest and a certain amount of envy haha! My eyes are green enough already...

Good to see that the repair pics have been of use to a couple of people, hope you get what you want from the tailor...Getting my 2000s done was a good call, and you can feel the extra support from the denim that was stitched on. Let us know how you get on, man...

Yeah, if you size up 2 then you should get a comfy fit...Even sizing up 1 should be fine, as long as you keep a close eye on the shrinkage, up to you.

The jeans on the link I posted were made in Macau, if I remember correctly...they were the limited edition jeans that were produced for Selfridges centenary, and featured on the Evis blog.

They were on sale for £100, and I toyed with the idea of getting a pair and keeping them to sell on a rainy day. I didn't, so I'll be watching the auction with interest and a certain amount of envy haha! My eyes are green enough already...

Good to see that the repair pics have been of use to a couple of people, hope you get what you want from the tailor...Getting my 2000s done was a good call, and you can feel the extra support from the denim that was stitched on. Let us know how you get on, man...

That repair is awesome. Still waiting on mine. My guy has been out of town, and his wife doesn't want to do it :(

Salaami are you a mason?

lemmy i suggest getting the 2001 fit for a more relax fit the 2000's are not that comfy imo on the front rise and crotch..

if you are going to wash frequently pls size up more like 3

lemmy, I'll repost these pics of my 2001. These are the Macau "No. 1 Special" model, so I don't know how directly the cut or shrinkage would translate. They were sized 1 up raw. I blocked the waist to my size, and hot-washed through three machine cycles. I'm happy with the fit, but I'll probably have to keep using the block for future washes.

evisuno1specialfitf.jpg

evisuno1specialfitb.jpg

Just a little update - these 2 were taken in July after about 6 months and 1 wash.

You can see their super slubby nature quite clearly and some bright blue peeking through. I think I am going to wash alot more frequently now.

I like contrasty jeans but prefer the more vintage washed out look with nice wear. Whether these'll look that way remains to be seen. more updates when enough change is visible.

3889531020_706a373557.jpg3889529870_af771b0ef2.jpg

They are just so damned tough though, I've been crawlng over solid floors,concrete, gardening, playing on the carpet with the dog ! - they are just so stubborn !