Evisu is still loved!

benzak

perfect fit on those 2001s.....

i'm not a professional mason, although i've worked as a masons laborer one summer years ago. worst job of my life. i've been working for the family contracting company for the past few months since ive been laid-off, so that includes doing lots of dirty jobs. right now we are building a retainer-wall for this lady and it involves a lot of the jeans rubbing these 35 lb. stones i'm building the wall with all day, as well as a lot of kneeling on dirt, concrete, and sand. believe it or not i only work on building the wall every few days in my spare time, so the whole summer i've given them like 2 weeks worth of good work. if i worked in them everyday like farmer, they would've been retired by now probably. after i finish the job i'll do the last photo shoot of this year. i'll post pics of my sams, poopslush's FCblacks and warehouse this week...

yea those look fake to me. But there are two quick things you can check. Look at the coin pocket- the stitched side closest to the fly should have stitches going all the way up to the waist, whereas the stitches on the other side stop at the top of the coin pocket.

Also look at the inside of the jeans right behind the middle belt loop. There should be a stitch there that is at a diagonal.

Hope this helps.

is there a website or post/thread that goes into how to spot fakes?

i remember that in one shop in harajuku they had a poster on the wall with ways to spot fakes, but is there a place that we could point people to that would help with the "is this a fake?" questions?

the same question applies for levis stuff as well, i guess.

also what is the opinion on the fakes? i have seen posts from people who actually like their thai fake LVC better than real LVC, but it seems like evisu fakes are universally despised. is that because they are being passed off as genuine, or are they just terribly made?

i remember walking through an open air market in thailand and seeing plenty of evisu and bape fakes all over.

Well im going to make a post for my blog bellow. Though i was waiting on a translation for another post i wanted to make before. So there should be one soon.

The thing with the evisu fakes is they arent trying to reproduce jeans they are just making cheap fakes with the cheapest price possible. I have started to see some better fakes even using selvage denim though.

hard work is great for good wear of the denim, but paint chemicals, and shit like that is NOT. drywall dust isn't bad since it will wash out, but joint coumpound will come out with agitation. remove as much of it as you can when it first lands on the jeans. if you work/wash in these enough, they will look great.

hard work is great for good wear of the denim, but paint chemicals, and shit like that is NOT. drywall dust isn't bad since it will wash out, but joint coumpound will come out with agitation. remove as much of it as you can when it first lands on the jeans. if you work/wash in these enough, they will look great.

Silicone-based caulk is horrid. Avoid that shit like the plague cos it will penetrate even if you just let it dry as a glob, to peel off later.