Evisu is still loved!

benzak

the 2 tone waistband chainstitch is murder! very nice detail...looks like the weft is the ecru mother cotton. CTB, that's the # 1denim in those 2001s, right. how many washes? you must machine wash, cause the bottom of the legs look relatively light.

Nice jeans Ed, and even more impressed that you got Lot 2001!

I was going to get a pair myself, but saw a few decent (very decent offers) on some trainers, and decided to expand my sneaker collection by four pairs...

CTB, that's the # 1denim in those 2001s, right. how many washes? you must machine wash, cause the bottom of the legs look relatively light.

Yeah, it's No.1 Lot 2001 mate. Fuck knows how many washes - been wearing them for almost 16 months now, and they musta been washed more than sixteen times due to the wear they got when I was biking like mad.

Hoping to get back riding soon enough, and start on one of my other pairs. Put on the Lot 2004 this evening and went out for a bit to get a 'feel' for them. Cracking fit, but waaaay too much overhang from my summer cake and pie diet so might get cracking on them whilst starting back on the bike and see how I get on...

I like how he says just making raw denim won't work out business wise, which, unfortunately, is true. They're also still doing replica denim, but at what cost? I'll still need to see the final product.

embroidered. too bad...
Damn. The only other pair I'm interested in, that is on sale, is the Lazy-S.

just got the swatches of vintage evis denim from flash. the denim is redline selvage,red caste, fairly hairy. it's dark, as dark as FC or WH denim when raw. the twill line isn't as irregular as most shuttle-loomed denim, and while double-ringspun, it's not slubby @all(warp or weft). it's been soaked once, and it's soft as a mofo. if blindfolded you would think it's zimbabwe cotton it's that soft. a rare find, and i'm thrilled to have it. i'll use it tonight, and post pics in the repair thread on the morrow...yes friends EVIS IS LOVED!!!

edited update: i needed to use the evis denim last night, so boiled the denim(long enough to smoke a dutch), then i hand-washed it with a lil' bronners to get most of the remaining starch/shrink out. quite a bit of blue indigo came out of a swatch of fabric only 5x10'' long, but after i ironed it dry to get ALL the shrink out the denim is still looks raw indigo blue. very dark, and even after being ironed ''stiff'' the denim is still soft as hell. this particular sample doesn't remind me of evisu d85 denim, or the #1 denim( i admit i've only personally handled the pink-line #1 which is slubbier, and not as soft as this vintageevis). in my repair kit i have various samurai denims(WH1000xx,FC black&indigo, oni kabuki vedge) and this evis sample doesn't remind me of any of these.

Here are some photos of my No. 1's for you Evisu fans. 1 wash (turned inside out) at high temperature to shrink it down 2 sizes, and then spun dry. Only 5 wears since. One of my greatest regrets in life is not taking photos of them in their raw state so I can't show you guys a before and after. I will be sure to post some more pics as I break these suckers in though.

I was lucky enough to live in Ebisu for 1 month and picked these up at the Daikanyama store. The cat seemed like a good idea at the time, as I wanted something more personalised for the price, and was looking for a souvenir of my time in Japan. With globalisation it's hard to find something local & unique these days.

As it was my second last day in Japan the staff were kind enough to paint them for me in 3 hours, instead of the usual 3 day wait. Whilst I was tempted to go for the dark blue paint which is only available at the Tokyo store, I ended up choosing light blue, because of the awesome fades I saw on my friend's gulls.

I think anyone who hates on Evisu is missing the point. I love Evisu's irreverence & sense of humour. They're one of the few brands that are having fun with raw denim and experimenting with a view to the future, not just the past.

3972242804_7c1d35cc27.jpg

3971468885_baa455fe22.jpg

3971460403_ea19023629.jpg

3971430135_aa97c07f25.jpg

3972289226_e9a7f07806.jpg

3971558013_9fe99c77ee.jpg

3971550719_944a5611fe.jpg

Lovely piece of writing You Ren. thanks:)

Here are some photos of my No. 1's for you Evisu fans. 1 wash (turned inside out) at high temperature to shrink it down 2 sizes, and then spun dry. Only 5 wears since. One of my greatest regrets in life is not taking photos of them in their raw state so I can't show you guys a before and after. I will be sure to post some more pics as I break these suckers in though.

I was lucky enough to live in Ebisu for 1 month and picked these up at the Daikanyama store. The cat seemed like a good idea at the time, as I wanted something more personalised for the price, and was looking for a souvenir of my time in Japan. With globalisation it's hard to find something local & unique these days.

As it was my second last day in Japan the staff were kind enough to paint them for me in 3 hours, instead of the usual 3 day wait. Whilst I was tempted to go for the dark blue paint which is only available at the Tokyo store, I ended up choosing light blue, because of the awesome fades I saw on my friend's gulls.

I think anyone who hates on Evisu is missing the point. I love Evisu's irreverence & sense of humour. They're one of the few brands that are having fun with raw denim and experimenting with a view to the future, not just the past.

3972242804_7c1d35cc27.jpg

3971468885_baa455fe22.jpg

3971460403_ea19023629.jpg

3971430135_aa97c07f25.jpg

3972289226_e9a7f07806.jpg

3971558013_9fe99c77ee.jpg

3971550719_944a5611fe.jpg