Evisu is still loved!

benzak

what is the difference between #1 denim and #2 denim?

Does Evisu Japan ever have a sale or promotion discount period?

no.1 is unsanforised, size up by two or three to allow for skrinkage. no.2 is unsanforised with minimal shrinkage.

evisu japan discounted their jeans for a brief period about a year ago, but it's the only time i've seen them do this...

I have no idea about any of the labels, even what the old paris and italian lines fell under.

Most of us really only care about the MiJ classic's anyway but I dont mind some of those heritage models that Evisu International have released like the lazy s and brown box jeans. They really need to do more of that, even those green cast lot 2008's are somewhat interesting. Still undecided wether to fork out money for a pair. But the problem is you have to sift through the rubbish to find the gems and its that rubbish that seems to be dragging the name down.

i don't think you'll ever see any of those heritage repros again, sadly - they were only 'minority' lines when released and i think they were only stocked at savile row in the uk, and from there available online. i think with evisu not performing as well in the west as before, those projects will be a thing of the past. the asian market seems to be evisu international's priority now.

wonder if yamane now regrets selling the rights to market his brand outside of japan...

talking of the lazy s leepros, these are how mine are looking these days:

dsc02364l.jpg

wonder

wonder if yamane now regrets selling the rights to market his brand outside of japan...

Nah, I don't think so. The international brand seems to maintain the ethos somewhat/particularly in terms of the gaudiness of some the pieces. Some of the Japanese pieces (IMHO) can be worse.

However, he might be upset at not having expanded the brand himself in the international markets, if that's what you mean.

LOL.

BTW, I realized these finally released on the site:

http://international...ozen-wash-jeans

Edited by heflys

Cant remember where I heard this but didnt he lease the brand to Evisu International for 5 year's? The previous 5 year period ended and was renewed again. I know he made a ton of $$$ leasing the name but i'd prefer to see him scrap the other labels and have a go himself. Or did I just make that up? lol

I'm not sure either. Can't find anything on the deal anymore. All the International brand yacks about is the ethos of the Japanese brand. Nothing more.

You'd think Yamane owned the international line too.

At least the website does a better job of explaining the denim now,.

http://evisu.com/en/evisu-rules/

http://evisu.com/en/evisu-rules/jeans-details.php

Too big for me mate , pity i would have took it of your hands if you were selling

Beautiful jackets

Have you had any more recent additions lately ? Wust have a pretty large collection of evis now

no worries. what's your size, anyway?

no recent additions, just been wearing the same old denim all the time - a bloke can only wear so many pairs of jeans in a lifetime, eh? i do have another evis/yamane jacket on the way though, with the classic 'fishing ebisu' patch...

I think that would be perfect for me mate , I seen it and considered it but I have the recently bought my first house and im pretty much skint plus I think she knows my new ooe's were not we're not sitting in the closet from last year ..............

Edited by Flash

just won this a few days ago, pretty fuckin happy on the price, what do you guys think? the pictures kinda suck but from what i can see, except for the inside tag, all the details match my current mij evisu (mine have a longer and slimmer tag that's stiched right on the waistband)...looking at the measurements, they seem to be the 2000 cut?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200740778980?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

CTB had that exact pair. I know No.7 is the 16oz denim as opposed to the No.2's 14.5oz. No clue about No.5 but going off the selvage it looks like the d85 which is something like 13.5 or 13.75oz

Wouldnt mind a pair of ringspun gulls though, I sold my rainbow ones in the 2001 cut.

Well since I missed out on those Labor's im thinking about getting a pair of these :

201231219281573.jpg

Its lot 2008... can anyone recommend sizing? Im thinking of going 30 which is probably a size up because I have a feeling that the lot 2008's are somewhat slim. Not sure about shrinkage or stretch with these.