Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Cool jeans, i have been wonderin how those fit, any chance we could get some fit pics. I noticed that the pockets seem a little deeper than the 2000 or 2001...

Don't have any fitpics at the moment but the top block is the same as 2000's, it just tapers to a nice 19cm hem from the knee down. You don't see that many 2005's around here, which is strange as a slim tapered fit is quite popular around SuFu.

Well, here's a pair of MIJ heritage Evisu's (if the zoomed in pic of the tag is proof):

http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-denim-jeans/evisu-lot-2000-no5-private-stock-raw-selvedge-denim-jeans/invt/ev0804raw/

Not sure how I feel about them pockets.

No.5?!

And three-hundred-and-sixty-fucking-quid?! :eek: That's more than the MiJ available at Savile Row, unless the VAT increase has pushed their prices over the edge, like everyfuckingthing else in this country...

And breathe!

Flash I bought a pair, have a look at his history :D

I havent worn them yet but I got them handpainted in a white lazy S. Im actually beating your Evis 2101's since the last month.

I was talking to Paulo about these not to long ago and I think these are from about 2008. CTB also seems to think its the same denim as the International Left No.13's.

Not quite Lazy S. but some of you might be interested in these...the seller has several sizes for a decent BIN price:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120696366763&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

They seem all good to me, and you won't see these on sale in the West too often...

Hello Crash,

Where can I read more about this product?

Oh he responded to me:

Hi

Waiste is 30, Inseam 32, Hem 8, Knee 9.5

Regards

I then verified if the waist was actually same as tag and he confirmed, so don't size down like normally with Evisu international.. He also said they should shrink when washed first.

This one is pretty crazy.

125970a7bbdffddd964d4066bb1922fa.jpg

Took some snaps of my newer 2101's that came in awhile back from yahoo japan. Also just started wearing the pair I bought off Flash. The denim is so soft and I really like the fit. Feel very comfortable in them, not tight but not too baggy around the legs.

2101_front.jpg

2101_back.jpg

double_front.jpg

double_back.jpg

Not a bad afternoon on eBay, two wins:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=300526762094&si=EH9OM0rytVjmXwPoq%252FnY1caftM0%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=110649313928&si=EH9OM0rytVjmXwPoq%252FnY1caftM0%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Thoughts? First pair could be a great score if it fits (my other No.2's are 27 and 28)... not sure if second pair is selvage, and the patch placement is odd, but, either way, I should at least be able to break even by re-selling, if nothing else.

a little follow-up!

the red gull pair is pretty atrocious. fairly relaxed fit, pretty well-worn, non selvage, a bad fake. i think they might become summer cut-offs, or something. maybe just scrap denim.

the silver gull pair, however... those make me more than happy with the two purchases. if they're fake, they're a damn good fake. if they're real, well, then it was a pretty sweet price for brand new jeans.

looks like this, with like... half a day of wearing

http://imgur.com/a/nYe57

The lot says something like "449X 39" (might be 448, or 443, or something). No "number" on the patch (i.e. No.2, No.1, etc.). Inside tag says Made in Italy... "Cobra Original" stamped on the back of the buttons and rivets, but has no rivets on back pockets or crotch. Thin redline selvage.

The fit is pretty rad -- sits fairly high but slim at the waist, snug on the thighs, and just a little looser below the knee.

Anyway -- any info y'all can pitch in would be appreciated. I think these'll be a new everyday jean... with, of course, some love still being given to my worn-in No.2's, and the newish giant gold diacock pair :)

Got my no. 1 2000s in the mail from Ah Long last week.

Tagged 34x35. Hemmed and soaked (prior to my purchase) to 31x31.5.

IMG_1582.jpg

Can anyone tell me what the red tab says? I'd assumed it would just say "Evisu" in English.

IMG_1583.jpg

Hand-painted "Tokyo Blue" kamome. Long was cool enough to send me some pics he took of the guy at the Evisu store painting them on.

IMG_1584.jpg

I didn't know they had hidden rivets. I haven't worn a pair of jeans with them in a while, and they're already fading through a little.

IMG_1586.jpg

I thought the selvedge on these was interesting. It seems to be black with a silver id line. It's not the "traditional" look you get with most jeans. It reminds me of the green selvedge you find on natural indigo Sugar Canes.

IMG_1590.jpg

Of course, thoughts and prayers to the Japanese. I just heard that a fourth reactor blew.

IMG_1585.jpg

No fit pics, but I'm pleased with these. They fit the way I thought my D+D 1210s were going to fit. They measured 31 inches in the waist, which was too tight for comfort, but after a few hours wearing them around the house, they've stretched out to 32 and are much more comfortable. The short inseam doesn't work well with low top sneakers, but I think they look great with high tops.

The pockets are deeper than I expected, which isn't a bad thing. And the coin pocket! I vaguely recall Kiya advertising a few of the jeans he stocks as having a shank or knife pocket, but no joke, I can actually get my entire pocket knife in the coin pocket on these. I think the blue kamome look really nice in person. The texture of the denim comes through the paint (ink?), and contrary to what you see on the Puma Evisus you see at the mall, they're neither loud nor obnoxious, and the back pockets seem to be of a normal size.

After giving them a short, cold wash, the denim got pretty hairy. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing it's in the 14 oz. range?

I think they're going to wear great, but not for a while. I'm wearing my D+Ds until July.