Evisu is still loved!

benzak

congratz! I know that feeling :)

but damn..how do you do it? how many time do you spend searching for such beauties

About once a fortnight or less, these days :D

The seller's pics had the tag covering the brown box itself, but the BiN was only £40 so I didn't bother asking for more pics...

Are they the ones that are based on a wrangler cut?

Yeah, the Wrangler 'repros'. Same broken twill denim as the mizuhiki jeans but they seem to have used a darker dye for the brown box denim...

that jacket is slowly growing on me. but not miy size. does anybody know if Evisu still making those?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Evis-Yamane-Deluxe-Vintage-Selvedge-Jacket-Evisu-92-/280626290558?pt=Men_s_Clothes&hash=item4156a15f7e

That's been listed on there for some time now, longer than my FOB Factory jacket haha :D - think he was asking £450 or something similar at first.

The jacket was discussed on here some time go, and both Paulo and I thought that it wasn't as vintage as the seller may have thought.

Certainly, you can find similarly-branded Yamane Deluxe jeans on Rakuten, and there may well be jackets there, too.

There was a 'Yamane Deluxe' jean produced by Evis back in the day, but I don't think Evis produced anything else by that name at the time...

x-post from evolution

MIJ lot 2000 no2 hand paint. Purchased them in Nov 2009 so about 1 year 4 mos ish. Wore them as close to every day as possible, lots of biking last summer. They're going in for repairs #3: belt loop, torn pocket bag, finally going to have those holes patched in the back pocket, two new crotch tears. Washed about every 4-6 weeks, maybe once or twice every two if they got really dirty. I work a desk job so unfortunately they don't get trashed as much as maybe some other users who work in construction :)

The silver background is MUCH closer in terms of color and contrast, but it was so windy on my roof I had to shoot where the black paint is. I can do better ones upon request.

Plan to wear these for maybe another 6 months and then semi-retire them.

5458279759_d347dacbfe.jpg

5458888186_f0635d5195.jpg

5458890608_118541efd9.jpg

5458891834_c87484ae3f.jpg

5458893798_2e529ce790.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

giving some Evisu love

really sad that these are too small for me. I think i would need a 38 in the No. 1 specials. Is anyone here interested in some 2000 #1's 35x35? I can't say i'll ever be back to a size 33, and if i did make it back it might not be for long...

so now I'm thinking of going for some #2 denim. But, even though #2 denim says it will shrink a little, have you #2 owners found it stretches back out to tagged size with normal wear? I mean does it even shrink enough to warrant a hot soak or could I just wear them without soaking them? I'm thinking of going true to size on a pair of 2000 #2's. The measurements look like they run a bit bigger than tagged size...

also, if anyone has proxied from the evisu.jp site, I'm a little confused on the painting options.

Picture1.jpg

i would like hand painted black, but there are three options and I don't want to choose the wrong one and end up with the silkscreened gulls.

thanks in advance for any light you guys can shed.

The translation is incorrect. If you choose the second option, ”ブラック” in the original Japanese. It should say カモメブラック, which means "Kamome Black"

Forgot to add Kamome means seagull. So if you see カモメ and a color next it, you're on the right track.

But I agree, you should get a proxy to help you out.

I think alot of us use Sutocorp and have bought off the website. Off memory I asked suto to just ask the website for hand painted gulls. Not sure if theres an option or not. You just choose the colour you want and then ask for hand painted.

As for the No.2's I personally would hotsoak before hand. Inseam might come in an inch or so and everywhere else just a little.

Alright, first off evisu is pretty common with fakes, so I highly recommend not buying from a dude with feedback from only buying stuff.

Second, just read the listing...

"I bought this item for my wife, but the size is not her. so, i sell it."

Link. But, you can take your chances with them being fake, or just not receiving them.