What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

1st thing. The GF has mad style.

2nd thing. Your Eternals look dope.

3rd thing. Torpedo is a ++++ win beer.

That's all for Farhad

And lately I've been thinking I need to hit up SoCal, Toronto, and NYC to kick it with some of ya'll Farhad, lowrider, the rest of the Cali / Bay Area crew. riff, EDIT: ANNABELLE TOO...:)and the many Toronto natives around here, and check in with Lando, Vinneus, and maybe the TV Shooter can come kick it in the big apple...who knows!

And Ranon, DKATZ, paul, chambo, B-F, Beatle, Doc, (anybody I'm forgetting, there are many of you) and the lovely almostnice of course, I'm not forgetting you. I just need to spend more money at SE and BiG on my rewards card and rack up those international miles so I can spend time in europe (and Singapore).

Cheers everybody. You should all start saving for the next year superparty and we can all get drunk together in SF...better yet. Let's take a denim week off from work and all meet in Japan.

ahem, i don't know what you're talking about???? ;)

and I can't wait to get back to MPLS so that I can soak and wear my Eternals...

and thank YOU for the official non-creeper status...:D

speaking of creepers. any of you with little ones (riff, anmostnice, etc.) ever had to deal with creepy people at the playground?? I had to get on a guy yesterday at the park cuz he sat in his car for the entire time we were there, and the second my daughter walked over near his car with our dog, he immediately got out and started talking to her......there was also a coat that was sitting on the ground in front of his car (for the entire time also) and he made a point of bringing it over to her and asking if it belonged to her. I let him know he wasn't welcome around me or my kid, and then we promptly moved to the other side of the park.

maybe it was my superdad spider sense that was going off, but damn that guy gave me the creeps...I was in reaction mode ready to start some shit at the drop of a hat...maybe I was over reacting.??

you weren't overreacting at all man, that has creep written all over it.. what was his reaction like after you confronted him?

he acted like i was being an ass, like "man I was just saying what a pretty dog she had", "I didn't know if it was her coat, it was sitting here for a while " (that really got me cuz he was there for a while, he knew we walked in from the other side of the park and had not even been over by him until that point, so how in the fuck could it have possibly been her coat!) the he "whatever'd" me, and walked back to his car...but didn't leave... I never saw him with any of the other kids at the park either. I had my camera with me and I was gonna discretely snap shots of him and his license plate and call the police (maybe he's a registered offender??) just to let them know there was a creepy guy at the park, but I couldn't get all stealth trying to handle a kid and a dog at the same time. so we just left...feel like I should have done something though, for the sake of everyone who uses that park...

That's all for Farhad

And lately I've been thinking I need to hit up SoCal, Toronto, and NYC to kick it with some of ya'll Farhad, lowrider, the rest of the Cali / Bay Area crew. riff, EDIT: ANNABELLE TOO...:)and the many Toronto natives around here, and check in with Lando, Vinneus, and maybe the TV Shooter can come kick it in the big apple...who knows!

And Ranon, DKATZ, paul, chambo, B-F, Beatle, Doc, (anybody I'm forgetting, there are many of you) and the lovely almostnice of course, I'm not forgetting you. I just need to spend more money at SE and BiG on my rewards card and rack up those international miles so I can spend time in europe (and Singapore).

Cheers everybody. You should all start saving for the next year superparty and we can all get drunk together in SF...better yet. Let's take a denim week off from work and all meet in Japan.

Z- anytime brotha. beer, single malts, denim, photography, and you're a nice guy. $hite that's more than enough for me. thanks for the compliments as well.

I would love to meet all the people that you mentioned, and Roy6 and Paul T and I'm sure I'm forgetting some others here.

and yes annabelle too but not in a creepy way ;)

We need a worldwide SUFU GTG !!! that would be sick :cool:

he acted like i was being an ass, like "man I was just saying what a pretty dog she had"...

man that is fucking messed.. do you remember his license plate? if so you should contact local police just as a precaution because you know, not all parents keep an eye on their children at all times.. damn pedo's are sneaky fellows, i would've probably lost it because i fucking hate people who lie when it's so obvious.. my uncle actually had an encounter with a stranger similar to yours, but it was just some dude walking with a toy trying to lure kids.. it was freaky because he told my family a few years ago that the man was actually arrested for sexual assault or w.e a few weeks after their encounter

but.. thank god they and you guys are okay :D

that's one huge emoticon!...lol. I tend to use my height and size to my advantage when I need to...(everybody remember the infamous "face evo??" as beatle dubbed it...haha)

aleopold...you're still in school right?? working on photojournalism stuff at Oregon for your major?? or just as extracurricular? just guessing please correct me if I'm wrong. :confused:

I really wish I had found that I was so into photography while I was still in school. not even for anything other than being able to work on the school paper, website, etc. doing what I love. Very good editorial of the food truck (i'm sure the missing shot of the owner / chef is there, just not posted to sufu...) we're just starting to get some good one's here in MPLS, but they're on hiatus until it warms up next year...

man that is fucking messed.. do you remember his license plate? if so you should contact local police just as a precaution because you know, not all parents keep an eye on their children at all times.. damn pedo's are sneaky fellows, i would've probably lost it because i fucking hate people who lie when it's so obvious.. my uncle actually had an encounter with a stranger similar to yours, but it was just some dude walking with a toy trying to lure kids.. it was freaky because he told my family a few years ago that the man was actually arrested for sexual assault or w.e a few weeks after their encounter

but.. thank god they and you guys are okay :D

Simone and I appreciate the sentiments! :D

I don't unfortunately, have his license. looking back I guess I'm just glad that I notice stuff like that in the first place, I've never had to react like that to anybody involving my kid, and I'm glad that I have enough natural awarness as a parent (or a good creep-o-meter) to detect shit heads like that...I agree completely about other parent's not noticing, and that's scary...

i totally remember your face evo! you can never overreact or be too careful when it concerns your baby girl. it's a scary world out there. i've had real life stalkers and it's crazy creepy. which is why i blur my face in my pics. well that, and my first positive rep on sufu was: "edmond is gonna LITERALLY bust a nut to this picture. welcome to the future."

ok i'll add you to my list, farhad.

i felt really bad for my uncle because he was extremely careful with his kids after, but yeah man, keep it up, be as defensive and alert as you can.. the world we live in is messed up, $300 jeans.. wtf? lol

real life stalkers eh annabelle? i see you're from toronto.. haha i'm jk, that's pretty scary, what was the situation like? damn.. we are clogging up this thread lol!

i felt really bad for my uncle because he was extremely careful with his kids after, but yeah man, keep it up, be as defensive and alert as you can.. the world we live in is messed up, $300 jeans.. wtf? lol

real life stalkers eh annabelle? i see you're from toronto.. haha i'm jk, that's pretty scary, what was the situation like? damn.. we are clogging up this thread lol!

I thought I had a stalker once. It turns out she was my neighbor.

I guess I can post pics pertaining to the day in question to get us back on track...

Been letting Simone walk the dog while we've been at the grandparent's home this week. She loves it. and Hogan the 12 yr. old collie is about as big as Simone, which makes it a hilarious tug of war!

5082364961_ff17c30ff1_z.jpg

She was obviously very apprehensive about playing with all of the ruffian Iowa kids on the playground, spoiled city girl...oh, and we had a relative that lives in Vancouver buy her this flannel from the Olympics shop last winter. She hates wearing it, but I love it so I stick her in it sometimes...

5082365397_6034f8f763_z.jpg

then some night time stuff with my dad, who just got a new lens and was all excited to go shoot at night (he bought his first prime lens today, Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G) gave me an opportunity to shoot film, i've got the ISO set to 1600 on the Pentax, so I can't really use it during the day...

These are all from my Canon, still have a few shots left in roll #2.

At the hospital for Breast Cancer Awareness

5082366793_9d364c2ccd_z.jpg

5082962098_83e341f7d8_z.jpg

5082962846_6fe879568a_z.jpg

5082964482_5d6f648c1e_z.jpg

5082370937_a8952e8246_z.jpg

5082372797_a561f1077c_z.jpg

5082374023_8f59541811_z.jpg

5082969622_492cb98f42_z.jpg

The obligatory WAYWT is sitting over in the appropriate (denim version) thread....

^This...

Something needs to be organized/coordinated where at least 30 of us can get together for a huge party...

that's one huge emoticon!...lol. I tend to use my height and size to my advantage when I need to...(everybody remember the infamous "face evo??" as beatle dubbed it...haha)

aleopold...you're still in school right?? working on photojournalism stuff at Oregon for your major?? or just as extracurricular? just guessing please correct me if I'm wrong. :confused:

I really wish I had found that I was so into photography while I was still in school. not even for anything other than being able to work on the school paper, website, etc. doing what I love. Very good editorial of the food truck (i'm sure the missing shot of the owner / chef is there, just not posted to sufu...) we're just starting to get some good one's here in MPLS, but they're on hiatus until it warms up next year...

i'm actually at portland state, and am still not sure what my degree will be in yet. i am just taking classes, and trying to see what catches my interest most. i've only taken one photo class, and that was photo 1 in high school. i have taken classes before that make me dread doing the activity, studying the subject, etc. after and i didn't want that to happen with photo. sooo, i've resorted to shooting for my school newspaper, from which i just quit (it was sad to quit, but i needed to as i was stressing myself out way too much this term).

there is one photo of a girl that works in the bus in the set, but neither of the owners were present for the shoot. though, they did authorize her to comp my french dip :D

ps. -z-, if you're ever hittin' the west coast, you gotta make sure to come up to portland and kick it with mikey and myself. c'mon son!

edit: i agree with everything in aho's post.. i will start saving now, and of course, sell my left pinky toe for moneys to get to the land of denim.

hey -z-, great pictures! im glad you made the trip to go visit the parents because you sure churned out some nice pictures! love them (the pictures).

bummer you had to meet a creepy guy like that and its good you actually spotted it first. i dont think theres such as thing as over-reacting when it come to kids. its just better to be safe than to be sorry.

and damn sufu meet up! i have a list of people already who i want to meet. exchange stories and all. damn it will be funny if we manage to pull it off.

dakatz, i will get back at you with food images (i think!). dont be too smug (although i think i will be getting my ass kicked when you head back to the land of your tasty food). hmmmmm.

Today, as Farhad has said, I tried to see. I'm not much of a photographer, either in skill or temperament, but the consistently great stuff here has inspired me to try a bit. Anyway, here goes:

Everyone loves Texas cotton, right? Well, most of the cotton is grown out in west Texas, but there are still some fields around here in the south and east portions of the state. It's the end of the season, so it's being harvested.

036.jpg

And a closeup of a cotton boll:

034.jpg

Sometimes, after it's been baled, you can see tons of it (literally) sitting by the side of the highway to be trucked off for processing. When it does get sent off, bits of cotton blow off the bales and end up along the road, caught in the grass and whatnot. Oddly, this reminds me of my childhood in North Carolina. Not entirely sure why, but it does...

005.jpg

A few years back, Texas's governor decided that the state needed a massive new highway/railroad from Mexico to the Oklahoma border, to more effectively move freight. It was called the Trans Texas Corridor and it died, for a variety of reasons. Before it did so, however, the state put up signs announcing the TTC by its official interstate designation. These signs never fail to make the 12 year old boy in me laugh:

010.jpg

Heh, heh- 69:)

While I was wandering the side of the road, I found an old sign. I just like this shot, for some reason.

022.jpg

Anyway, that was my day. It's not as exotic as dkatz's stuff, or as beautiful as riff's vacation, nor does it have amazing food, as ranon's posts typically do, and it certainly isn't as artistic as z, farhad, lowrider and the rest, but I hope you enjoyed it despite those shortcomings.

That's all for Farhad

Z, sorry about your hassles. Disturbing.

Funnily enough when I was interviewing people for my Bowie book, they were saying how, as 8 year olds, they would disappear all day, with no worries about predatory behaviour. THey said the difference then was no one had cars - there might be a weirdo in the neighborhood but you know who and where they are.

I've never had that, but I have had the opposite. In a market on a sunny Sunday morning, Curtis, at 7 or 8, playing a with a baby and making it gurgle and giggle, then bending down to kiss it... and the mum pulled him off. Why? "I though he was going to bite him" Weird, what kind of psycho-vampire 7 yr olds does she think are lurking in London?

I lvoe this thread, it's like a shot of gossip along with the espresso before I hit the word processor in the morning. But much as I like Farhad's photos the sight of all that beer is making my head hurt. Hangover.

Guest I LOVE LFC
speaking of creepers. any of you with little ones (riff, anmostnice, etc.) ever had to deal with creepy people at the playground?? I had to get on a guy yesterday at the park cuz he sat in his car for the entire time we were there, and the second my daughter walked over near his car with our dog, he immediately got out and started talking to her......there was also a coat that was sitting on the ground in front of his car (for the entire time also) and he made a point of bringing it over to her and asking if it belonged to her. I let him know he wasn't welcome around me or my kid, and then we promptly moved to the other side of the park.

maybe it was my superdad spider sense that was going off, but damn that guy gave me the creeps...I was in reaction mode ready to start some shit at the drop of a hat...maybe I was over reacting.??

I know what you mean man. We live in an ok area, but as soon as you leave our street its pretty much wierdo central! Always have dirty old men trying to stop us to give Shi money, it just doesn't happen, I don't lether near anyone I have the slightest suspicion of.

If anything you were too polite to that freak. It would have been a " just get the fuck away from my daughter and piss off!".

Thing is man, if they are actually perverts and you don't say anything, and something happened you would be pissed off with yourself. So to me, there's no harm in offending someone (if they aren't a perv like) to protect your child, especially if you're never going to see that person again.

A bit long winded, but I hope you know what I mean.

Wow. I am a bit speechless.

I want to thank you guys for all the really kind words. I didn't mean to make it sound so sad - it was actually a good feeling for us that day.

Beatle - big hug right back at you (^_^).

Dkatz - thanks for picking up on the symbolism! :) And awesome post - we are so insulated in our "developed" countries that we can't fathom what the third world is really like - and how violence (& its legacy) is so pervasive.

Annabelle - sweet post on Japan. In all my visits, I've never seen a sumo match - will have to make it a priority next time!

Farhad - yes & yes. And dammit, I am really sorry now, that I sat out on the Eternal contest!!!

Aleopold - nice stuff! Mmmm - time to grab a bite before hitting the office!

-Z-…. Supermeetup!!! Fantastic shots my friend! And yes - creeps abound. I have similar tales, and I remember Stunt posting up about it too. You did not over-react… And yeah - I blatantly took a photo of a guy like that. Needless to say he left in a hurry….

Houston Chris - you may not have autumn colors near you - but wow! Stunning!

Happy Birthday I LOVE LFC! Oh to be 25 again…..

And now….. The long weekend continued… The final chapter! Last one - I promise!!!

Monday

Well, today was the trip back home. Again, we planned for a leisurely ride….

Bye, bye Laurentians….

a9413e6e.jpg

Hitting the road

eec36386.jpg

We detoured off Highway 401 to drive along the 1000 Islands Parkway. It's worth doing, if you're in the area - a very scenic route, with lots of little roadside spots to stop & take in the sights!

404de567.jpg

42ff48dd.jpg

29eb7bf8.jpg

Then it was back to the 401, joining the rest of the holiday travellers heading home. A couple of hours east of the GTA, we stopped for refreshments, and I handed over the wheel.

What Canadian road-trip would be complete without Timmies?!

88bd3dea.jpg

Reception seemed to be patchy, but I got caught up on my email - and a few other things! ;)

0ad40ebf.jpg

Almost home….

352655ec.jpg

It was a very memorable trip… Thank you my sufu friends for putting up with the volume & letting me share with you!