What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

^Great looking food/fit/jawns, Ranon! Did you recently receive those Burgus in the mail, or are they the world-tour pair?

oh shit i forgot to tell you they have been received!

those in the picture are the world tour pair and they are in singapore right now. the ones i bought off you are with my girlfriend in sydney, i'll probably only see them in another month or so when she comes back! nevertheless, thanks for the pickup man! it was a great deal at a great price!

Went to a pumpkin patch / farm today. they had stuff for the kids to do, slides, rides, animals, you could "mine" for your own gemstones, a duck race, a pig race, and a freakin' crazy 10 acre cornfield maze. (plus a kids maze, which wasn't enough for my little girl, she demanded to also brave the big maze, which took us an hour to navigate). We picked up some pumpkins and some home made sweets at the end of the day, it was a great way to end our little trip home, heading back to the Twin Cities tomorrow and look out. my Eternals are beginning ASAP when I get home!

Pics from today...

5087470381_a56d09a3ab_z.jpg

5087469383_184b18b229_z.jpg

They had a really cool assortment of animals which Simone got to feed. She really liked this pig for some reason..

5087471039_a40bf30739_z.jpg

5088069794_c89e05af6e_z.jpg

5088070348_d7b8ecaba4_z.jpg

I love this crop. the face of that duck looks like "OH SHIT! MAKE IT STOP!"

5088069288_e9d320d957_z.jpg

pumpkin launching cannon. this big guy launched pumpkins all the way out of the farm, way out into the fields behind. they're releasing the pressure after shooting in this shot.

5088071034_0bfb79eaf8_z.jpg

beautiful part of the countryside.

5087474751_82f790a26b_z.jpg

Simone led the way through the maze...

5087478099_2ed42c01a4_z.jpg

WAYYYYYY out in the fields of the corn maze. this things was crazy. if we didn't use the map they provide we would have been wandering for hours. you can't see shit else and you have no possible way to orient yourself!

5087481107_bc68bd88f2_z.jpg

just figured i'd post the map from the maze to give you an idea of how crazy this thing is!

5088079168_332d868e7f_z.jpg

and some good ole' workwear bib overalls on a fake pumpkin man sitting on a bench. went to this company website, I might pick up a hickory stripe workshirt from them for only $23.75. seems like a no brainer. they also have flannel lined duck pants for like $45 bucks...

5088080048_b5751cc13a_z.jpg

way cool. i've never seen anything like this before and that maze is madness. i think i would possibly break down in a maze like this getting caught in it for an hour, start losing my patience and yell at everyone who decided to pull me into it. haha. pumpkin launching canon is real cool!

yea, I haven't done one at this farm since I was in high school, and they are different designs every year. if you look at the map and can imagine that standing in one of those letters (which are part of the maze, not just a logo!!!!!) they are so big that you really can't tell that it is a letter at all, it just looks like a big open "room" in the corn. that long line under the word fireball was probably a quarter mile long...:eek:

Great pics as always, Z. Outta rep. I seriously want your camera.

Out of interest, what setup do you use?

I shoot a Canon 500D (T1i) with either a 20mm f/2.8 or a 50mm f/1.4 and everything that I've processed this week was just using Lightroom, no photoshop at all. In fact I never owned PS until now, just got CS5 and I'm fucking excited!

just added a film camera as well which i am way excited about too :D

but looking at riff's pictures of late I'm really in need of a Canon 10-22 or Tokina 11-16mm superwide angle for those landscape shots...they're just so much more dramatic than my 20mm can capture on 1.6x

oh, for anybody who does or did shoot film in here. FUCK ME Fujichrome Velvia is expensive! $17.99 for 1 roll of film! it had better be worth it. we'll see...

haha, did you purchase the velvia 100, 200 or 400? processing E6 in my country is really hard to find and even if they do, its expensive. have you got photolabs that can do E6 in your neighbourhood? the colours are breathtaking on those slides though.

the 100. wanted 50 but that stuff is impossible to find. (discontinued?)

and yea, there are 4 or 5 shops which still process it around me which is good!

ranon your posts make me miss singapore! especially those cheap rice meals yum

z, simone is so cute, especially in that canada shirt! a lil biased i must say~

andddd this post is for beatle and farmer and all you dog lovers. my brother and his wife asked me to come help them pick out a puppy from their breeder so that's what my jeans and i did today.

havanese pups!

pups1.jpg

this one liked my sis in law

pups2.jpg

this one loved my jeans... he kept scratching and sniffing out my dog's scent

pups3.jpg

pups with their mom and dad

pups4.jpg

chewing on my laces

pups5.jpg

this is the only girl in the litter and it's the one they chose~

pups6.jpg

and she still doesn't have a name. any suggestions? mochi and basil seem to be favs so far...

^yo those are some really cute pups!

I've enjoyed playing with my old boy this week, sadly i'm not sure how many more time's i'll be able to see him before he moves on...

but I have found that just having an animal in the house makes a 3 year old so much easier to deal with...she gravitates toward him and it frees me up in the evenings to clean up / get other stuff done! might be making a push to get a dog in the home sometime soon...?

oh, annabelle...i've been meaning to get back to you on your pbj slims...have you sold them yet? i'm not sure if -H- can fit a 0...could you measure the waist for me? she might need a 1...not sure.

zissou, I'm not sure if it's because i'm taking those pics in the context of your last post...but they are incredibly poignant to me. the first pic and just the overall tone (lack of any color cast) in all of them makes them so crisp and "free". really glad I saw those before I went to bed :D

yes, get a dog!

i haven't sold them yet...not many people are as little as i. or as little as i used to be. the waist is 29. i have a size 2 too if she wants em baggy. these are the ones i picked up in japan and only wore them 3 times. don't ask why i sized up two. i was full and bloated that day lol. my purple faces are a 1 though and they're pretty perfect. lemme know, i'm not lookin to make too much off of em. it's just sad that they're just sitting in that pbj bag in my closet!

i will do some tape measuring when i get home tomorrow evening and see what her jeans measure at. and i'll get back at you...

our badass roy6 at comicon? im surprised! its pretty cool though, i always heard about it but never really been to one. today i have finally "been" there. looking good aceman.

I LOVE LFC you sound like you're having a blast on your birthday. pics soon yeah!

x-post from the burgus world tour thread

heres a really quick update for today, nursing a cold but had to go to work anyway but still wanted to put something up because its the only 2 days i make posts on this thread! love this thread!

R1002072.jpg

so today my mom made lunch as she does every sunday. today she made pineapple fried rice which is admitedly one of my favourite of her dishes. something really simple as well since the family doesnt place much emphasis on having amazing lunches but just as good. really quick to whip up with pineapple cubes, rice and cashew nuts. i love the combination and colour and of course the taste. everybody should try this at home sometime!

R1002074.jpg

after that i had to get to work. weather has been hot and cold lately but mostly humid. this morning we had a heavy downpour but when i left home it was blazing hot. heres what i noticed when i was crossing the road to get to the bus stop.

R1002077.jpg

dont see it in the picture above this one? well, we have our cool friends rocking cool and fake evisu and lee denim! rocking it! thing is that in singapore, a large number of evisu wearers actually purchase fakes. not that everyone does or not that i do, but come on this is southeast asia!

R1002078.jpg

waited forever for the bus to arrive today, usually they're pretty on schedule and its a 15 minute wait between rides but today i had to wait 25 minutes. yes, i have a penchant of complaining. haha.

R1002079.jpg

got a denim shot while on the ride to work. indigo is the shitttt.

R1002080.jpg

got off at my transiting stop which is right in the heart of chinatown. singapore's chinatown is really pretty huge and theres a lot of activity going on which i would love to show and definitely a lot of good and cheap food. i cant show you guys what there is today but in near future when i get the chance i definitely will! full of hidden gems.

R1002092.jpg

got to work and had to straighten up some of the stuff in the shop since they were displaced the night before since i was in a rush to leave.

R1002093.jpg

this is the denim bag that we sell which i posted a while back. colour rubs off though so im a little wary of using mine. spent the day serving customers and doing this:

R1002095.jpg

gave me some inspiration and a chance to while away a bit of my time when the shop was empty instead of trawling supermarket the whole time. haha.

R1002081.jpg

this is my stash of leather goods i brought along with me today. triangle coin pouch made by chris_n was the first item i ever bought on superfuture, so it has some memories. funny how i thought about how weird it was to pay upfront and wait for someone halfway round the world to send the item to me based on trust. so far everything has been great though, no bad deals or scammers. fingers crossed! also there is the keyhook zissou made me, which is really holding up so well i wouldnt hesitate to replace it with another one he made if it ever fell apart. of course there was also my corter camera pouch i got customed for my camera since the generic pouches that ricoh makes were pretty ugly. if you want you can check out some more detailed shots here.

today was a really short day at work and i ended at 7pm thankfully so it was off home after work! no frolicking around and stuff, not today with the cold!

R1002097.jpg

view from the lift landing on the 9th floor from where i live.

R1002098.jpg

made my way down to my floor and met some neighbours who thought i was a little weird, taking pictures of the signage and the view from the lift landing. i think they might suspect im some creep.

R1002099.jpg

home sweet home! time for me to hit the sack tonight. i'll try to update midweek or something again!

R1002089.jpg

oh yeah and of course here is a WDYWT pic. shirt is tight from food. time to exercise soon. haha.

stay safe superhomies!

Great shots roy and ranon.

The jeans got woken early on Saturday to hit up the local markets. The location for these markets is an old carriage works next to Redfern train station. Pretty awesome industrial aesthetic filled with all manner of organic produce.

img3661c.jpg

The girlfriend bought some native flowers.

img3659c.jpg

I wanted to buy MEAT. I keep eyeing off the sausage/preserved meat stand but haven't given in yet. Next time... next time.

img3660f.jpg

I did get a delicious bacon+egg+relish breakfast roll.

img3658v.jpg

And saw this really cute stencil on the way out.

img3655z.jpg

The girlfriend wanted to go buy some shoes so I decided to join her for some unfettered consumerism. We live about a 10 min bus ride from the middle of the CBD, yet I haven't been into the city centre for a few weeks. Town Hall is the closer sandstone building, just past it is the Queen Victoria Building (far sandstone building on left) and The Galleries Victoria (opposite). TGV has a bunch of good stores (Incu, SP1, Graniph, Kinokuniya, JB Hi-Fi, Ichiban Boshi ramen house). I made a bee-line for Kinokuniya and grabbed a few Japanese magazines I hadn't seen yet.

img3667b.jpg

img3683p.jpg

Headed back home and then swung by Dan Murphy's liquor to grab supplies. Wine and spirits are overabundant at our place but the weather is warming up and some seasonal beers were in order (inspired by some of the recent beer posts in this thread), and a few random apple/pear ciders for guests who don't drink beer.

img3671q.jpg

Then went to Campos coffee store, arguably the best coffee in Sydney, to buy some beans and read over a piccolo latte.

img3688n.jpg

Went to dinner at a friends place and got so fucked up I have no recollection of the latter half of the night. Woke up in so much pain today with a chunk of hair missing from the back of my head. Had barely enough strength to eat some painkillers and these;

img3646t.jpg

Watched some shitty, shitty films and then my parents called because they had a spare ticket to this. Was a lot better than I expected. Followed by some wine and canapes at The Westin afterwards.

jerseyboysposter1.jpg

Went straight from the Royal Theatre to Oxford Art Factory to check out Sage Francis on his Li(f)e tour. Pretty awesome intimate gig. Here he is donning his bad wig which he introduced with hilarity early on in the show, and then wore for the encore.

photodn.jpg

hey, way cool Baeyer! dont see you doing WAYJDT posts and i think you should do more of them. haha. must spread but will definitely return to rep you man.

i didnt know there was a place like this near redfern station. i used to walk the way down to taylor's college with her when i was in sydney in february but i didnt catch sight of a huge open space like this around redfern area. if theres one thing i love about sydney, its the food! that breakfast roll looks simple but i'll bet its really really tasty. thats whats deceptive about the food in sydney. and that stencil i got a picture of it when i came to sydney in february this year. haha, i wonder if its the same guy.

F1040016.jpg

anyway, great post!

time to fire up those salivary glands. went to a couple spots this morning to shoot for the vanguard's dining guide.

fat city cafe

5089327441_ff6090e956_z.jpg

5089926318_0e718fa472_z.jpg

5089927474_8105a95e46_z.jpg

5089928778_04a64cd705_z.jpg

5089930154_7f102d66e2_z.jpg

5089932724_3d07aba0e2_z.jpg

5089335133_d1044dc762_z.jpg

grand central baking company

5090012590_eba017a6d5_z.jpg

5090013564_2c87f34ed6_z.jpg

5090015700_a6ae185b7a_z.jpg

grand central bakery continued..

5089422961_b4617255ab_z.jpg

5090023142_500a43973c_z.jpg

5090024182_674a73c56c_z.jpg

5090027252_afe5c6e24d_z.jpg

5090028884_e54f9762f9_z.jpg

i'm sure there'll be more to come from today.. i'm planning on going to a pumpkin patch with my mom and sister, and will be shooting two more restaurants for the dining guide later tonight.