Make Something Cool Everyday

billy.

Mark, not only is that image intense but i imagine it being a really good record cover from the early 80's for some krautrock or electro band.

new homepage image: no friends for us

then playing around with borders for a friend whose opening his home library to the public (this is just some sample data) that looks okay but has really stupid css: books

Question for the second one: is there an easier way to get those 'multiple' borders in CSS without nesting like three or four 'extra' boxes?

also - does anyone have any experience with subdomains? we wanted to set it up at something like library.nofriendsfor.us or something - i'm assuming the subdomain is actually just linked to an html document off the main domain i.e. nofriendsfor.us/library.html?

is there going to be any links on there? image is way too big, I can't see it, read it or scroll around it, which isn't a problem if its deliberate, but I also can't navigate past it.

it's not for navigating or anything it's just playing around with design elements / css i was messing around with z-index / layering i'm probably going to keep layering more stuff on it every day or so until it just becomes intolerable

it's not for navigating or anything it's just playing around with design elements / css i was messing around with z-index / layering i'm probably going to keep layering more stuff on it every day or so until it just becomes intolerable

it would be sick if the text's leading would correspond to the window size so if you had a small window the text would just collide. Just a thought, because then you could see all the text but it would still be post modern

You can do this with just one div + ul for each panel. Sample code here.

That makes a lot of sense. As always, much appreciated analog!

umad: i might even just change it to the 'no' i mainly placed it there because i liked the way it interacted with the face in the photo but i kept it because of the way that the n and d disappear into the photo.

also - does anyone have any experience with subdomains? we wanted to set it up at something like library.nofriendsfor.us or something - i'm assuming the subdomain is actually just linked to an html document off the main domain i.e. nofriendsfor.us/library.html?

subdomains are linked to folders on your server. for example, "library.nofriendsfor.us" should lead to "nofriendsfor.us/library/".

realnessf.jpg

I make real simple posters in paint and this one is for the last event I'll be DJing before I move outta Chicago. It's the first of my new night that will be happening in Chicago and Los Angeles once I establish myself.

My girlfriend will touch this raw one up (change fonts) and print it at work today and my best friend is a really good graphics guy who makes my internet flyers. I'll post it up when it arrives and love seeing what you guys come up with!