Make Something Cool Everyday

billy.

i gotcha. i guess i just can't wrap my head around how to have different divs each with their own separate backend entry area.

for instance, i'm working on a site for a BMW dealer. 4 divs.. featured car, facts, cars, parts... each div would have content that the client would be changing pretty often. how's that hook up?

rough, but the general idea

2d1sgfd.png

I'm sort of self (and random-internet-searches) taught in css so my code may be redundant or just not smooth but in the end seems to look how I want

so off top

h1 {

font-size: 18px;

margin-bottom: 12px;

}

#wrapper {

width: 945px;

padding: 48px 15px 0px 0px;

margin-left: 100px;

}

#post {

float: left;

width: 450px;

margin: 0px 15px 36px 0px;

background-color: purple;

}

and thennnnn

<div id="wrapper">

<div id="post">

<h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

<?php the_content(); ?>

</div>

</div>

think this works

each section would just be a post. the "read more" feature would be used to differentiate between what's shown on the front page and whats in the real post.

<div id="wrapper">

<div id="post">

<h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

<?php the_content(); ?>

</div>

</div>

think this works

each section would just be a post. the "read more" feature would be used to differentiate between what's shown on the front page and whats in the real post.

ahhh okay. i can style and structure the page w/css, just wasn't sure how it actually linked to the cms/wp setup. making each a post would definitely work... client could upload, swap, resize images easily, and have a text overflow to let him know when he's written too much :)

is that the usual way with wp as a cms? sounds good to me, thanks mang

making pages instead of posts.

so each div is a wp page that links to more pages? sounds like an easier backend for the client, not having to find posts and edit.

@yea! you can also use the_excerpt instead of the_content for shorter blurbs that would lead into actual pages or posts.

ahh that's tight. gonna experiment in the next few weeks.

much thanks for all the help / sorry for clogging the thread.

yea!

say your client wanted an 'about us' page or something...

you can create the navigation, put it wherever you want and have it link to this page that you can create/edit with the wordpress cms

you can also use some code to create a list of all the 'pages' in your website which is a nice way to make an easy navigation ...

it's kind of hard to explain but you just have to play around and use your head

post the recipe

gaydadmilkshake.gif

Canned tomatoes

Onion

Chili

Oregano

White wine

Basil

Garlic

Salt

Pebber

Sugar

Saute the chili and garlic. Add the onions and let that have a bit. Add the tomatoes, oregano, basil and white wine and let it simmer for as long time as you have (6+ hours at least).

When almost all visible liquid is gone start tasting and add salt, sugar and pepper after taste.

Sex.