edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Buy a Quark R2 edition and get a FREE Quark Prism Kit! Add both to your cart and use the following coupon code when checking out: QUARKPRISM

Quark R2s: http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297_365

(on sale due to the introduction of the XP-G quark line)

Prism headlamp converter kit: http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_304&products_id=1973

I didn't neg the dude but I'm not exactly a fan of people being allowed to carry concealed handguns. You've all seen the way people drive -- what makes you feel so comfortable about those very same people toting around a loaded gun?

now before somebody goes all crazy against me, I was raised in a gun-owning household, have been target-shooting since I was a kid, and my dad used to run a side-business importing rifles to properly licensed buyers in Japan. I'm not saying that YOU specifically aren't competent to carry a weapon, but that I'm simply unnerved at the large percentage of people on EDCforums, and elsewhere for that matter, who carry a gun on them.

In the split-second that people have to react in an emergency self-defense situation, can there be any guarantees that they will be able to control their gunfire, even if they have been trained?

Life is too precious to entrust it en masse to the paranoid and trigger-happy ...

I definitely will give pause to the next time I'm tempted to flip the bird to somebody on the highway... :o

CARRY ON!

it is legal to carry a gun/knife whatever depending on what it is, how u carry it and where ur carrying it

i dont think it is ever legal to stick a kid up at gunpoint for his skateboard outside his house with one, however.

People that legally carry guns don't shoot people at random.

People that illegally carry guns are criminals.

It's that simple. I wrote a research paper on legally carrying a firearm, and the statistics don't show that allowing law-abiding citizens doesn't raise crime rates. People that legally carry aren't gun nuts, they're people that want to be and feel safe, and don't go randomly shooting someone because they got cut off on the highway.

Before you start bashing CCW or CPL (carrying concealed pistol, concealed pistol license) at least know the facts.

Almost all large scale shootings happen in "gun free zones" Fort Hood was another example of this. Criminals are ALWAYS going to have guns and have guns on them, so allowing law-abiding citizens to carry just levels the field.

Two great sites if you have 20 minutes, if nothing else to know your state laws.

http://www.concealedcampus.org/

http://www.carryconcealed.net/

It's that simple. I wrote a research paper on legally carrying a firearm, and the statistics don't show that allowing law-abiding citizens doesn't raise crime rates.

Word. Nations that allow gun carry, concealed or not, often have the lowest incidence of crime.

For those that own moleskines, are there any alternatives? I've been buying the cahier 3-packs for $7 for a while, but still can't justify spending $15 for a single small literal moleskine. I do like the material tho, so I might just shell out some and learn to mod it.

uh... the last gun thread didn't fare too well but...

:rolleyes:

you are right, I go to http://www.defensivecarry.com/ when I want to talk about firearms. Simply wanted to take part in this thread.

And for those who question why I need to carry a firearm everyday? I do commercial real estate / property management in Downtown Houston, TX.

3rd Ward, 5th Ward........I can go on and on.

are there any working/active coupon codes for 4sevens.com?..or are there any other similar sites that are running sales on pocket high powered led flashlights?

also, what is the best place to buy an ironkey flash drive. i think i want the 16gb personal. anyone have any experience with ironkeys?

thanks

are there any working/active coupon codes for 4sevens.com?..or are there any other similar sites that are running sales on pocket high powered led flashlights?

also, what is the best place to buy an ironkey flash drive. i think i want the 16gb personal. anyone have any experience with ironkeys?

thanks

cpf8 at checkout for 8% off on top of free international shipping. i will add this to the original post.

For those that own moleskines, are there any alternatives? I've been buying the cahier 3-packs for $7 for a while, but still can't justify spending $15 for a single small literal moleskine. I do like the material tho, so I might just shell out some and learn to mod it.

Thanks to the pen posters, I'll probably try to get some of these Metaphys from jetpens.com. They come in white, black, and orange

metaphys_44111-wh_1.jpg

Not cheaper than a moleskine but definitely a tacticool upgrade would be those "rite in the rain" notepads. :)

I copped a rite in rain after reading about it in Tim Hamilton's 10 essentials thing in GQ (no homo) It's a great little note book. Paper has a really unique silky/waxy feel, it's durable as hell, waterproof and the yellow color is a nice alternative to moleskines. Big fan of the spiral binding too. Paper takes ink very well and there's no smudging whatsoever in my experience.

Pretty sure my girl got me a bunch of field notes stuff for Christmas. Will post a review, though I'm not too sure how I like the staple binding on it.

i'm really stoked on companies tastefully saddle stitiching various papers in various covers, but that metaphys notebook is some hilarious bullshit right there. "designed for drawing and taking a memo on the move"? no shit? you guys are fuckin innovative! (at getting someone's $11)

^ eh metaphys isn't really a stationery company, they're more of a design team that happened to make a few office supplies.

their pencils/lead holders look pretty cool imo:

metaphys_43020-bk.jpg

btw, i'm really impressed w/ how this thread blew up over the past few days. <3 my edc buddiez

This thread is pure evil. I've gone from "hey there's a lot of people out there who carry as much junk as me on a daily basis" to "holy sh!t I just dropped a hundred bucks on flashlights at goinggear because my MiniMag is lame" in 48 hrs . . .

I've carried a small graph paper moleskin for a while -- there is so much random garbage in there but it's still essential for jotting down that thought before you forget what it was.

^ i don't see any good prices on batterywarehousedirect.. what batteries are you looking for??

The cr2, for the ezcr2s which I got as Christmas gifts before I heard about the problems you were having. They were the only lights left in stock for using the epic discount codes :)

Thanks for the help.