edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

branespload, what are your thoughts on the SS version of the eos A3? How scratch resistant are Ti versions?

Let me start by saying I don't own an EOS A3, but I've used one of my buddy's (black HAIII alu vers) and i still stand by what i've said about it. it's got good modes, it's really small and really easy to use one handed.

Re: Aluminum vs. Stainless Steel vs. Titanium

You basically have tradeoffs here:

Stainless Steel: Sturdy but heavy

Aluminum: Light but not as sturdy, however with Type III Hard Anodize it's very hard to scratch up a light

Titanium: Stronger than Al, lighter than SS (if only it were stronger than SS and lighter than Alu.. haha)

Titanium, especially polished titanium, is still rather "soft" and can scratch easily. However, because it's so soft, it can easily be polished back to its original state. I prefer the patina of scratches, it shows you carry and use your gear.

i'm not really an expert on this subject but i share what i can. hope that helps

EDIT: Oh, I did carry a stainless steel Fenix LD01, another AAA light, and while it was pretty heavy, it's not so heavy that you can't carry it on a keychain. I would avoid trying to carry it on a cable ring, though (ive had bad experiences with them unscrewing and dropping my gear to the ground). A split ring should do fine.

EDIT: Oh, I did carry a stainless steel Fenix LD01, another AAA light, and while it was pretty heavy, it's not so heavy that you can't carry it on a keychain. I would avoid trying to carry it on a cable ring, though (ive had bad experiences with them unscrewing and dropping my gear to the ground). A split ring should do fine.

Ever try blue loctite on the threads on the cable ring?

i used nail polish and it cemented it shut.. thus defeating the purpose of having the cable ring easily accessible to each component. I've killed that keychain setup anyway and now roll with a really minimal ring. :)

fuck y'all i'm startin a muji brotherhood

muji fans representtt

For all ya'll pen/stationary nerds, what're your faves so far? While I do like Muji's, I also like the new Sharpie pens, Pentel Sliccis, and Zebra Sarasas. If only the Muji's had a more complex, ergonomic barrel, I'd probably like them even more.

Knew this would happen. Too good to be true...

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order from Red Flare Emergency Supplies has been canceled.

Your credit card was not charged for this order.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on

Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on

Amazon.com.

==================================================

ORDER DETAILS

1 of Dragonfly, Foliage Green G-10 Handle, Plain

(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002GIOYX8)

So I e-mailed the company and just got a response from them...

Dear Customer,

As a result of Amazon.com software malfunction, a number of our products were erroneously listed with incorrect prices. We immediately notified Amazon of this problem, and suspended all sales until the issue is resolved.

Unfortunately, we have to cancel your order. We deeply regret any frustration or inconvenience this may have caused.

Please accept our sincerest apologies,

Respectfully,

Luis M.

Red Flare Customer Support

^Haha, knife making=serious business.

1. Has anyone ordered from batterywarehousedirect.com? Scam, or just good prices?

2. The paracord looks like fun. Out of curiosity, has anyone here ever unraveled the paracord they carry to put to use on the spot for some reason?

Still waiting for Christmas to get my Quark123 mini. Sigh.

For all ya'll pen/stationary nerds, what're your faves so far? While I do like Muji's, I also like the new Sharpie pens, Pentel Sliccis, and Zebra Sarasas. If only the Muji's had a more complex, ergonomic barrel, I'd probably like them even more.

i've yet to try the muji pens, but i do have some 0.38mm gel pens. i imagine they write similar.... maybe. going to cop a muji pen or two next time.. and slicci, to.

i like the new sharpie pens, too. i personally favor the lamy swift, morning glory mach pen II, and the energels. i'm not a big fan of ballpoint, but if i were, it'd be the cheap big ballpoint--loads of fun to draw with. i also have a kaweco rollerball converted to eyedropper, which i enjoy a lot, but it's been kind of leaking on me lately, even with sufficient ink level.

i also like fountain pens. anyone else own some fountain pens?

Walked into class, pulled out my pencils, calc, and water bottle. Failed the test, forgot the water bottle. Anyone know of any nalgene alternatives that keep the liquid super cold? Didn't do any research cause I wanted some HO's. I'm thinkin YETI coolers, but smaller..

I don't own one but one of the better looking bottles out there.

bottle_op_h650.jpg

http://www.korwater.com/product/ocean-protection

Speaking of pens, used my victorinox manager to write down information AFTER A FENDER BENDER ON THE 110N FFFFUUUUUUUUU

no need for a keychain now that I have no car to drive for the rest of my winter break FFUUUU

I also almost didn't have paper but my dad is apparently EDC cuz he had a notepad stocked in the trunk

but srsly :(((((

Knew this would happen. Too good to be true...

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order from Red Flare Emergency Supplies has been canceled.

Your credit card was not charged for this order.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on

Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on

Amazon.com.

ORDER DETAILS

1 of Dragonfly, Foliage Green G-10 Handle, Plain

(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002GIOYX8)

So I e-mailed the company and just got a response from them...

Dear Customer,

As a result of Amazon.com software malfunction, a number of our products were erroneously listed with incorrect prices. We immediately notified Amazon of this problem, and suspended all sales until the issue is resolved.

Unfortunately, we have to cancel your order. We deeply regret any frustration or inconvenience this may have caused.

Please accept our sincerest apologies,

Respectfully,

Luis M.

Red Flare Customer Support

Same here, but I couldn't say no at $20. Was handling one the other day, it's definitely the right size, for my needs at least.

this was such a crock of shit! I called you for the heads up on grabbing one right after I did and then got the same email around 3am. I sent them one hell of a nasty letter about cancelling orders because they fuct up not me. that would've been one hell of a deal though!

thought i'd also post some pics of the denim urban wallet i made. i thought it kinda sounded cool, so i cut up some old denim and made one for my bro for christmas. came out ok for my first real sewing project. it's a bit too big to use as a wallet i think, so maybe he'll just keep it in his bag or something. thoughts?

denimUW3.jpg

denimUW1.jpg

DenimUW2.jpg