edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

twistedtrees: Maybe you should try forgoing the pryrana and wedge and just keep the Prybaby in your coin pocket? It should reduce overlap and make your Atwood more accessible/your only option so you can end up using it a little bit more. you said it's the best of the bottle openers you have anyway, right? couldn't hurt to give it an opportunity to shine.

and re: muji pens idk if I mentioned it yet but I ordered 3 black and 1 orange so I'll get those in my hands sometime after the new year when school starts. ^_^

Thanks, I've actually tried this, but only while wearing my Sammurais. The coin pocket is a little shorter on those jeans than my Warehouses and it didn't fit quite right. But I should try it again seeing as I'm wearing the warehouses today.

Also, thanks for the flashlight reviews. I will definitely be picking one up after the power went out last week at 6am because it got so cold here in Chicago (like 4 degrees I think). I realized then the importance of being prepared with a flashlight. (or lack of preparedness)

^^ yo ken, I just read on jetpens that the Pentel Tradio Energel takes the standard Energel refills... apparently you need to lightly tap the body enough that the spring falls out and then it will fit.

:confused:

anyway, I just got some Pentel Slicci 0.4mm in the mail today. I'll post up my review sometime later on when Hell week (finals week) is over. So far I'm liking them alot... some buttery-smooth fine point pens

you mean standard pulaman/stylo refills, right? that sounds cool. i will have to try that sometime.

i've been hearing/reading a lot about the slicci. i will have to give these a try, too.

edit* ghost, check this out: http://moleskine.vox.com/library/post/tradio-nature-and-soft.html

supposedly there's a rollerball refill that fits... i didn't know about this!

edit again* i just did the pen mod!

jUxB7ZFO4gQ

Made a EDC vid

Chapstick - Burt's Bees

Phone - LG shine

Flashlight - Surefire E2D Executive Defender

Multitool - Leatherman Juice S2

Knife - CRKT PECK, Spyderco Assist2

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2aoR4nX5tY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2aoR4nX5tY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

img2836xz.jpg

My dog and Vizvest, I've been putting this on her because it gets dark around when I take her for walks, the vest makes her super bright.

img2821a.jpg

With flash

img2812.jpg

35percent

that shiet is COOLSIESSSS

why not carry your juice in your coinpocket? would get rid of the holster, altho i must admit that leather holster is really nice

the spyderco was a surprise. looks like an awesome tool with a specialized purpose, really really cool.

and does that surefire have a low mode? if so, do you ever use it on people to check their eyes or something? i dont think there are any LEDs that can be used for that, so i'm wondering if incans can do a good job of that without harming the eye

thanks for contributing!!

Juice is a bit too big for the coinpocket, I've actually had it in there before and it fell out twice, so now it stays in the holster.

No modes on the surefire, its about 5 years old and only has one mode. I'm ordering a nitecore ex10 r2 to put on my keychain since the E2D is a bit big for EDC.

If I need to look a patient's pupils I use a small penlight that has the pupil sizes marked on the side of it. Anything else is too bright as I don't want to blind my patients, ha.

EDC-12-09.png

Pocket dump for today - wallet. I've been waiting for well over 2 weeks for my EZAA repair and they haven't responded to my email that I sent 4 days ago. :(

I should be getting new stuff (Klipsch Image S4's, Quark AA^2 Turbo, Quark MiNi & an SOG Power Assist Multitool) within the next few weeks since my lotto scratcher check came in.

On a tangent, anyone know a good site to check out paracord patterns/braiding/tying?

didn't really want to browse the entire thread, so I'll just ask it...

anyone else feel like the maglite solitaire is a major letdown?

I feel like it's just not bright enough.

also, suggestions for an alternative are welcome, bout the same dimensions, same quality material, but better lighting...

^ the disappointment of the mag solitaire is what made me the monster i am today :(

here's a brief rundown of my flashaholism:

Saw some Supreme maglite solitaire shiet on sufu, thought, yo thats a good idea, but FCK a supreme

Copped a Mag solitaire -- the fck is this shiet?

Browsed the web for a better LED flashlight

wtf, 10 lumens!? holy shiet! (maglite was like 2 lumens max). instacopped that Fenix E01

yo wtf, Fenix makes the LD01? 80 lumens? O shi, limited edition stainless steel vers? Instacopped that Fenix LD01 Stainles Steel 80 lumenz!!

o SHI, they make these other batteries and flashlights w/ push buttons and like 200 lumens!?!?!? Instacopped dat Fenix PD20 and RCR123s

the fck is a neutral tint? why do i need one? the fck is a throw? do i want that? I GUESS SO INSTACOP Eagletac P10C2 NW

and this was all before 4sevens started making their own lights, LOL that's a whole other story..

but for TL;DR:

ITP EOS A3

is your best bet for performance/value

EDIT: re: Fenix E01 being a steal -- for just a few dollars more you can get the ITP A3, which can either be an 80 lumen single mode light, or a 3 mode light to maximize runtime, all while having a much better beam, optics, tint, etc.

the fenix E01 is built like a tank, however, and seems to last forever on a fresh battery -- but the beam is practically purple as it uses a Nichia GS LED and not a CREE XP-E LED. the beam pattern itself is not circular/symmetrical on my model, and it doesn't throw very far..

depending on your needs, if you want a good general purpose, easy to use light, go for the ITP. if you need an extra durable long-lasting light, go for the E01.

^ yup, youtubes pretty good.

And best of all...

Stormdrane's blog

It took me about a half hour to do the knot at the beginning of this video yesterday. And it came out looking like shit

O3VUpL1tGhI

a couple more I've found

Chris Reeve's knife lanyard (basically a noose type tie)

50 Basic knots

And the insanely easy lanyard knot by Matthew Walker via Atwood's site

Just bought some pens from Jetpens.com

Pilot Choose Gel Ink Pen - Black(x2)

Zebra Sharbo Smartline 0.4 mm Ballpoint Multi Pen + 0.3 mm Pencil - Black Body

Pilot Hi-Tec-C Couleur Mini Gel Ink Pen - 0.4 mm - Silver Body/Black Ink

Pentel Tradio EnerGel Combo Pen - Nature Matte Body - 0.7 mm - Gray Barrel/Black Ink

Excited to put them to work.