edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

awwww SNAP son! It's time for another pen review...

links to my past reviews:

Pentel Slicci 0.4mm Gel Pen

TODAY: Pilot FriXion Color-Pencil-Like Erasable 0.7mm Gel Pen

I'll have to admit, I was fascinated when I first heard about these. The FriXion ink is erased by the heat generated (friction) from rubbing with the caps' erasers. On top of that, the "erasers" don't degrade or wear down with use, unlike traditional erasable pens, and there are no messy rubber shavings left over!

(Note: to clear up any confusion, these aren't color pencils. Pilot just thought it would be cute to make them look like colored pencils, and named them as such.)

If you are not a fan of medium-width pens, these are probably ones you should avoid, as they're a 0.7mm diameter. The ink comes out slightly watery, and therefore can appear a little uneven on white paper, but these babies write SMOOTH. I can't emphasize that enough. And any inconsistencies in the ink become much less noticeable after drying.

I found these to be the perfect pens for writing my blue-book essays during midterms and finals -- because of the smoothness of the ink flow, you can write extremely fast (valuable when time is precious.) And if you make a mistake, you can erase it away! Erasing leaves behind absolutely no residual ink, but if you rub too vigorously, you can cause teeny bits of paper to come loose and ball up (but this is definitely avoidable.) The only things that you can see left behind are the tiny indentations in the paper where the words had just been! Amazing!!!

The final picture attached is to show you how cleanly these erase:

pens01.jpg

pens03.jpg

pens02.jpg

pens04.jpg

^^ ppl have been shit like that for a while, which is why most teachers claim to photocopy a random number if not all of the tests to compare the test of someone that wants a re-grade to their original. Idk anyone that ever go busted, nor anyone ballsy enough to try

Not exactly EDC, but went grocery shopping and decided to take a pic.

Gonna take a pic of my EDC, when I re-up on junk after X-Mas and start carrying my bag and shit everywhere cuz I dont wanna be stranded in the rain...

20091223115039.jpg

Made 1 stop to Whole Foods, then one more to Safeway about a mile-ish down the way.

20091223115048.jpg

The cans of soup/corn from Safeway added a shit load of weight.

Bag weighed about 25+/- lbs, chain and lock added a good 5/7 pounds.

Wow. The ABC was a big letdown. :confused:

I had 4 of these show up in the mail today.

abc.jpg

At 1.50 a pop I'm pretty impressed. They'll make great stocking stuffers.

I kept one for myself. Fits nicely in my Redmoon.

where u kop?

oh shit.

found this thread yesterday thanks to @rome1

thinking of doing a vid, or at least a pocket dump.

Gonna cop the ITP A3 for my first light, see if how i feel with it. Also, I hate multi-tools but this thread made my hatred for them not so strong. That Juice is actually pretty sexy.

I have a shitload of tabs open in this browser, all research everything (32 to be exact)

Great thread, shows i really need to venture out of MySupertalk more.

(all i'm subscribed to in there is korny asian girls, CWGs, superfap, toronto meetup and CODMW2)

Refreshing to see a thread of this calibre. Thanks