edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Yeah, I had no idea that was a no no, their site says it's ok

alkaline batteries if left sitting in anything for a long time can eventually leak. stick to low self discharge rechargable NiMH batteries. :)

please tell me u also post on metafilter

pleaaaaaaase

no.

XM18 w/o flipper will be super easy to open. I like my flipper, but it's definitely not needed. CTS-XHP is NICE and blade finish is beautiful. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

I'm set on knives, now I need to step up my lumens and gunz game.

You got your shit fast!

You said you got orange too, right? I love the orange G10.

DO NOT GET A HEST FOLDER!!!!

HORRIBLE quality control, rushed production, and HORRIBLE customer service. The tip of the blade was exposed, and there fix was to send you 3 spacers to fix it yourself.

truer words have never been spoken

that, and RYP is a douchebag

DO NOT GET A HEST FOLDER!!!!

HORRIBLE quality control, rushed production, and HORRIBLE customer service. The tip of the blade was exposed, and there fix was to send you 3 spacers to fix it yourself.

Such a shame. That knife looked really awesome. Was actually asking about it a few months back cuz I was interested. Good to know I didn't impulse buy.

id say carry a folder for edc type jobs. and rather than spending money on overbuilt folders just buy a decent fixed blade to handle the other tasks. often times i can get most things any normal person would use a edc blade for done with a well sharpened sak. appropriate tools for the task at hand.

id say carry a folder for edc type jobs. and rather than spending money on overbuilt folders just buy a decent fixed blade to handle the other tasks. often times i can get most things any normal person would use a edc blade for done with a well sharpened sak. appropriate tools for the task at hand.

really, for an EDC knife, all you need is a case peanut

an awesome set-up would be a case peanut

a craftsman 4-way keychain screwdriver

and a photon

oh my bad man.

Ha it's cool man. And yeah, most people can get away with a SAK, or even a basic 2-3 inch folder in the $40-50 price range, but I just like tactical overbuilt stuff because I think it's cool.

EDC related story - My Dad and I were unloading some 2x4s yesterday and he got a sliver that was about a half inch big, pulled that sucker out with my juice s2.

an awesome set-up would be a case peanut a craftsman 4-way keychain screwdriver and a photon

True. My in-the-pockets set-up lately has been a GEC Northfield #56 (spear point + small pen blade), Quark MiNi 123 and a Leatherman Micra. Light, easy, and non-threatening, but everything I need for 99% of the daily grind.

The traditional slipjoint approach is way less obtrusive in the workplace/day to day world than whipping out even something as tame as a UKPK - which still screams "knife" to many people.