edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

@Brain

Mainly because knives are more fun to talk about then flashlights. Dont get me wrong, I EDC 2 lights but 3 pages of knife talk is way more fun than 3 pages of torch talk...

Never Used either the 1 or 2. Truth be told I have kind of hated spyderco up until about 6 months ago. Why? Ignorance. So now that I have seen that they are not so bad after all, Im intrigued.

On another note, My XM-18 is supposed to be here today. So like a little kid i woke up and ran to the computer to see the status on the tracking page. As of last night it arrived in a town 45 minutes from me. As of this morning I get:

Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

What the fuck does that mean?!?! (besides the obvious).

EXACT same thing happened to my most recent XM18 from Hinderer.,...it still showed in the mail the day it was supposed to

call usps with the tracking number and see what they say

@Brane - I was going to place an order in with GoingGear today, and then I saw that vid. Going to get that ThruNite Neutron in either 2x123 or 2xAA. 340 lumens with the 123s looks mighty tempting. Going to be daily carried and also used for camping. Might be easier to have AAs, but I have a ton of 123s so I'll probably nab that.

Sorry to hear about your loss man, but it sounds like you lost it at home?

Loving the compression lock on my recently acquired P2 (satin s30v/digicam). Much easier to disengage than the ball bearing lock of my Manix 2 which takes thumb and index finger to do.

I honestly hope it's here. I'll check again tomorrow when there's better light.

What I'm fearing tho is that I lost it somewhere at school. There was an incident where I had my UKPK on me and the strap on my shoulder pack rubbed against my pocket to wiggle the knife free. I was lucky to hear it drop, but I may have missed it this time?

Man, those TI clips are so god damn stiff. I could not see a knife even coming close to wiggle free from some rubbing.

The spyderco wire clips don't have much clamping strength in comparison...

Hopefully it was flung out when some wild woman yanked yer pants off ah ya.

That's the only idea I can come up with...

lol for real the past 3 pages have been knife talk

anyone looking for a new light? XML lights will slowly take over XPGs.. Thrunite Neutrons are one of the first lines of lights to do it

tbh i'm pretty behind on the EDC tech as of late. whoops!

XM-L = more lumies but too much flood for me

XPGs have the perfect throw to spill

look out for zebralights to drop some xm-l soon

"Survivalist blog for hipsters." Haha, It's funny because I've had a few friends make fun of me for carrying a knife, multitool, and light, but when they need something they ask me for it. I usually tell them no, or say they can rent it for $5. They get all pissed, and then realize carrying this stuff has some utility.

englandmj- What Light did you get?

Its going to be like Christmas in March this week. Got a package from Hinderer, Spyderco, Countycomm and bestbuy (xbox) all scheduled to be here by Friday. Now if only Snody would ship my knife I would be done waiting on stuff for a while...

Quark MiNi 123, S2 Edition

Spyderco Pacific Salt is dope but its a big fucking knife for a pocket

lol so the other day I show my buddy this thread. He is like WTF why would you spend that much i got my shit from Harbor Freight and still bought a lapdance. Explained him the difference in quality for like an hour and blew his mind.

Next time i trained with him (He is training for SF{green berets} in the military) he had three new knives, a surefire torch, leatherman wave, and lanyards on all of them.

Best Part:

We walk home from training (We go out in the forest for like 2 days and hike and do military training sht) and we have to pass two blocks of houses before we get to his house, nbd. Anyways he has his paintball gun out and I do too but his looks like a real gun. Two cop cars pull up and officers are like get down put the guns down and sht. Then we tell them these are paintball guns. They thought we lost our mind and just got back from deployment. Anyways my friend shows them all his new gear and the cops were like Yea I had that surefire but it broke so I got this. And Yea I like that benchmade but the best was the Skirmish. And they were all talking EDC and I was like wow.

My first experience with the cops and it was amazing ahhahaha

mad kawaii story, but mainly I'm just glad you dudes didn't get shot or tazered by the pigs.

Anyone with a 4sevens miniX 123? Thinking about ordering a new flashlight this week but can't decide. Has to be small, about 2-3 inches and have a nice output. First I looked at a nitecore ezcr2, but that xm-l led is so much brighter...

I just got a quark 123 mini titanium and it looks and feels amazing but the mode skipping is pretty annoying. anyone know how to remedy this at all?

i "cleaned" (wiped off the threads with a bandana)

and "lubed" it (uh, lubed the threads)

and mine's fine now

pretty standard flashlight maintenance concept

love mine

it hangs out in my left pocket next to my sack

i "cleaned" (wiped off the threads with a bandana)

and "lubed" it (uh, lubed the threads)

and mine's fine now

pretty standard flashlight maintenance concept

love mine

it hangs out in my left pocket next to my sack

ah cool, thought that would probably be it but don't have any decent lube around and didn't really fancy spending 12 quid on a tube of nyogel. it is a really slick light though, i always think i'm on the highest setting and then it manages to go one higher

Just got home from school after 11 hours to find 2 packages. My XM and my Moonglow M2.

XM is simply amazing. Moonglow sucks penis. Smooth scales are ridiculously slick. I cant even imagine using it with wet/sweaty hands and the locking mechanism blows. 3 fingers to close a knife?

The XM makes up for it though. Pretty dope knife I must say...

Im too retarted for all that. I would chop of at least 3 of tips of fingers doing that shit.

Ill keep it a few weeks and handle it. Maybe I will change my mind. I have a tendency to do that. IE the JB TCR2 that is really growing on me.

Im good on knives for at least a month. no I have to just decide between a mossberg 930 SPX or a Remington 870 TAC but thats for a different thread.

Thanks for the vid V.