edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

^^^^^

this is true

being a paramedic i take full advantage of discounts for knives and gear...might as well after working my ass off in medic school!

and yes, 630 directly from rick is a pretty hefty sum, especially when the extra .5 cutting edge really doesnt accomplish much in terms of overall functionality

@35percent

i just emailed Rob via bladeforums and told him I was an EMT-P. I also offered to scan my card with a copy of my drivers license so they wouldnt think I was trying to just get knives at a reduced price....

...he said no worries on the scanning though ...

my gripe with Hinderer knives still remains...i had an xm-18 about a year ago and it was so clean and refined...the "HINDERER" was nice, and deeply tooled into the frame above the pivot, and all the edges were nice and smooth...fresh out of the box, without lube, the blade just flew out like butter...and that was a non filpper

when i got this last one, the action was VERY gritty out of the box, and the finish was just not what i expected...especially after holding one a year ago it felt like a lot of corners had been cut now that they are getting more and more popular

it truly didnt affect the functionality, nor can i really complain for the price...i guess i was just expecting more out of it than what i got when i opened the box...

i have a new flipper on build with Kendrick Knives, and also one from kingdom armory. Cannot wait

I still have my license and everything like that, just don't work in the field anymore. I REALLY want one for some reason, I'm going to try to see if any of my friends know of someone that has bought one recently so I can mess around with it.

Hmm.... his shop is 3 hours away from me, and only an hour from my friends place. ROAD TRIP!

No idea why I waited so long to do this...

I don't have the time or want, to go around and get some wax to coat some matches... So? Used some Murray's Pomade!

With the weather turning to shit, I figured I gotta get my shit together. After April, a lot more of my time will be prepping my EDC.

I'm ghetto, I used what I got. Used an old Altoids tin I was just about to throw out. I don't feel like cleaning a pot after melting a ton of wax in it.

6e224659.jpg

Used a bigger dollop afterwards.

And...

bf406617.jpg

Success.

I don't know how many other matches I'm gonna coat, I should do a relatively hefty amount though. I have a match tin with a battery in it. Not so sure if it's a good idea or not to keep matches with a battery... But I've also got another matchbox container, with uncoated matches.

Anyone else have a mini case filled with tactical stuffs?? I remember that one video of the guy who had it in a tin with the duct tape and all that stuff...

A geologist named Jim Berkland predicts that the CA Bay Area's big quake will occur tomorrow (or sometime from 3/19-26).. He supposedly predicted the Loma Prieta/World Series quake back in '89...

:(

Good thing I will be leaving tomorrow for Hong Kong.

On another note, been trying to find a flashlight. Probably going to end up with the Surefire 6PX. With all these disasters, I'm going to be updating my bug out bag. Does anybody else have one of these?

I'm trying to find a decent 3-day pack that won't break the bank. Please no TAD Gear, Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, etc. :(

well i got my email response back - and i quote -

"no"

what a dick.

i dont care how custom of a maker you are, and even if you're using the bones of jesus christ in a 365 layer damascus blade...some common courtesy would be great

i also understand that this guy might be backordered for the next 10 years, but for fucks sake i didnt ask him for a mokume handle and superconductor blade, or anything complicated...just asked whether he can make a 3.5 inch or 4 inch blade model on request and that I was willing to wait however long I may need to.

all i gotta say is that this guy is gonna lose out on orders if hes got such an attitude problem. When I emailed Emerson last year about getting on a custom list (when i didnt know as much about how the process works) i got a very polite email response back...not just a one word email fired back

tsf can suck a dick...i'm glad you're happy with your knife,

but if a customer is willing to drop money on a custom folder, and ALSO specifically says they are willing to wait however long needed...some professionalism would be required and appreciated.

and furthermore, i require NO imperfections in my custom knives. If its custom, that means its subject to even higher QC than any spyderco/benchmade coming out of a factory...there should be NO "character marks" because IMO...those are for the user to make on their own...anything else just means the dude doesnt give a fuck enough to make sure the F&F is 100% straight out of the shop.

Ah, the good old "the customer is always right" concept. Are we still in the 20th century?

If you don't like him then take your money elsewhere. There's probably a million other people lined up to take your spot. I can guarantee that he is not losing sleep over one unhappy customer. It's pretty pathetic seeing you come back to cry about it on a forum especially after changing the story to make yourself look like the hapless victim.

i lost my quark mini AA today yesterday :(

the fucking piece of shit ring they give iwth it just like broke and the light was gone. no clue when it happened, or i wouldn't of lost it.

high quality light, yet they skimp on the ring. i really dont want to drop 50$ AGAIN.

I'm trying to find a decent 3-day pack that won't break the bank

Are you wanting a duffle bag that is sufficient for three days or are you wanting a backpack?

I have an older ~30L rucksack that is made out of a fairly heavyweight cordura. I know there are new packs that are significantly lighter and made out of more tech material but I am always worried about extended use, especially in an emergency/disaster situation.

I also have a few waterproof 'stuff sacks' to keep essential items dry.

I am from Canada, so I usually rely on Mountain Equipment Co-op for my Armageddon equipment.

They also have really affordable and durable duffle bags too...

But I mean, from what I gathered watching Book of Eli, Denzel managed for 30 years with what looks like an Oakley backpack. So who knows...

If any one of you is selling a spyderco cricket for under 50 shipped, I'll cop. I'm looking to surprise my lady :)

She loves dem spydercos... (she calls them alligators just because they they remind her of one haha)

Or any spyderco with vg-10 that looks like the T-Mag or the cricket.

She would have the t-mag right now but since she keeps her knife in her purse, earth magnet + iPhone = LOLOLOL

That rare earth magnet isn't powerful enough to wipe out info. I had mine on my comp and phone and it was fine, Not sure about prolonged exposure though. Might want to look at the Native as well, S30V for around $50-60 is nice. I love my SE one, and will be getting a plain edge sometime soon.

Sent a message to Hinderer, want to get a 3.5" flipper with orange scales. Now to decide on CTS-XHP or S35VN, if they even have a choice

I'm looking for a specific look hahaha (oh women)

Basically like the pen knives and the Tmag. With the rounded off top that makes it look like an eye.

Also, i'm trying to find a spyderco without a lockback just because they're boring as shit to fuck around with.

If you guys have any suggestions, let me know!

^^^

para 2 w/comp lock

yojimbo2 w/comp lock

any axis knives if you're interested in flipping and fucking around with them

I might just get a cricket for 60 shipped.

Are they any good tho?

I like mine (plain edge). It's great for small chores like envelopes and boxes-the reverse s shape is really nice for that stuff. Solid lock up. It also looks much less threatening than my manix 2 or pm2, which can be a big plus.

LA police gear 3-day bag for $30.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat-3-day-backpack1.html

Mountaingear.com has a nice Black Diamond 3200 cubic inch pack for $90 on sale now.

But as rgray said what are you looking for more specifically?

Well I have a Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II right now as my normal everyday bag. It's fantastic and all but it doesn't carry enough to be more than a daypack.

I'm looking for something more along the lines of a kit bag; something that I could sling over my shoulder as well as having backpack straps. A duffel bag would be good but maybe something with a few more external pockets as I hate having to dig through one large compartment to get to that bandage I need.

It should be able to hold:

-sleeping bag/bivy sack

-9 MREs

-raincoat

-socks/underwear/sweater

-small toiletry kit

-first aid kit

-multi-use prybar

-hat and sunglasses

-2 flashlights

-flares

-small toolkit (duct tape, visegrips, travel sized WD-40, adjustabel wrench, screwdriver)

I've been using an old duffel bag for a while but it's finally taken it's toll and the zippers aren't what they used to be. Also, the less velcro, the better. It will probably be tossed into a car or lashed to a motorcycle.