edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

i'm going to agree with ddml with para2 > sng

i also (sort of) prefer it over my large sebby, too. good ergos and no thumb lug makes it, imo.

i'd get rid of my sng if it didn't have sentimental value.

i actually deleted the bit about preferring it over my (small) sebenza

but i do

the p2 just feels more rough and ready

faster to deploy and close

my p2 is a keeper

i still want a large sebenza more than anything but i don't think i could get up in the morning without having a p2 in my life

(i would venture that the s30v/g10 is a better buy than the tricked out s90v/cf)

Alright, here's the knife!

This is a Three Sister's Forge Tactical.

The specs are as follows:

7" OAL

3" blade, CPM S35NV, .120 thick

Hollow ground

False top edge

Bead Blasted and then Stone Washed

.120 thick Titanium handles with Water Jet grip

Titanium clip

IKBS BEARINGSSSS

img1845sh.jpg

img1848f.jpg

img1823st.jpg

img1849y.jpg

img1812k.jpg

Review:

The construction is exceptional, the lockup is extremely stiff and has no blade play whatsoever even with a lot of force applied. Also, since the blade stop has an off-centered hole, you can adjust your lock up for an even stiffer one (or looser but jeeze...).

The IKBS bearings are extremely smooth and make the knife a contender with most automatic knives when it comes to opening speed.

The clip is very stiff (thank god since it stops the framelock from over bending) and it can be damaging to pants like the benchmade clips.

The longer thumb stud is very nice for an easy opening when you're outdoors wearing thick gloves.

The knife came with a mirror polished edge, hair popping sharp.

In function, the knife is perfect. When it comes to looks, it has very minor inconsistencies unlike the sebenza. Let's keep in mind that every one of these knives are hand made (blade is hand forged) by one man and that the MINOR imperfections just add to the rugged character of the knife.

Also, keeping in mind that Three Sisters Forge has enough knowledge to make and sell forges, the quality control of the heat treating is exceptional.

If you want a knife that can out perform a sebenza and has a better blade steel for 100$ cheaper, this is the knife for you.

http://threesistersforge.com/folder.php?fmPage=61

Don't forget to check out the BEAST as well! If you want a Strider without the shitty customer service.

Oh speaking of service. Lets just say that this guy responds to emails very quickly, is very helpful and has an extremely good warranty (like you'll ever need it...........)

is it possible to get one of these in a 3.75 or 4 inch blade?

damn that would be ideal....

Added a picture of the lock up and one of the stop pin.

Solix, let me know what details you would want! This is basically my test run for the review. Looking to spread the word on bladeforums and EDC forums for Three Sisters Forge!

For the custom requests, I'm unsure of anything but one thing I know is that he's very quick to respond and seems pretty open to these things.

Just got the new Kor water bottles in the mail. It's a water bottle, but not much more. The design of the lid on their original was a selling point, but these new ones, as I said, are just a water bottle. If you are looking for something in black, or any other color for that matter, check out hydroflask.com It is double wall insulated, so it will keep things cold or hot longer.

21oz_StandardMouth_BlackButte_RGB__36814_zoom.jpg

Email him! He will answer you very quickly. I'd be tempted to get a BEAST 3.5'' flipper but that would be way more than I would ever need haha.

Let's see how custom shit gets ;)

well i got my email response back - and i quote -

"no"

what a dick.

i dont care how custom of a maker you are, and even if you're using the bones of jesus christ in a 365 layer damascus blade...some common courtesy would be great

i also understand that this guy might be backordered for the next 10 years, but for fucks sake i didnt ask him for a mokume handle and superconductor blade, or anything complicated...just asked whether he can make a 3.5 inch or 4 inch blade model on request and that I was willing to wait however long I may need to.

all i gotta say is that this guy is gonna lose out on orders if hes got such an attitude problem. When I emailed Emerson last year about getting on a custom list (when i didnt know as much about how the process works) i got a very polite email response back...not just a one word email fired back

tsf can suck a dick...i'm glad you're happy with your knife,

but if a customer is willing to drop money on a custom folder, and ALSO specifically says they are willing to wait however long needed...some professionalism would be required and appreciated.

and furthermore, i require NO imperfections in my custom knives. If its custom, that means its subject to even higher QC than any spyderco/benchmade coming out of a factory...there should be NO "character marks" because IMO...those are for the user to make on their own...anything else just means the dude doesnt give a fuck enough to make sure the F&F is 100% straight out of the shop.

and even if you're using the bones of jesus christ in a 365 layer damascus blade...some common courtesy would be great

I LoLed so much my fiancée demanded to see what I was reading...

Hey Token....

I contacted the knifemaker and he forwarded me his reply along with your initial email and you're blowing things out of proportion!

First of all, you never mentioned you would wait any amount of time.

Secondly, his answer was short but very respectful and does not deserve any of the shit you called him out on!

I don't understand why you would put such effort in writing a paragraph about something that did not happen.

Here's the actual reply if anyone cares...

"Sorry, not right now. Buried with orders now.

Jim"

Also, he says he's sorry if you did take it the wrong way and he wanted me to let you know that you can contact him again to give it another try.

no worries man, im sure hes not going to incur any financial losses based on my post...furthermore, im sure hes a nice guy and his knives are bomb-proof

i was just saying i'm over it - guess i should have included the "not right now"

here you go, fresh from my trash in my email

tsfemail.jpg