edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Hello gents,

Looking to get someone a gift and am hoping for your superior insight on:

- Best pocket-sized flashlight for $50-75

- Best Spyderco knife for under $75 (preferably 3" blade)

Maybe one of these?

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=620

http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Pacific-Salt-Plain-Knife/dp/B0028S9M88

Realize this isn't much money to kop super edc swag, but I'm hoping I can get something decent in this range.

Guessing I could find alot of this info browsing through the thread, but I've been on Superfuture for a long time and can ask stupid questions?

@ englandmj7

Last week I was in the same boat. I needed to get something for all the guys standing up in my wedding. I didnt want to get some traditional shit that no one ever uses like a flask.

All the guys in my wedding carry knives but none of them are knife nuts so they usually have shitty flea market blades. After doing some research on quality, cheap knives, the Spyderco Tenacious had amazing reviews.

I ended up coping off ebay from a knife E Shop for 35 shipped each. Even after all the great reviews for a budget knife i was still very skeptical. But when I got them, I was VERY impressed with it. Really solid lock up, Nice G10, etc.

I would definatly consider one of these if you need to go cheap. I would put this knife up against a lot of $150 knives out there.

As for lights, pic anything from 4sevens in your price range and you will be happy. end of story on that...

Damn fudds. Probably slapped them on and didn't do a minute of training with them. " who was in a dark room and stressful situation, could not tell if he was hitting the flashlight’s switch or pulling the trigger."

What a dumbass. To use a X300 you either press the toggle down, or forward for momentary, and your finger isn't even in the trigger guard. It's actually hard to mess up.

@ englandmj7

Last week I was in the same boat. I needed to get something for all the guys standing up in my wedding. I didnt want to get some traditional shit that no one ever uses like a flask.

All the guys in my wedding carry knives but none of them are knife nuts so they usually have shitty flea market blades. After doing some research on quality, cheap knives, the Spyderco Tenacious had amazing reviews.

I ended up coping off ebay from a knife E Shop for 35 shipped each. Even after all the great reviews for a budget knife i was still very skeptical. But when I got them, I was VERY impressed with it. Really solid lock up, Nice G10, etc.

I would definatly consider one of these if you need to go cheap. I would put this knife up against a lot of $150 knives out there.

As for lights, pic anything from 4sevens in your price range and you will be happy. end of story on that...

Thanks. I got a light from 4sevens and bought this Spyderco:

http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Pacific-Salt--Plain-Knife/dp/B0028S9M88/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300773008&sr=8-1

englandmj- What Light did you get?

Its going to be like Christmas in March this week. Got a package from Hinderer, Spyderco, Countycomm and bestbuy (xbox) all scheduled to be here by Friday. Now if only Snody would ship my knife I would be done waiting on stuff for a while...

what do you have on order from Snody?

is it a folder???

I wish. He has some Sick nasty folders but I just cant justify a $1000+ folder at this stage of my life. Maybe when I have a real career...

I got a texas tanto in orange G10 from Mike.

On another note. I have been carrying the TC-R2 around and it is starting to grow on me. Thank Gawd...

damn i want that new retaliator folder he just released...the one with anodized Ti Bolsters and carbon fiber scales...

such a bad ass blade grind!

35, you dont have a choice. Current run is CTS-XHP and all production is beadblasted.

from my recollection the ONLY time you can get polished is a custom run that are hand ground. These are the ones they sell at shows and to some dealers.

Yea I would have preferred polished but oh well. Supposedly according to hinderer geeks the blasted finish wears REALLY hard. Lots of people were posting there EDC hinderers with the blasted finish and you couldn't see a scratch on the blade so...

Like you said, Im happy with whatever.

my s90V CF Para2 easily broke through a tender coconut that i wanted to drink...tasty and the blade was still shaving sharp - and all because of YOU sufu EDCers!

Mike and 35%

my hinderer 3.5 flipper that i recently got was stonewashed - both the blade and frame

i am 98% sure you can still order 1) stonewash 2) beadblast 3) sandblast

35% i hope you enjoy your flipper more than i did mine...

Serious question –

I understand that we all have bags we carry, etc., but how do you guys carry the full gamut of EDC gear in your pants? I'm doing the 811 Eternals contest, and I scarcely have room for my 1) wallet, 2) keys, 3) phone 4) pen + notebook and lip balm.

I'm thinking about picking up a Billykirk utility pouch for fieldwork / out on the trails, but do you guys have external pouches/baggier jeans/murses for your EDC gear? I just don't get how y'all can stuff your pants full of knives, paracord, the kitchen sink and still be okay.