edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

the light is small enough to wear on a keychain as well.. hmm that's weird though, I keep a leatherman juice in my coin pocket. posted a vid earlier in threak. u could also do what ddml and wild style do and attach a paracord lanyard to the light to retrieve from deep pocket carry in your front pocket, if theres space.

That Atwood stuff is insane, just wish it was more available.

just hold out for the Gerber Shard that comes out in February for $5:

500xgerbershard.jpg

pretty sexy if you ask me but it'd be redundant for me

i don't need another bottle opener (skeletool) and my raker damaskus keyfob is all the prybar i need and yeah, the skeletool can handle all the screws that dare cross my path

i only carry around one of these gun tools, all my keys are in a wallet cuz i'm paranoid about shit shredding up my pockets :(

^ man i had one of those that used to be my dad's when he was a kid; lost it along with a set of keys though :(

you should add a p-38 (john wayne) to your wallet, i've got one floating around in the change pocket

cool thread, subscribed

i saw this a while ago and have really wanted it since(non-serrated version), but can't justify the price since i'll barely use it

X

will probably get the MiNi AA when it comes out in a couple weeks, not really sure where I'll put it though since my 4 pockets are already occupied and its def too cumbersome to go in the coinpocket if it even fits.

branesplode, do you know if 4sevens accept paypal?

^ i've got a benchmade opportunist that i've been EDCing for a couple years or more; i use it all the time. opportunities for tool use appear when you happen to have one on you----about to send it back to benchmade for the lifesharp service. hard for me to get a good edge on the s30v steel

i am adding a spyderco caly3 to my knife rotation

was looking at an etched cricket but that knife seems too much an afterthought or appetizer rather than an object of study or main course

wrt the AA light---stick it in a jacket pocket. and yeah, a paracord lanyard helps; i sometimes stick my thumb through the lanyard when i need it secure; in fact, just two nights ago, my indoor cat escaped as i was coming home at night----he ran behind the bushes and i would never have seen him (he's gray) without the flash light; i stuck my thumb through the lanyard and stunned him with 120 odd lumens and then just let go of the flashlight at the last second to grab the mufugga. the flashlight paid for itself in one use.

i keep tweaking my keychain. now i've replaced a SAK Classic that had been confiscated at an airport and added a red fauxton.

Wow that Gerber Shard is sweet and only $5, damn. Its cool to see that Gerber is actually listening to their customers when it comes to designing/redesigning products. I know most people weren't crazy about the blade on the Gerber Artifact as it looked really out of place. Even saw a few guys modify the tool themselves.

I especially like this modified Artifact:

p1000427pk0.jpg

Looks good with the black removed also...

artifact1.jpg

One more, wrapped in paracord...

2lvl8o7.jpg

Man, if I could do it all over, I'd get the Shard, de-anodize it, wrap it in paracord and never check Peter Atwoods site again . :o

^ love that light

i used it tonight to illuminate street signs as i was driving back from work

didn't need to but i remember my dad keeping a gigantic mag lite (bought with marlboro miles, i'm sure) for this purpose

the light is insanely bright and powerful

i think i may mod mine into a lightsaber

wild style- whats with all the Atwood hate? don't you have one? though they were dope, I just couldn't pull the trigger for something that small for over 50 bucks, they are limited though and decent tools.

Diddles- ezaa is amazing for all types of craftiness, I can't help but bust it out and use it.

Think for Xmas I'm gonna make my dad his very own nerded out edc kit. he'll be psyched.

the skeletool can handle all the screws that dare cross my path.

I thought this too until just yesterday I needed a phillips head that was actually shorter and the skeletool could get into, kept it at a right angle but was a real PITA to unscrew three screws with. Shit for $5 why not grab a few, mini pry can always come in handy.

im gonna order the nitecore ez aa this week to add to my EDC. any one got any other suggestions before i order it?

Look into the 4sevens Quark MiNi AA. It won't be as bright I don't think but it's smaller and has preset modes if that's your thing.

I think the EZAA is still a great starter light and you might still be able to cop the Q5 version for $39 using NITECORE25 at checkout at 4sevens.com

No it's still twist operation but i've never had a twist turn on in my pocket. I made a video upthread explaining the UI for twist on off to change modes vs the nitecore way of changing modes upthread. The 4sevens Preon Kit would let you have 160lumens and a click button but it needs 2 AAAs so it would be a little shorter than a pen (~5in.) so I doubt it would fit in coin pocket or keychain.

You could match the brightness of the EZAA with the Quark MiNi AA by using lithium ion batteries, but those require some knowledge for safety reasons...

I thought this too until just yesterday I needed a phillips head that was actually shorter and the skeletool could get into, kept it at a right angle but was a real PITA to unscrew three screws with. Shit for $5 why not grab a few, mini pry can always come in handy.

yeah, i'll certainly grab a shard or two. the $5 is the preorder price, btw. maybe i WILL order a few and then RESELL FOR GOOD PRICE YOU BUY!

it seems everything has a screwdriver bit at the end.

thinking of getting the bit extender for the skeletool. wish they had more torx bits.

i am surprised how much i use the pliers. all in all, it has made me more productive around the house. having that thing in reach instead of having to dig through a toolbox is the difference between getting the job done that moment or putting it off. fixed the toilet using the thing yesterday.

my caly 3 is coming today. anxiously awaiting the tell-tale rumble of that big brown truck

Damn, that little squirt looks like it could potentially replace my skeletool. Definitely going to have to pick that up. I had wished for a squirt with pliers and scissors. :)

Pliers have been the most useful tool on my skeletool as well and the ones on this squirt look like they've got some spring-action going on also, pretty cool. And whatever is to the right of the squirt (style?) looks really cool as well.

...I had wished for a squirt with pliers and scissors...

Quoted for truth dude. Pliers, scissors, and the small flathead see the most action on my Juice.

Definitely in for that Squirt PS4 whenever it comes out.

oh shit

DAMN those are crazy

what about the things with which you attach your keys to your pants, or whatever...?

i'm sick of using one of those dog-leash clasp type things...

need something more minimal & less lengthy

Tons of options, but I have a NiteIze S-Biner (lots of ppl have had bad experiences with these tho), cable rings (mine would alway unscrew from rubbing on my jawnz and my gear would hit the pavement in a scattered mess, loctited it w/ nail varnish lol), or maybe mcgizmo clips or lobster clips for your belt loop??

it isn't going to turn on in your pocket

hey branes: what's the micra going to add to your SAK manager? i've been thinking of picking on up but it'd be extra redundant hanging off of my skeletool biner

The micra will be split in half and modded to house 3 keys, and I'm planning on cutting out a little slot near the scissor-end of handle to mount a very flash drive. might mount car keys on the outside of the tool as well.

what about the things with which you attach your keys to your pants, or whatever...?

i'm sick of using one of those dog-leash clasp type things...

need something more minimal & less lengthy

Jack, I'd recommend picking up one of these little secure-a-key belt clip guys. After my kershaw mini-biner broke a few weeks ago I grabbed one of these from Home Depot for a few bucks and have been carrying my keys on it. The keys ride much higher, and its far less likely to fail than a carabiner clipped to a belt loop.

Here is a picture of it (removed from belt, obviously)..

IMG00261.jpg

I dig it.

im gonna order the nitecore ez aa this week to add to my EDC. any one got any other suggestions before i order it?
by preset modes do you mean buttons? id like one around the same size that has click buttons, the twist start seems like it would accidentally turn on in my pocket at times ..

if you want a click-type light , then EZAA is not for you, try looking at other brands (Fenix, Quark). The EZAA is cool but I'd like something that can turn on high-beam faster, instead of twisting the head all the way to the tightest. That can get tedious when I have to turn the light on and off frequently, which often happens for my uses.

PS: the EZAA light head generally wouldnt accidentally twist on. but I have noticed that when my EZAA is off, sometimes the light does turn on/off when there is pressure on the head if it's not "twisted off" enough..