edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

if you want a click-type light , then EZAA is not for you, try looking at other brands (Fenix, Quark). The EZAA is cool but I'd like something that can turn on high-beam faster, instead of twisting the head all the way to the tightest. That can get tedious when I have to turn the light on and off frequently, which often happens for my uses.

I found that if I cleaned the threading enough I could get to high in one (albeit large) turn in one hand. Lubing the threads should help with this, but the thing about the EZ series is that the UI is solely dependent on the spring and the foam -- and due to factory variation, not everyone has the same distance they have to turn the spring..

I think I'm about to buy about $100 worth of flashlights and batteries from 4sevens tonight. just finished my essay this early morning and i feel like rewarding myself. lawlzz

For all the talk of preparedness I'm surprised no one carries any manual firestarters. If I were to seriously consider an EDC kit I'd definitely put my Swedish Firesteel on there. I'd rather have the ability to make a fire in near any situation than be stuck with just a knife and flashlight or have to rely on a lighter. It's definitely an EDC for my snowboarding kit. Possibly throw in some stormproof matches I got from REI (mini flares). But my EDC would be emergency/survival equipment rather than just random things to have since I don't really like having anything unneeded with me unless I have a bag to put it in

What I do want is a Laguiole though, such an elegant design. Not an EDC but a nice piece to have

For all the talk of preparedness I'm surprised no one carries any manual firestarters. If I were to seriously consider an EDC kit I'd definitely put my Swedish Firesteel on there. I'd rather have the ability to make a fire in near any situation than be stuck with just a knife and flashlight or have to rely on a lighter. It's definitely an EDC for my snowboarding kit. Possibly throw in some stormproof matches I got from REI (mini flares). But my EDC would be emergency/survival equipment rather than just random things to have since I don't really like having anything unneeded with me unless I have a bag to put it in

What I do want is a Laguiole though, such an elegant design. Not an EDC but a nice piece to have

i usually have a bic on me but i forgot today :/

i should post up a pic of my laguiole. not something i EDC because of its size but i love the thing. i take it on picnics, mainly... kind of rare, i guess!

quick and dirty pocket dump:

pocketdump.jpg

nitecore ez aa

skeletool

on keyring: fauxton w/ red led, raker damascus key ring fob, keys, victorinox classic, more keys, spacepen (found on sidewalk)

spyderco caly 3

nylon wallet

the bit kit for my skeletool is in my reload messenger (black and red!) along with comic books and other miscellany

I know I'm late as hell, but branespload in your vid it looks like you're using this Sbiner or something similar. How's that working for you. I had to upgrade to a beefier carabiner after half of my keys fell off and were lost forever while riding my bike. I really like the look of the sbiners but I can't take a chance on losing my keys again. Anyone else can chime in too.

Should have a pic or vid of a girl/tomboy EDC soon.

^that's gorgeous

nice braid up there raWorkshop. i've always wanted a nice vintage pocket watch to attached to something like that, but it's impossible for to find a decent priced working antique watch. i don't even want any special materials, just the classic hands and watchface!

I know I'm late as hell, but branespload in your vid it looks like you're using this Sbiner or something similar. How's that working for you. I had to upgrade to a beefier carabiner after half of my keys fell off and were lost forever while riding my bike. I really like the look of the sbiners but I can't take a chance on losing my keys again. Anyone else can chime in too.

Should have a pic or vid of a girl/tomboy EDC soon.

It's a Nite-Ize S-biner size #2 i believe. The biner itself is fine, but the cable ring I used on it kept unscrewing itself and all my gear would scatter on the sidewalk, really inconvenient... I ended up loctiting it with nail polish but whatever.

A quick fix to the s-biner slipping is to put a piece of paracord over the gate like a sleeve, and only move it when you want to access your keys. Hope that helps.

how about a benchmade opportunist (440)?

i've got one

great little blade

not my pic:

bm440clip1.jpg

That's pretty sexy, can you put a clip on it? I'm sans man bag most days.

^that's gorgeous

nice braid up there raWorkshop. i've always wanted a nice vintage pocket watch to attached to something like that, but it's impossible for to find a decent priced working antique watch. i don't even want any special materials, just the classic hands and watchface!

Well the watch is Swiss Army pocket watch, still in production and about 3 times as beastly as any vintage watch I've handled. I was looking for a vintage piece but they all lack the heft, this one is only a few design cues from being pretty perfect. The reign is by Hollows Leather on this forum. The watch came with a nasty little metal chain, but any wallet reign will do.

That's pretty sexy, can you put a clip on it? I'm sans man bag most days.

yeah, it comes with a clip. tip down right hand carry if i remember correctly.

i had one of these. REALLY light knife. perfect size for a gentleman's knife.

awesome blade steel too. these go for around 115

Won't bother posting my EDC since, at this point, the only thing besides keys, wallet, and phone is a skate tool/bottle opener keychain.

However, I think it is time to join you guys. I work at a brewery in an industrial park, and I think both a multi tool and flashlight would be super handy. I frequently find myself needing to go look for tools, and I often have to close up at night all by myself in the dark in the middle of nowhere.

I am liking the idea of the Skeletool, as it seems to have everything I would need tool-wise. I am looking at Amazon.com, as it's only $45.

For a flashlight, at this point I think I may hold out for the Quark MiNi 123. It's super easy to take along, and seems to have a good output/battery life ratio.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated :)

Edit: Just noticed that the AA uses (surprise) a AA battery. Anyone with a flashlight that uses the CR123A type of battery find it annoying that it doesn't use as standard a battery?

If you invest in some Li-Ion RCR123as you get a smaller package and more voltage, which helps give more brightness in a smaller flashlight. Plus, they're rechargable. AAs are widely available but to get the full potential you would need an AA sized Li-Ion battery (protected 14500 cell) so it's like the same thing, really.

If you notice, MiNi AA on an alkaline only gets 90 lumens OTF because it's only getting 1.5V, whereas the Mini 123 gets a monstrous 189 lumens OTF with it's 3.7-4.2V.

^damn, that might make me get the 123 instead of the AA.

but i do have 150 alkaline AAs to waste...hm

have any recommendations for 14500 Li-on AAs? i can find a few through google but i don't know whether its worth it to go for a name brand or not. do these 14500s require special higher voltage chargers?

^ im stoked too. I order Preon kit in black and the mini 123, they'll both ship same day i think. got a couple of AW RCR123as while im at it. in hindsight, if im using my 123 as a keychain light, it would be smarter to keep a primary 123 in it.. but whatevz..

^damn, that might make me get the 123 instead of the AA.

but i do have 150 alkaline AAs to waste...hm

have any recommendations for 14500 Li-on AAs? i can find a few through google but i don't know whether its worth it to go for a name brand or not. do these 14500s require special higher voltage chargers?

Li-Ion batteries have many risks to them, because they're high energy cells in such a small form. This aspect of flashaholism has a steep learning curve. There are not just Li-Ion cells, but they have different chemistries (which affect nominal voltage, like LiFePO4 cells) or regulation/protection.

I would suggest, if you go for a 14500, to find a protected 14500 cell and an Ultrafire charge:

http://www.lighthound.com/AW-14500-Protected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_96.html (AW is my preferred brand, probably for all flashaholics)

http://www.lighthound.com/Ultrafire-36-volt-lithium-AA-or-AAA-Battery-Charger_p_2269.html

I suggest you read up on li-ion battery safety before you purchase. There are other risks like.. your battery won't fit or something because the added protection makes it a little longer or something. We don't know for sure because the Minis are still on pre-order.

wtf nitecore brotherhood revival:

NITECORE40 - 40% off Nitecore EX10 R2, Extreme Q5, Defender Infinity Q5 and GD, D20 Q5

NITECORE50 - 50% off Nitecore SR3, EZ 123, EZ 123 Warm, and EZ CR2 Warm

NITECORE60 - 60% off Nitecore EZ CR2

wild style: wtf man

wild style: fuck 47s

kenthenoob: fuck 4sevens