edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

why is everyone getting the EZ123 over the EZAA? Aren't AA batteries much easier to find, or am I missing something....

Ah, I'm actually also considering the EZAA as well.

^ to be honest, for my first light, I would choose the AA over the 123. I don't know why these guys are getting 123s, they're sort of like "weirdo" batteries. I already have plenty of 123s and I know how they work and I'm comfortable with their size etc. Hopefully these guys got it right.

Besides size, is there any difference between a EZ123 and EZAA?

EZ123 has higher output by a few lumens. Don't be a lightbeast: moar lumenz =/= better flashlight.

I would definitely trade an imperceptible ~30 lumens for a neutral tint or better grip or rechargable battery support.

and lol @ EVERYONE w/ nitecores, the brotherhood is now like an extended family

which flashlight is it that has a side to act as a striker? like the criss card but in flash form... expensive? i might want one.

whats the deal? rep for answers.

boo ya.

just look for anything with a "strike bezel", "defense bezel" etc,

but if you want a rape bezel:

surefire L6p:

L6Porcupinesmall.jpg

^^ wait, so let me get this straight – you can use the FLASHLIGHT as a BATON?!

woah.

My edc consists of my samsung phone, a wallet, and a set of keys + chapstick. What jeans do you guys wear? I wear new standards, kmw1980s & sugarcane okinawas, and I already think that's a lot. Do most of you go for janitor chic with giant keyrings?

Nahh, you dont need to be janitor status to carry the essentials.

Today I'm wearing my Skull 5507s and I've got flashlight in front right pocket, skeletool in front left, phone in back left, wallet back right and my key carrier goes in the coin pocket. The only thing I have dangling is my car key/remote, spy capsule, and atwood.

added a little handkerchief to my back left pocket just in case i need to wipe something or if something spills iono sorta gross but w/e

^ essential. actually if you go to urban survivalist websites and shit, that is one of three must-carry things in case of disaster (along with water and a safety pin). dampen it with water and tie around your face to filter airborne irritants. use pin to secure the knot.

on first glance i was about to make fun of you for recommending that website, but it goes a little deeper beyond the gadget/manliness fetishism of other sites. I like it a lot, thanks for the link.

Yo – I'm curious, what's in your guys' BUG OUT BAG

Just came across that term (sp?) a few days ago and want to put something together, and am looking for inspiration. This shit (http://www.celoxmedical.com/) is definitely going in there.

how do you guys carry paracord? just bunch it up and stuff it in your pocket? i've found having paracord can be VERY useful in my edc, but i don't know how to carry it. except in small plastic bag. i carry about 6 feet.
Paging wild style, king of arts and crafts time in 2nd grade!!

:P

Paracord bracelets are a good way to carry the stuff, though if you're using it all the time it could be annoying, as its more for apt for emergency use. I think the bracelets look cool too, but that's all personal preference.

If you're not into the bracelets you can make some lanyards which can easily hold a few feet. Bracelets though can hold at least 7 feet and up to 20 feet if you make it a king cobra and have a decent sized wrist. I can give you some links if you're interested in learning.

Here's an od green/black bracelet I made recently:

bracelet.jpg