edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

true but still. i wouldnt carry that flashlight for just whatever. maybe i would leave this shit in my car but come on man we live in southern California.

I originally got a flashlight for work, but now I keep it on me always because of how useful it's proven itself to be. Before I got it I was like you, I didn't quite realize how useful a flashlight would be, but you really never know when you'll need it. I've found myself in numerous occasions when i was glad i had it on me, which is why i decided to carry it daily. Helping senior citizens walk around a dark theater, helping a handicap girl down a pitch black stairwell, looking for stuff in the dark, lighting the way for my boss in the dark, etc. Never planned for it, but was prepared for it.

lol guys, I think im going to have to leave the brotherhood after looking at the latest offerings from 4sevens.

I'm going to return my EZCR2w for a refund, which I would have then used to replace it with the EZ123w, but the MiniQuark123 is amazing. I'm going to wait for a neutral run of it and hopefully that'll be the end of that.

You could try doing something similar to what this guy did...

IMG_5085.JPG

IMG_5084.JPG

more info here.

this is dope, but how do you differentiate between keys? especially if you have two or more that look similar...I want to do this but don't want to try and memorize the teeth patterns of all my keys

4079466136_44fb2269ba_m.jpg4078708185_26569b5568_m.jpg4079465998_d5e0175c35_m.jpg4078708055_bc68b494ab_m.jpg

yo, nice spyderco. is that some sort of special edition Spin??

info on that bottle opener/prybar key?

and you might wanna check out the stainless steel sharpies too!

EDIT: GregoryH either step/stagger the key's lengths or just remember the order you keep them. labeling the keys wouldn't be too hard either.

this is dope, but how do you differentiate between keys? especially if you have two or more that look similar...I want to do this but don't want to try and memorize the teeth patterns of all my keys

well, four keys isn't that many. i'm sure he knows em by top one is for x, middle top for y, .... instead of pausing everytime he pulls his keys out to try and recall which teeth are on which key.

Its rly not a problem since the keys are always in the same spot, you know? But I did etch initials in mine just in case I'm too gurped to remember. Hard to get a macro shot with a crappy point and shoot, but you get the idea.

etch.jpg

edit: revoked beat me to it.

yo, nice spyderco. is that some sort of special edition Spin??

info on that bottle opener/prybar key?

and you might wanna check out the stainless steel sharpies too!

EDIT: GregoryH either step/stagger the key's lengths or just remember the order you keep them. labeling the keys wouldn't be too hard either.

The Spyder Co was on sale at Knifecenter.com. They still have one other style left.

as for the prybar. its the bottle opener tool that comes standard on a Trim Pocket tool. Close enough to an Atwood for me... I just drilled out the rivet and took it out.

th.php?name=1143663684kk8b_hr.jpg&width=140&height=275&qual=90

S7302525.jpg

lgc wallet

samsonite wallet

gerber all -in-one

keys

phone

denim patch :D

missing: a flashlight. i want one i can whip out easily from my coin pocket...ezAA??

^ EZAA, or 4sevens Quark Mini AA when it comes out. depends on ur preference of UI

EZAA is twist on for low, keep twisting further while on low to get to hi, twist back to low then back more to turn off

704422878_8uwBJ-L.jpg

quark mini AA is smaller, has more modes (low, med, hi, strobe, beacon, sos) and uses newest LED (CREE XP-G R5) so it will be inherently brighter.. the UI is different tho -- u gotta turn on once for low, turn off then turn on again to step up to med, off then on for high. to get to the blink modes u turn off/on a certain number of times to access those settings.

its makin me question my loyalty to the Nitecore Brotherhood :\\\\\

also whats the purpose of denim patch??

and that key on your carabiner, im sure u can attach it to the outside pins of your gerber tool if u wanna do that.

k thanks for the info.

denim patch is for my jeans , in case the near-crotch hole gets bigger in public, and causes a wardrobe malfunction. pretty much a security blanket

quark mini AA is smaller, has more modes (low, med, hi, strobe, beacon, sos) and uses newest LED (CREE XP-G R5) so it will be inherently brighter.. the UI is different tho -- u gotta turn on once for low, turn off then turn on again to step up to med, off then on for high. to get to the blink modes u turn off/on a certain number of times to access those settings.

Sounds like a fucking pain in the ass you ask me.

lol WHOA this thread almost slipped to page 2.

I've gotten like 5 flashlight recommendation PMs in the past day so hopefully by next week I can synthesize a few months worth of research to get a FAQ up for people who don't want to research for themselves -_-

But a brief preview, it looks like this:

Assuming you want keychain/small carry

Assuming you want to use available AA or AAA batteries

Assuming you dont want to spend over 50 dollars

I would recommend:

iTP A3 and A2 Upgrade Editions

4sevens Preon I

4sevens Quark MiNi AA

Nitecore Tactical EZAA Q5/W

I should never have opened this page. Turns out I really am an EDC person bu didn't know it. I have my stuff that I have to pack around all day, but now I want more. That Atwood stuff is insane, just wish it was more available.

Question though, is a Crisis Card worth it? It seems like it would be cool, but it doesn't look like it has a bottle opener. I actually ordered a Jeff Hall Ti Card with opener, but I gotta admit the crisis card looks pretty sick.

cool thread, subscribed

i saw this a while ago and have really wanted it since(non-serrated version), but can't justify the price since i'll barely use it

s7_516108_999_02?$main-Medium$

will probably get the MiNi AA when it comes out in a couple weeks, not really sure where I'll put it though since my 4 pockets are already occupied and its def too cumbersome to go in the coinpocket if it even fits.

branesplode, do you know if 4sevens accept paypal?

I should never have opened this page. Turns out I really am an EDC person bu didn't know it. I have my stuff that I have to pack around all day, but now I want more. That Atwood stuff is insane, just wish it was more available.

Welcome! I had the same thing happen to me -- I didn't know I was into EDC until I discovered it kinda thing...

cool thread, subscribed

will probably get the MiNi AA when it comes out in a couple weeks, not really sure where I'll put it though since my 4 pockets are already occupied and its def too cumbersome to go in the coinpocket if it even fits.

branesplode, do you know if 4sevens accept paypal?

LOL at the MiniAA being cumbersome. It's even smaller than the EZAA that everyone here throws in their coin pockets. And yes, 4sevens accepts paypal. Use cpf8 for 8% off and free shipping.

i only carry around one of these gun tools, all my keys are in a wallet cuz i'm paranoid about shit shredding up my pockets :(

There are lots of pocketable options without the aggressive gripping and stuff that would rip your pockets up. You could also try clipping stuff on or carrying an urban wallet.