edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

^ i was thinking more along the lines of

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/03/26/every-man-should-carry-a-handkerchief/

LOL

but good to know!!

in that link, there's also one about pocketknives which should answer the "why do you carry a knife?" question:

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/04/01/every-man-should-carry-a-pocket-knife/

so i joined the brotherhood with an EZAA-W. can't say i'm 100% pleased with what i got- thought the low mode would be a lot lower than what it is.

was hoping for something brighter than my cellphone screen but dim enough to be discrete.

i can't say i regret the purchase, though. this thing puts out a lot of light, and it's definitely proved to be useful already looking for my buddy's keys @ the park

^ well they don't advertise their low as that low.

You're looking for like a less than 3 (<3) lumen low if you want that kind of brightness. The beauty of the Quark moonmode w/ mine is that it's like about the brightness of a somewhat dim cellphone screen but it can throw across the room onto a wall. It's definitely discrete, wouldn't wake anyone up if you were using it in the same room etc.

Welcome to the brotherhood tho. and welcome to rome1 as well!!

how do you guys carry paracord? just bunch it up and stuff it in your pocket? i've found having paracord can be VERY useful in my edc, but i don't know how to carry it. except in small plastic bag. i carry about 6 feet.

i've got a couple keychains which are about 6ft. I've actually unraveled it on countless occasions to use it. unfortunately, one of them doesn't work anymore cause it melted against my motorcycle's exhaust.

anybody know how to make keys a little more quiet? i have my motorcycle keys on the same rings as my house key, bike lock key, and work keys but they're out in the open so they just jingle around. wrapping paracord?

Well This thread got me itching to get a different knife since I have been carrying the benchmade 9100 for 6 years now... so my new EDC came in today. Cute little guy...

Photo3.jpg

Cant see, but it is the damascus model.

This thing is too nice to carry. I have tried twice but its just too nice of a knife. Im going to try and sell this for exactly what I paid for it, which was a hell of a deal (240.)

This was made in april of 2009 and im told they only made about 20 in a damascus blade. Pm me if you are interested for some better pics.

^i carry a zippo (but i smoke), had it for 10 years and still going strong. they're cool and all but you got to refill the fluid every couple weeks, even if you never use it because it's not exactly air tight and the cotton packing eventually dries. also, it's incredibly challenging (almost impossible) to use it to smoke bowls with haha. that said, to me a zippo is still a great thing to have, mine has been through a lot with me.

those peanut lighters look cool though, stainless steel, waterproof, air tight, and easy to carry. i saw that video where they left the lighter in a bottle of water for a whole month and when they took it out, it still lit up. zippo cant do that.

any non-smokers carry lighters? i wanna start carrying a zippo just for the hell of it, but i don't smoke.

oh and i carried a handkerchief today because of that link. haha. used it to wipe off sweat!

i dont see any reasoning to carry a lighter if you dont smoke haha im sorry...actually... i can see someone holding one for sentimental reasons like if it was their pops or something. this girl i used to be with held my lighter cuz i would always lose it when we got faded... miss those days haha.

i dont see any reasoning to carry a lighter if you dont smoke haha im sorry...actually... i can see someone holding one for sentimental reasons like if it was their pops or something. this girl i used to be with held my lighter cuz i would always lose it when we got faded... miss those days haha.

yo eb i'm glad you read our discussion and all but i really wish you would drop the whole "shit is useless except for doing its specific task" mentality. the point of EDC is to carry as few tools as possible that have the highest functionality. minimize bulk and maximize utility.

you say that carrying a lighter isn't useful if you don't smoke -- I obviously don't smoke but I've used my lighter like at least 5 times since I got it. i admit the majority of them were for birthday cakes but like i said before, once was at a church when they needed to light baptism candles and they didn't have a lighter, the other time was just this past weekend. I was at a filipino party and the food was getting cold, so they needed to light the wick of one of those foodwarmer things you put under the tray to keep it warm so it came in handy for that.

however, some things are more specialized than others -- I don't use my multitool as often, but it's nice to have it there when i need to unscrew or pry something, or cut something open with scissors.

on the other hand, my handkerchief that i just started carrying... it's pretty damn useful. i can use one to wipe my mouth/face/hands/glasses/laptop screen(just figured this one out today), etc. used it went i went to the market to wipe down the cart handle after those disposable wipe things they give u leave it all sticky.. use it to pick up something that's still hot in the kitchen, etc. if you are clever you can make your EDC go a long way, no matter how simple they are.

as for lighters, especially for the purposes of this threak, I say we get a group buy for countycomm going and all get peanut/split pea lighters. shiet is mad nice quality, air tight, really small, can be used as a spy cap.

peanut lighters are the new nitecores

any small , durable knives you guys recommend?? i was looking at a spiderco c109bkp.

how much you willing to spend? like i've said before, benchmade's mini-grip is a GREAT place to start with knives. there's the 555 and the 556. one with a hole and one with a thumb stud. these can be around 50-70 depending on where you shop. i have little experience with spyderco, but that knife you mentioned doesn't look too good. it's expensive for what you get. and the blade is 3.5. this is considered medium in the folding knife world. (i think)

if you're looking to spend more, look up benchmade 943 or 940. the best edc knives in the price range IMO.

i know..i'm kinda biased, but i love benchmades and the axis lock!

oh and i got a benchmade 527 that i can sell you for cheap if you want.

yo eb i'm glad you read our discussion and all but i really wish you would drop the whole "shit is useless except for doing its specific task" mentality. the point of EDC is to carry as few tools as possible that have the highest functionality. minimize bulk and maximize utility.

you say that carrying a lighter isn't useful if you don't smoke -- I obviously don't smoke but I've used my lighter like at least 5 times since I got it. i admit the majority of them were for birthday cakes but like i said before, once was at a church when they needed to light baptism candles and they didn't have a lighter, the other time was just this past weekend. I was at a filipino party and the food was getting cold, so they needed to light the wick of one of those foodwarmer things you put under the tray to keep it warm so it came in handy for that.

however, some things are more specialized than others -- I don't use my multitool as often, but it's nice to have it there when i need to unscrew or pry something, or cut something open with scissors.

on the other hand, my handkerchief that i just started carrying... it's pretty damn useful. i can use one to wipe my mouth/face/hands/glasses/laptop screen(just figured this one out today), etc. used it went i went to the market to wipe down the cart handle after those disposable wipe things they give u leave it all sticky.. use it to pick up something that's still hot in the kitchen, etc. if you are clever you can make your EDC go a long way, no matter how simple they are.

as for lighters, especially for the purposes of this threak, I say we get a group buy for countycomm going and all get peanut/split pea lighters. shiet is mad nice quality, air tight, really small, can be used as a spy cap.

peanut lighters are the new nitecores

not gunna lie i didnt read all that shit... i get it. i dig what you do... im not talking bad anymore i find it interesting... but i myself just wouldnt carry so much lol.

but for the lighter cool man, you were the guy that had the lighter. jeezzzzz! im just speaking dude. oh and i didnt say it wasnt useful i just didnt find any reasoning for it.... maybe cuz i was thinking of people that smoke.

keep your count on how much you use your shit its cool. im serious, its cool.

ill chill... im not saying anything bad...

ill stay out of your hair man. fuck.

find your reason to use your shit.

ill use mine the real way cuz i have a bic lighter and its not for birthday cakes and candles.

^ naw see thats cool, everyone has their own uses and thats why people's EDC's can differ greatly, altho there is a general common set of essential/core items

iono sorry if i sound like im mad its just it seemed like ur only posts in here were to troll/play devil's advocate w/ ur skepticism and stuff. its all good u kno...

Now I dont want to seem hypocritical as I have been carrying my Benchmade 9100 for 6 years now but i found this instesting... http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/fa/categories.main/parentcat/29189

There are quiet a few knife websites online that are against Benchmade. Read up.