edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

just got a cr2. 20 bucks. good deal. bought a battery at radio shack. stupid thing was 8 bucks.

ok so i have a surefire 6p (i think that's what it's called). and this little thing blows it away in brightness. the beams are the same size and whatnot. the build of the surefire is better though.

when i press down on the top part of the EZ cr2, the light turns on. which is understandable because it's a twist. but it gets me paranoid that it'll turn on in my pocket and drain the battery.

^^ Haha, well said man.

Ordered an urban wallet and ended up talking to Bill on the phone for 20 minutes. Such a nice guy. He was more than happy to accommodate my request for a different pocket configuration. Also asked him if he ever made one out of denim. Said he hadn't, but it seemed like he would be open to the idea (if he ever gets some spare time). Maybe if I dig the one I just ordered, Ill mail him some scraps from my 660's and see what he can do. Sufu x Bill's Custom Cases.

Full review to come once wallet gets here.

dude i would be so DOWN for a selvage denim bill's urban wallet x sufu collabo joint

seriously, let's do this thing. start a new thrak and shit. riri or like deadstock talon (or crown) zips. the whole nine.

Before I forget, I want a notebook that I can slip in the backpocket, I want it to have an interior strap for a stubby pen, and it'd be cool if it was leather. I've seen stuff like this around but I'm having trouble finding it now.

Any help is appreciated.

Jacob

paging kenthenoob to chime in on this :)

Atwood arrived today. Pretty slick. The only thing I've used it for so far is loosening the bolts on my officemate's chair so that when he came in this morning the back fell off and he fell on the ground. Priceless.

#smh #edcfail

just got a cr2. 20 bucks. good deal. bought a battery at radio shack. stupid thing was 8 bucks.

ok so i have a surefire 6p (i think that's what it's called). and this little thing blows it away in brightness. the beams are the same size and whatnot. the build of the surefire is better though.

when i press down on the top part of the EZ cr2, the light turns on. which is understandable because it's a twist. but it gets me paranoid that it'll turn on in my pocket and drain the battery.

yeah i could have warned you that cr2s cost $$$ at retail stores. i got 4 duracell CR2s shipped from batteryjunction.com for 11 bucks, but it might be way cheaper for you since you're on the east coast like them.

you can press on the cr2 only because of thread play. they will never stay on in your pants pockets, and evne then, would only come in in low -- which has hours and hours and hours of battery life off a primary cr2. your battery will be fine.

oh and the threads were really crappily lubed. (too much) so i cleaned it out and lubed it myself. it's much better now.

btw. THIS THING IS SO SMALL. WTF

yeah. i tell everyone to clean their threads and lube if possible to avoid spring problems down the road. i learned the hard way, and as of right now am not even part of the brotherhood because of it. 4sevens has mine in RMA.

lastly, yeah it's small. like WTF small. too small to hold well because it's thin and uniform in texture. I got the 4sevens mini 123 which is even SHORTER IDK HOW WTF, but it's fatter, has some flares to the body and a lot of knurling, so hopefully it can grip better.

nice to see the thread is poppin off. :)

Doc Pop might know his way around working with selvage and that sorta hardware better.. considering Santa Bill has never made one out of denim before.

hopefully my EDC never gets to the point that i need to cop a selvage man clutch for it

but u guys go right on ahead :)

Before I forget, I want a notebook that I can slip in the backpocket, I want it to have an interior strap for a stubby pen, and it'd be cool if it was leather. I've seen stuff like this around but I'm having trouble finding it now.

word to this (you mean backpkt of your denim right?).

right now i'm on some discombobulated Moleskine sketchpad + Muji pen status in my backpkt. the cover feels like shit and is falling off, and the spine has bent to the shape of my curvaceous ass(but i wouldnt mind that if it didnt mean the book was now falling apart). leather cover would be amazing, along with a penholder.

but for right now:

3997006034_8df073968c.jpg

edit: oh right this is my avy too...

Doc Pop might know his way around working with selvage and that sorta hardware better.. considering Santa Bill has never made one out of denim before.

hopefully my EDC never gets to the point that i need to cop a selvage man clutch for it

but u guys go right on ahead :)

i can see the appeal of grabbing just one thing (a selvage man clutch) in the early AM as i head out the door rather than rummaging through my geek-cache on top of my dresser (and inevitably forgetting shit)

i'd never keep my main knife in any kind of carrier

the thing is near useless if you can't grab it and deploy it in a few seconds flat

but for my notepad, fountain pen, SAK, phone, and like, all that other bric-a-brac (p-38, safety pins, atwood, pry bar, whistle, blue light, flare, condoms, eyeglass repair kit, bit kit, razor blade, lighter, papers, teeth, needle, thread, floss, mints...)

i can see the appeal of grabbing just one thing (a selvage man clutch) in the early AM as i head out the door rather than rummaging through my geek-cache on top of my dresser (and inevitably forgetting shit)

haha, i hear you on that. i recently stashed most of my edc in my nightstand's top drawer and i find myself carrying less and less -- sorta like trying to quit smoking? iono, im feelin minimalism right now.

but for my other bric-a-brac (blue light, condoms)

blue light? what does it do?

and why would anyone edc condoms??? :confused::confused::confused:

benchmade mini barrage.

i can't exactly carry a nimravus around...

Which nim model do you have? I was thinking about getting the nim-cub 2 for christmas, would be sweet for trekking/hiking, and it looks more badass than my current opinel.

really don't know what to ask for xmas this year, am also considering a nitecore at this point... Is there any difference between ez aa and ez cr2 beside size?

^ i would go with EZAA over CR2 because I don't think there is a difference in brightness either. AAs are rechargable (CR2s arent, and cost like $8 if you try to buy retail in store) so you save money on battery economy (Sanyo eneloop is the way to go). EZAA is a good size to hold/operate/retrieve. The EZAA is comfortably small/slim, the CR2 is like one of those lights you forget you have on you...

any knife people out there know anything about the Boker Urban Survival? I'm looking to get a more discrete knife for school carry, something with a small blade to use for really lame light tasks. It's only $25 shipped and it looks like a pen and has super deep carry so I don't think anyone can spot it on me, unlike my shiny ass Spyderco clip.

sorry it's not a benchmade. /noob :o

Which nim model do you have? I was thinking about getting the nim-cub 2 for christmas, would be sweet for trekking/hiking, and it looks more badass than my current opinel.

really don't know what to ask for xmas this year, am also considering a nitecore at this point... Is there any difference between ez aa and ez cr2 beside size?

141SBKD2. Been keeping it in a leather sheath parallel to my belt loop.

my jacket hides it pretty well and it's easy to pull out.

not my room, dutchdog. just came home and i'm stuck in the den. u KNO i keep my apartment at school immaculate so them KBZs can see it and think to themselves, "Yo I can definitely see myself not having sex in here."

any knife people out there know anything about the Boker Urban Survival? I'm looking to get a more discrete knife for school carry, something with a small blade to use for really lame light tasks. It's only $25 shipped and it looks like a pen and has super deep carry so I don't think anyone can spot it on me, unlike my shiny ass Spyderco clip.

sorry it's not a benchmade. /noob :o

shit LOOKS dumb. tanto blade (made for piercing) the "recurve"(usually made to enhance slicing), if you can call it that, looks very non-practical. handles might be uncomfy to hold.

440c blade=good for price

aluminum handles=better than plastic

linerlock=better than lockback, imo

looks VERY difficult to sharpen too, and 440c is a soft steel compared to others, so it'll dull quicker, but is supposed to be easier to sharpen.

for 20 bucks, just go for it if you want that size and whatnot.

even though i still say fish up another 30 bucks and go for a mini-grip. :D

haha, i hear you on that. i recently stashed most of my edc in my nightstand's top drawer and i find myself carrying less and less -- sorta like trying to quit smoking? iono, im feelin minimalism right now.

blue light? what does it do?

and why would anyone edc condoms??? :confused::confused::confused:

Impromptu sex. I always carry one.

edc_condom.jpg

EFF so on friday night, i bring my artifact with me and i get checked at the club.. but he doesn't notice it (no surprise there) and im like PHEW

so last night i think im going to the same club so i just leave it at home because i dont want to get caught this time.. and finally the first use of the mini cro bar comes into play..

taking off the safety on a bic lighter. sighhh would have been so clutch..