edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

out of curiosity, would anyone here be able to recommend a flashlight I could double as a bike headlight? I got nothin over at the bicycle thread

I'd recommend separating these two man. As a biker I find it a lot easier to just have a dedicated bike blinky and keep a good steadybeam light in my pocket. I definitely do NOT recommend knog lights. Shit fall apart instantly. The cheapo bike planet ones are great and when they get ganked on the street it's no big loss.

Know that's not really the answer you wanted but you'll find that no dedicated bike light will really be a great shape to carry around in your pocket. If you are feeling super ambitious then you could find two velcro straps and DIY a holder for your EDC light. Just make sure it has a blink function. You'll prolly find it eats batteries a lot faster than a bike light though.

I'd recommend separating these two man. As a biker I find it a lot easier to just have a dedicated bike blinky and keep a good steadybeam light in my pocket. I definitely do NOT recommend knog lights. Shit fall apart instantly. The cheapo bike planet ones are great and when they get ganked on the street it's no big loss.

Know that's not really the answer you wanted but you'll find that no dedicated bike light will really be a great shape to carry around in your pocket. If you are feeling super ambitious then you could find two velcro straps and DIY a holder for your EDC light. Just make sure it has a blink function. You'll prolly find it eats batteries a lot faster than a bike light though.

Yea I get you, I guess I was just hoping I could combine both into one cost, since a nice bright headlight already tends to border on the $100 range.

Zebra light H600 for a headlight/potential pocket carry(?)

Zerba light SC600 handle bar mount / potential pocket carry

They can both run stupidly high settings for a very long time and are a decent size to at least carry in your bag.

I used my Fenix LD10 on the High setting and it worked out great. A whole 80 lumens or some shit. It was way more than enough. I'm used to using a fucking turtle light. It felt good.

Wait, what do you need your light to do? Urban riding/letting cars see you or are you country riding/using it as a proper headlight? I assumed urban riding out of habit, if it's actually using it to light your way then I don't really know much about that. I rarely get the opportunity to ride places without streetlights living in brooklyn.

out of curiosity, would anyone here be able to recommend a flashlight I could double as a bike headlight? I got nothin over at the bicycle thread

I use a Quark MiNi AA with some TwoFish LockBlocks as my headlight, and a Planet Bike blinky for my rear.

However, that light is my dedicated bike light. I also carry an old-ass NiteCore D10 R2 for daily use.

Depending on what mode you run the MiNi AA on and for how long, you might be able to use it as an EDC and bike light, but you'll definitely be recharging more often.

... so I think thats you answer you wanted to hear, right? Haha.

Edit: For context, I usually ride around Brooklyn with my light on strobe. If I'm someplace I'm unfamiliar with, I'll turn it on high mode to make sure I can see and avoid any potholes, etc.

I use a Quark MiNi AA with some TwoFish LockBlocks as my headlight, and a Planet Bike blinky for my rear.

However, that light is my dedicated bike light. I also carry an old-ass NiteCore D10 R2 for daily use.

Depending on what mode you run the MiNi AA on and for how long, you might be able to use it as an EDC and bike light, but you'll definitely be recharging more often.

... so I think thats you answer you wanted to hear, right? Haha.

Edit: For context, I usually ride around Brooklyn with my light on strobe. If I'm someplace I'm unfamiliar with, I'll turn it on high mode to make sure I can see and avoid any potholes, etc.

how long does your battery last? I assume longer than a steady beam because it's on strobe?

I think I would want to keep the light as a steady beam because the strobe tends to make it harder for me to see.

how long does your battery last? I assume longer than a steady beam because it's on strobe?...

My battery lasts for months at a time, but the bulk of my riding happens during the day.

4Sevens says this lil' guy will strobe continuously for 4 hours, or chill on high mode for 1.3 hours.

I'd get a dedicated bike light, the color, spread, mount, and convenience is much better.

By the time you get a quality light, blocks, batteries, and charger, you're at the price of a real bike headlight which run for 3-6 hours on high, and have a car-like beam throw and spread, with multiple quality mount options.

Bike lights improve so much every year, it's worth taking a look at a 'proper' light.

why the fuck?

If I'm going to carry pepper spray I want to know the effects it has on me and other people. If I ever have to use it, and somehow end up in court, I can say that I understood the effects it was going to have. If I ever had the unfortunate circumstance of getting sprayed in an attack, or got a secondary contamination due to the wind I wanted to know how bad it was going to be. I'm writing an AAR and will have a video up soon too.

Whenever I get a new knife, I make sure to stab myself in multiple places to gauge how much permanent tendon damage i can do. (10)

srs tho i was near someone who was sprayed once. probably about 5 feet away and i still cried like a little bitch. stuff gets everywhere. AOE for daiz

just wanted to say that the united kingdom and the queen can suck my hairy nuts

i saw a commercial last night that said

"see someone with a torch and knife? The could be a looter so call your constable"

what the fuck is that shit about

just wanted to say that the united kingdom and the queen can suck my hairy nuts

i saw a commercial last night that said

"see someone with a torch and knife? The could be a looter so call your constable"

what the fuck is that shit about

Here in the USA our Sec. of Homeland Security calls it the "If you see something, Say something" campaign. It's basically a scheme to get people ratting out their neighbors. They have that slogan pop-up on the TVs on the subway here in Atlanta.

You know, the Gestapo was actually very small during the 3rd Reich. They just had everyone brainwashed into ratting out anyone that they didn't like or that was a bit eccentric and making up stories about them being troublemakers, so everyone lived in fear of that knock on the door.

A couple days ago I saw some dorky dude in my neighborhood open carrying something relatively large for OC and I just thought to myself that even though he's no doubt got a permit he's just asking to get reported\hassled, or at least freak everyone the hell out. That's just how society/media has these people thinking. Maybe his intention was to freak everyone out so they'd stay away from him. I don't know. I don't live in the greatest neighborhood, but the only people who ever bother me are bums asking for change. I know there are a number of people who carry in this thread, but are you gonna strap it to your hip and tuck in your shirt when you're walking to the corner store in the middle of a large city?

haha, yeah, that's a bit over the top. still though. making everyone paranoid of everyone with a pocket knife is no way to ensure safety. they'd like to turn everyone into that asshole neighbor who's constantly looking out the window and getting into all their neighbors business. it's demonizing legal activities in the mind of the public. that's how they get the public on board when they're trying to pass more restrictive laws. it's called propaganda.

In many states it is ok to open carry without a permit if you're 21 or older. In the south if you see someone open carrying it's no big deal, because lots of people do it, and it's fairly common. I'm not a proponent of OCing because of the attention that comes with it, and if someone is going to try to mug me and my friends, I'm the first one getting a bat to the face probably. I'll carry concealed and have the surprise to my advantage.

In the UK crimes have gone up 40% since the gun ban, and in Michigan crime rates have gone down 10% since changing it's Concealed Pistol License to a "shall issue" policy. More guns in law abiding peoples hands = less crime.

well these guys can suck it regardless

ive been carrying my smf iwb along with my slcc iwb at 6oclock position

i dont give a fuck what anyone says - im not gonna get stopped and frisked unless im whipping it out like a dumbass

no those twats have a funny looking hat , baton, cuffs and OC

volunteers have a hat and a vest, along with a radio

so fuckin lame

seriously, the UK sucks my balls, everything is twice as expensive and the weapons laws suck...they act like you cant stab someone to death with a fork or a kitchen knife