edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

EDC as of late. Some would consider it heavy but I've been consistently carrying this everyday, all the time, and my Ares Ranger belt definitely helps. I'm waiting on some pepper spray goodness to be delivered, so I'll update when I get those items.

Raven Concealment Systems

Ares belts

Ares belt - tumblr link

Shitty picture, deal with it.

Left front pocket:

Streamlight Stylus Pro or ThruNite Neutron 2C (may also go in back left)

iPhone 4 with Magpul executive case and Raven sticker

Appendix:

Smith & Wesson M&P9C w/ Heinie Straight 8 night sights, custom sear and trigger work in a Raven ACR (Appendix Carry Rig) or a prototype holster (concealed)

Right pocket:

nothing

Left hip

Raven single mag carrier, MD cut, rounds forward, compact mag w/ Speer Gold Dot 124g +P

Back left:

Flashlights (sometimes)

Wallet

S&W pen

Back right:

Keys tucked in clipped to loop

Nitecore Smart PD EX10

Magnesium/ferro rod

Right hip:

Spyderco Native serrated

img3637h.jpg

Ares Ranger belt w/ custom webbing.

35percent.png

you are 100% tacticool

Except that all my gear was chosen for a reason, and I have been carrying EDC gear for the last 10 years. Nothing in my kit was chosen because it was cool, except for the webbing on my belt, but it looks way better than black :)

I'd say 95% for the lack of length on the blade and only 1 mag.

I keed I keed.

Is carrying the gun concealed a bit of a pain?

Blade is 2.5", but I switch that out with a 4" military. A malfunctioning gun can be solved, most of the time, with a clearance and a new mag.

And carrying concealed is a bit of a pain, but you get used to it. I am not impeded with any movement and I can draw very quickly from carrying it appendix.

What holster are you wearing? I guess i'm lucky in the fact that all my stuff is modified, and is actually quite comfortable considering I'm carrying a gun in my pants.

I have my own kydex "company". But the majority of the poeple I talk to including myself really find kydex uncomfortable ITW. Leather is SOO much nicer for ITW.

has a little to do with anatomy though. Shit, if its working for you, rock with it.

Where/what are you carrying?

I do a LOT of testing on different designs so every day is something new. Unfortunately I have to carry ITW with kydex sometimes for testing purposes. all with the fiveseven platform.

Appendix or strong side? And it's been a while since I've handled one but isn't a rather large gun to begin with?

*waits for thread to be renamed MikeS and 35percent holster discussion thread.*

Like I said, im always testing stuff. I have a few different designs for AITW carry, canted, uncanted, AOTW, Strong side, I have made and tested (and continue to test) just about every rig you can think of.

Yes, the Fiveseven is pretty big. But a lot of people CC it actually.

Those are fucking worthless. It's also cool they're making a lethal weapon ('brass' knuckles), noobs.

As far as carrying a G17, I know the 19 is a more popular. It really all depends on your build and, how and wear you're carrying it, and what holster you're using. Bigger guns tend to 'print' a bit more, but again it's dependent a few variables. I carry appendix, and I'm pretty tall and skinny, and gun people can't even tell I'm carrying.

No skinny jeans for you guys! Shit..

How do the guns you guys CC compare in size with a Glock 17?

the 17 is Glocks full size 9. I dont know why you would CC it over a 19 like 35 said. the ONLY argument I could see is the fact that the 17 has a higher mag capacity than the 19. 2 rounds higher to be exact. If you cant take care of business with 15 rounds then you need training, not a gun with higher mag capacity. The odds of a normal person (I.E. non drug dealing gang banger) needing to engage more than 1 or 2 threads is highly unlikely IMO.

soooo do you guys see any new 2011 products (knives, flashlights, keychain tools, multitools etc) that are worth picking up?

i look at new models and still nothing that i'd like. right now i want a CRK mnandi in blackwood but of course it's 3x my budget :[

carrying a SAK these days…

yea seriously im looking at new stuff and they tend to be much larger lights or older lights revamped with the XML, which i dont think i like as much as XP-E Q3 neutral..

i havent really updated my EDC light since.. ever.. was looking at zebralight stuff but they dont really seem to beat what i've got. at this point i feel like i'd only be satisfied iwth custom stuff, which is a road i cant afford to take right now

the 17 is Glocks full size 9. I dont know why you would CC it over a 19 like 35 said. the ONLY argument I could see is the fact that the 17 has a higher mag capacity than the 19. 2 rounds higher to be exact. If you cant take care of business with 15 rounds then you need training, not a gun with higher mag capacity. The odds of a normal person (I.E. non drug dealing gang banger) needing to engage more than 1 or 2 threads is highly unlikely IMO.

I was asking as a size comparison since I've handled a Glock 17 and I have an idea of how uncomfortable it would be to carry around CC.

I live in Canada so nooooooo guns for me haha.

How much smaller are the ones you guys carry around?

I was asking as a size comparison since I've handled a Glock 17 and I have an idea of how uncomfortable it would be to carry around CC.

I live in Canada so nooooooo guns for me haha.

How much smaller are the ones you guys carry around?

A 19 (compact) is a half inch shorter in length and height compared to a 17 (full size). My M&p9c is pretty small, and I can make it smaller if I take off the pinky plate on the magazine and put on a flat plate. A few of my friends have a 19 and cut the frame down to the size of a 26, which is the sub-compact. This way there is a longer barrel and sight picture, and ability to mount a light, while making it smaller and more concealable, and you can still use 15,17, and even 32 round mags in a 26.

As far as it being comfortable, well, it will poke you every once in a while, and you're aware of it, but it isn't so uncomfortable to not want to carry. If you get a good holster and belt it's not that bad, it's more uncomfortable for skinny guys because there's less natural padding.

sizes of glocks

M&P9c on the left, 19 on the right.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/glock%2019%20v%20m%2526p9c/jwayne_777/IMGP0671.jpg

19 on the left, M&P9c on the right

http://i34.tinypic.com/20v19uh.jpg

there's a free stainless steel money clip on Daily Steals (free shipping too)

ng7uav.jpg

it's active for about 9 more hours, unless they run out of supply. I signed in with my Google account, and the order went through. You don't actually have to "like" them on Facebook for the order, if you don't feel like it. And this isn't spam! I've gotten free stuff from them before, like an RFID blocking credit card slip, and silicone plugs for my iphone input jacks -- just thought the EDC peeps might like this one :)

Finally have the EDC to a point where all of my bases are covered. Sadly, the reason for the change overs was because fucking TSA swine took my fucking squirt and the cheapo but pretty pocketknife i got in france. In a rush I forgot that both of them were in my bag.

Knives:

- SOG Twitch 1

- Leatherman Micra

- Leatherman Juice S2 (usually in my bag)

Lights:

- 4Sevens Quark MiniX 123

- Maratac AAA

Other:

- Trueutility telescoping keychain pen

- 8GB LaCie jump drive

- Tea Tree Chewing Sticks

- Etymotic Earplugs

- GShock Watch

- Jack Spade Wallet that ruins all my fucking cards and needs to go.

6302436720_3a93828377_z.jpg

I've ordered all of the items for my updated EDC, and I got one of the more exciting pieces a couple days ago. I ended up picking up an Al Mar Payara. When it came down to it I couldn't talk myself into dropping the money for a Sebenza or something custom, and I wasn't sold on anything else that was around my price range. I liked the Payara for the blade shape and how it vaguely reminded me of a Santoku knife... I'm still carrying my little Leafstorm in my back pocket, because the 4" blade would probably scare some people.

DSC_6756copy.jpg