edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

edc crew, what knife should I get for $100 or less? willing to spend more if the value is there, but I do have a budget.

used to have a benchmade griptilian, not sure of exact blade details though. what's the best type of grip/blade material?

Either go way under budget or a good 40$+ over budget.

I feel like anything between 20$ and 140$ isn't worth it usually.

For 20$, you can get something that will do anything you want it to in regular usage and for 140$, you know it will never fail you.

I can't carry anything that is cheaper than a Benchmade 940 simply because I would never want it to fail in a life or death situation.

I don't know how other people feel about this but from what I've seen, there's always something that could be better on knives valued at around 100$.

Had to ditch my brass cool hook at a concert, I'm sad now. Anyone selling one, or know what clip this is?

edcbiner.png

^^^^

Its an Anso Carabiner.

I have 2 custom carabiners e that should be done within the month as well for sale if you like that Anso. Both designs will be made of Titanium, Copper Tellurium and Aluminum in a few different color cerakotes.

;)

What would you guys say is your perfect EDC? I'm getting to a place where I need a new wallet, knife, lost my light, key fob is falling apart... I think I need a whole new setup. I don't think I can afford a custom knife, but I want something sturdy with versatility and an easy to maintain edge. 3 inches preferably. Thanks for any help.

Either go way under budget or a good 40$+ over budget.

I feel like anything between 20$ and 140$ isn't worth it usually.

For 20$, you can get something that will do anything you want it to in regular usage and for 140$, you know it will never fail you.

I can't carry anything that is cheaper than a Benchmade 940 simply because I would never want it to fail in a life or death situation.

I don't know how other people feel about this but from what I've seen, there's always something that could be better on knives valued at around 100$.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there as there are a bunch of knives in the 40-90 range that can hold their own like the manix2, pacific salt, endura, delica, and a bunch of others.

^^^^

Its an Anso Carabiner.

I have 2 custom carabiners e that should be done within the month as well for sale if you like that Anso. Both designs will be made of Titanium, Copper Tellurium and Aluminum in a few different color cerakotes.

;)

Of course the biner I like is 130, haha. PM me info

What would you guys say is your perfect EDC? I'm getting to a place where I need a new wallet, knife, lost my light, key fob is falling apart... I think I need a whole new setup. I don't think I can afford a custom knife, but I want something sturdy with versatility and an easy to maintain edge. 3 inches preferably. Thanks for any help.

It all depends on the person and what you want your EDC to be. I think a perfect knife is a Spyderco military 2, light would be a Surefire LX2.

Just got a Streamlight Styus Pro, AAA and 48 lumens, not bad for $20. It's nice and thin and has a sturdy clip so it stays in place, I'm happy with it.

Is Spyderco all I would ever need in terms of performance and quality of materials? I own a little leafstorm that I leave around my desk and although I'm pleased with the quality it doesn't feel expensive, really. I've vaguely considered a Sebenza large, because they seem pretty awesome, but I don't know if it's worth the money.

edc crew, what knife should I get for $100 or less? willing to spend more if the value is there, but I do have a budget.

used to have a benchmade griptilian, not sure of exact blade details though. what's the best type of grip/blade material?

i say spyderco paramilitary 2 if you don't mind the length. you can find it for $90(?).

wouldn't that be fucking annoying putting everything back once you've used it?

yeah if you don't look at the config it would. but when i was placing the items there i tried to bondage items i use most as little as possible.

1. most used are the styluses and they are easiest to remove and put back

2. finger sweatbands to be used with a stylus

3. sd card adapter

4. vga adapter

5. blanket

6. the usb cable is a backup one. i have another to charge the ipad with (this one looks hardest to remove and put back)

7. sim card sheet with pin and puk is also not important every day but it's good to have it there

i think i would make a great german:D

so this is something of a "this or that?" question, but figured it belonged here rather than in the dedicated thread.

want a new folder for EDC, will get treated pretty rough, doesn't matter whether it's a combo blade or not. price range up to about $150. would prefer blade about 3"

I'm more used to locking liners than any other lock mechanism but sure that wouldn't be an issue in the long run.

at this point I've been doing a bit of browsing and have come down to these two:

TL : DR THIS OR THAT?

benchmade 707 sequel

lone wolf blackfoot

heard good things about lone wolf and like the look of that one aesthetically, but benchmade seems to be the knife of choice for a lot of enthusiasts...

I'm looking for a new knive. Blade about 2.5 to 3 inches, not too "technical" looking, solid quality, cost below 150USD.

Initial thought was the Benchmade 235 with Micarta grip (sorry for huge pic).

so this is something of a "this or that?" question, but figured it belonged here rather than in the dedicated thread.

want a new folder for EDC, will get treated pretty rough, doesn't matter whether it's a combo blade or not. price range up to about $150. would prefer blade about 3"

I'm more used to locking liners than any other lock mechanism but sure that wouldn't be an issue in the long run.

I would suggest this one for both of you!

http://www.knivesshipfree.com/product_info.php?cPath=466_500&products_id=563

Their VG10 is legendary.

From my EDC a few pages back it's obvious that I'm not really interested in the tactical looking style at all. I've been looking for a nicer knife to replace my Buck 55. I grew up around my grandfather's Case & similar knife collection, so I was looking for a nice slipjoint like that and have been lurking in the traditional knives section on the bladeforum. Some of the customs that knife makers are posting in there are beautiful. I thought I'd share a few.

IMG_8842.jpg

orig.jpg

94-JS-Trapper.jpg

Way too rich for my blood, but you can get similar production knives for under $100. I don't feel like I need a tactical locking blade for what I use a knife for and the classical styling and natural materials appeal to me.

Peak released a new light a week ago driven by a IMR (LiMN) battery at up to 1.9amps that produces up to 650 lumens in a AAA sized flashlight. Their description states "The OTF lumens of this unit should be double the power of anything close to its size." and comes with a disclaimer stating that if left unattended at full power it could reach temperatures hot enough to ignite surrounding flammable objects. That's just silly.

:eek:

http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Vesuvius.html