edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II here, love it to death. I have abused it and used it as a daypack around the world. It doesn't stand out like a normal MOLLE/PAL everywhere military inspired pack which is nice and the addition of mesh pouches on the side are a plus.

The photo makes it look like a vending machine but the pack softens up and doesn't look ridiculous.

dsc0274cs.jpg

It holds all my school stuff but it's a tiny bit too small for my 16 inch widescreen laptop in it's case. It can fit but it's not convenient and makes me miss using a messenger bag.

I especially like the bungee cord on the bottom because I can fit my Nalgene there if I use the mesh pockets for other crap. It also fits a small jacket if you roll it up. It's held up pretty well so far and it's really comfortable for what it is.

I was looking at the Pygmy Falcon but the large front compartment seems a little awkward to me. Also thought it looked very small width wise, but I guess it's because the pack is so long. Looking at the dimensions on the Maxped site it does seem like it'd fit my folders.

I like that it keeps it's shape well. I hate backpacks that get all droopy depending on how full it is.

Mike throw up a pic of it. Also I can vouch for the Litespeed. I have had mine since Jan. and its my everyday bag. I will say this. There are too many fucking straps sometimes. Its seriously annoying. That being said it handles a lot of different duties quite well. Im 5'10" and have used it riding bikes, scooter etc. No issues with length or width. I holds my 15" MBP fine but not in the portion of the bag dedicated to the water bladder due to the tapering of the bag. I have fit a mega ton of shit in it. My feeling is get the rush 24 not the 12 and if you are going to spend the big bucks get a goruck over the TAD also if you are going to get the TAD get the EDC over litespeed and save some cash on external pockets with built in and same molle capabilities.

I know this backpack has been posted before but I have a question about it.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat-3-day-backpack1.html

Does it have organized compartments inside for pens/pencils, etc? I'm a student so I need those kind of things.

Or should I just go ahead and pay the extra $70 for this:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-rush-12-backpack.html

I know this backpack has been posted before but I have a question about it.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat-3-day-backpack1.html

Does it have organized compartments inside for pens/pencils, etc? I'm a student so I need those kind of things.

Or should I just go ahead and pay the extra $70 for this:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-rush-12-backpack.html

http://youtu.be/TwHh1Ov_g6g

no dividers or anything in the pockets

they are all nice, i am personally looking for something black.

and they are pretty common the colors you mentioned, just google hill side pocket square or something. personally prefer the pocket square as i have read that the handkerchief are HUGE

the pocket square is the size of a handkerchief, the other thing is a bandana, and that fully wraps around your head..

with that said the hillside is sorta just hype, i kinda hyped it up myself.. but i lost mine and im not too worried about it. i just use some cheap white handkerchiefs you can get in packs, have a diff one each day. easy to clean and in the event that id need to give one away to a girl (aka never) i could

@ eversuns did you pick up that Higonokami off ebay? how do you like it?

Yeah its a Nagao one. Its a little rough around the edges, but I only wanted it as a beater, for that its great!

I just spent a few days going through this whole thread. Too bad I've got a vacation coming up in a couple weeks or I'd have dropped at least a couple bills by now. Here's what I'm currently carrying.

5771454867_a5cde67e93_z.jpg

Items of interest:

SAK Midnight Manager

Mistura Watch

Doc Pop Selvage Wallet (3+ year carry)

ILYY Rocket

Buck 55 Folder

I love the SAK and use it all the time (especially the ink pen). I need to get a proper flashlight though. The SAK only has a tiny red LED that I got for night vision retention when i used to EDC a planisphere (star chart) when I didn't live in downtown ATL. I need to take some proper macro photos of this wallet because its got some really nice wear. I just got this cheap Buck folder like a week before I discovered this thread because I also wanted a larger locking blade to carry. Now I kinda regret that I didn't get something nicer. We'll see how it goes for now, but something like a wood handle Benchmade, Al Mar or MCUSTA would be way nicer.

still fuckin with the paramilitlary 2 in s90v and carbon fiber

really want a spyderco gunting and a yojimbo

Haha, I think the Litespeed is probably a little too spendy as well. Looks like a really good pack though :/

In the $100 and under class I'm looking at the Timbuk2 Shotwell vs. the 5.11 Rush 12. Currently waiting on a response back from 5.11 to see if the hydration pack on the Rush 12 is large enough to fit a 13" laptop. I hear the one on the Rush 24 is.

did you ever hear back from 5.11 about this?

So, no E.D.C. related tragic school violence yet? When it's this rampant and commoditized, it feels so damn inevitable. I wouldn't trust half these people with a t-shirt, be it more a knife.

It's not the age either that bothers me, just the visual, "insecure archetype, buying tactical gear for some sense of belonging."

^ what the hell?

The kid obviously understands the concept of EDC and judging by his gear and how well thought out his carry system is I doubt he's just buying random shiet to look cool (lol ok maybe he is cuz this is like 50% of the people in here). His dad probably turned him onto it to teach him responsibility and just being prepared, which IMO is totally fine.

I wouldn't say EDC is rampant and commoditized. There really aren't that many kids who EDC, and if anything, kids who are doing it now might be doing it only after this thread/that one blog were created. You live in the Philippines so I'm not sure if you're just jumping to conclusions about the States here based on what you see on the internet. Most kids/people I talk to have never even heard of this concept..

IMO tactical gear IS gimmicky and lame for EDC use, but this kid had a tiny leatherman light and some low-end kershaw, nothing was all-black-murdered-out-tacticool-everything. i'm not really defending the kid but the edc community as a whole. there admittedly are a lot of those tacticool nerds in the community but those are the last people i'd want to have a sense of belonging with..