edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I only get inductor whine when I sloppily turn threads. I find that making a deliberate twisting action cleans up the contact and prevents the whine. hope that helps

Bryan, IIRC the 3" law does not apply for all of CA, just select cities and counties. In LA county I stick to sub 3" but at school in the OC I don't think it really matters. Furthermore, I believe that applies to open carry only. My al mar has no pocket clip so I carry it fully concelaed in my pocket, which I think is perfectly ok to do.

Jungle EDC

IMG_2010.jpg

Karamajong-beaded DSLR strap

Canon EOS 10D ooooold schoool but still shoots beautifully

Keys on a ring with the first-ever-SE-party Cone White Oak denim fob

Tissot T-Touch, which has unfortunately not stood up to life in Uganda well, so most of its functionality (other than time) is shot

Leatherman Skeletool

Tanner Goods wallet-cum-camera-case

10D camera battery

Shitty Ugandan-made pen

Nokia phone- I'm forgetting the model number but this is one of the best pieces of technology I've ever had the pleasure of using. Everything you need, nothing you don't; built like a tank but light as a feather

American Optical 55mm pilot glasses

kitenge bandana

All on a Ugandan woven mat.

Dkatz, very cool! I'm surprised you don't have bug spray tho!

Hey guys! It's been forever! I have so much catching up to do here - am planning on settling down on the sofa for a good read thru this thread - have to find out the latest & greatest! :)

My EDC has changed a bit... *Still carrying the same blade. But I'm trying out a smaller cardcase/wallet - really like Tanner goods! I also picked up a Redmoon key case thingie, and it's holding my keys, chapstick and my mini CR2!

edc1k.jpg

I really like big watches, and got this: my new-to-me Oris chrono *dive watch! Will have to do until I can afford a sub! ;)

oris1a.jpg

This isn't something I carry with me, but I now keep it in the car at all time, so I thought you might find it interesting.

It's a Benchmade ERT1 - great little emergency escape tool, with seatbelt cutter, small light, and a carbide glass breaker. I guess I've been watching too many bad movies haha!

ert1.jpg

Hope you're all well! Much <3!

5923363551_f578c8e34e.jpg

thanks to willy about the light suggestion

details:

mismo wallet (love it, has coin pouch inside too)

seiko 5 sports #SNZG05K1 (or similar derivative)

4seven quark123 tatical (ty again willy)

leather key holder from etsy

keyhook and pocket tool from xkaijinx (ebay & b/s)

not sure what to add next. tried carrying around a writing utensil but was kind of awkward ime (not sure where to place it). i did modify the pocket tool/flashlight by using all key rings now (the setup in the photo broke and my pocket tool fell on the ground while walking outdoors, luckily not the light), much better. only thing i have been eyeing is some kind of handkerchief. everything else could probably use an update if i had spare change. that spare key i do not carry anymore, was for old job.

anyone have any experience with the ThruNite 1C.

looking to upgrade to a bigger light from my mini 123.

I love my ThruNite 2C, only thing lacking is the rubber is a bit sloppy over the on/off button, it doesnt quite exactly form around the button like a Surefire clicker has.

Everything else is awesome though, construction, knurling, clip, design, and fit are all perfect, the user interface is quite easy to learn as well. Body is thick and sturdy, yet still lightweight.

Got a SanRenMu 704 recently, just put it to work today and after washing it it's got all these spots and scratches on the blade haha. Other than that it carries great, reversible pocket clip, friendly length, useful bladeshape, fast deployment (on mine anyway, works even better w/ oil)... only thing is steel isn't super great and it's nowhere near sharp out of the box..

You have a lot of options -- how many pills are you planning to carry? I like the quality on the Countycomm stainless steel lighters. As long as there's an o-ring it should be waterproof… Just avoid the $1 cheapy aluminum ones on ebay or whatever.

My fiance's grandpa saw my peanut lighter and disappeared into his room, and came out and gave me this lighter. He said he bought it in Houston a long time ago. I'm trying to work it into my EDC but it is just so big. Anyone have any info on who made it or when?

IMG_1144.jpg

not an expert on these at all but from what I do know it is a trench lighter. They began producing them around 1920 and were used by soldiers in WWI. They had the advantage of not being easily blown out by wind and did not have the initial flare up of a match which would give up positioning at night.

i write down urls to great menswear tumblrs

addresses of people to kill with my 2.5" folding knife

schematics of homes to break into at night using my 350 lumen tactical flashlight

draw ponies

write freestyles to lex luger beats

i write down urls to great menswear tumblrs

addresses of people to kill with my 2.5" folding knife

schematics of homes to break into at night using my 350 lumen tactical flashlight

draw ponies

write freestyles to lex luger beats

+rep for branesplode doodle scans (pause)(nohomo)(3)

For the guys that carry Field Notes or Moleskines... What the fuck do you write in your notebooks? :/

As Tigerprawn said... work notes. If I had to guess, I'd say 80% of what's in mine is work related. I just started a new (almost overwhelming) job, and carrying some type of small notebook is almost necessary. It's WAY more handy than the iPhone "Note" app, and you don't like you're fucking off and texting when your boss/superiors are telling you what to do and how to do it.

My Field Notes do get kinda weathered in my back pocket. I don't have the option to carry around a bag or pouch all day, so my back pocket is really the only spot. After about a week, the heat, humidity, and sitting start to take a toll on the cover. I've looked at the All Weather Memo Book but haven't committed. Does anyone know if Field Notes makes one with a water or sweat resistant cover?