edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Ok, I know the water bottle talk has been discussed many times in this thread. But...

For the gym-goers out there, what bottle do you use? After bringing in plain water bottles, the gym warm temperature makes the water taste disgusting. And that puts a damper on my work out.

I want something durable, easy to open with one hand, keeps drinks cold, but won't have crazy condensation, because I don't feel like making people slip or cleaning up any drips.

Polar bottles w/ the liner. Well-made cycling bottles w/ liner to keep colder better, taste is better also.

I always have a small towel w/ me also for sweat and to catch any errant water, generally stay a bit tidier @ the gym.

that pen is great and all but honestly very little is 'edc' about it

too heavy, not shaped for pocket carry, no pocket clip, no grip/knurling, no screw on cap..

zebra f701 and countycomm embassy pen are better choices for edc

this is nice for desk or bag use

I've been teaching a class up in the mountains for much of the last month, and here's what I bring for a single day at high elevation (excluding clothing and food).

3365fdaf.jpg

Osprey Stratos 18 with integrated 2L water reservoir

Zeiss binocs

Bear spray

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX100 12MP camera

Petzl Tikka XP2

Mini Maglite

First Aid Kit

Sunblock

Emergency blanket x2

Waterproof matches

Waterproof topo map

Suunto Core wrist computer

iPhone

Field Notes

Rite in the Rain pen

Leatherman Wave

Benchmade 530

Motorola Talkabout T6320 with weather radio, altimeter, digital compass (no vis)

I teach field courses about nature in Utah. There are three- Mountains, Deserts, and Watersheds (wetlands, rivers, Great Salt Lake, etc.). I must say, it's a pretty fun job.

very cool! i'd like to take one of those classes!!

but the need for "bear spray" kind of frightens me...

Well, if it helps, I didn't have to use it :) There were plenty of black bears where we went for two of the days.

Speaking of bear spray, I got to see a friend OC'd last week at a less lethal defense options training course and it sucked for him. I wanted to get sprayed but time didnt allow it. We tested out this http://www.zarc.com/us/personal/microspin.aspx and the stream was awesome. My friend is the instructor and has been hit 18 times and said that it was one the better sprays he's seen because of the design of the spray/nozzle.

Also stepped up my training with a close contact shooting course. Closest engagement I had was a with my barrel in the chest of the dummy.

what sort of defensive firearm setup are you running right now?

im leaning more towards the glock 30 just because i have more exp with the standard frame over a slimline...federal hydro-shock ammo in my pistol, always.

and shit if you're going to get a stacked mag, get a 1911 - amirite

I'll be running a M&P 9 compact (holds 12 plus one in the chamber) and probably another full-size mag (17) loaded with Gold Dot 124 grain +p in Raven Concealment Systems Vanguard or ACR. Appendix carry is pretty damn awesome with the right holster.

And I'd rather carry a m&p or a glock than a 1911.

Classes I would recommend: krav and ju jitsu, less lethal, edged weapons, close contact shooting, and a good handgun class. Im lucky that my good friend is an insructor with the company that Steve Fisher owns (currently also works with Magpul Dynamics) so I know I'm getting some awesome training. I still have along way to go though.

ETA: Not that I'm a Magpul fanboy, but the training I go to teaches he skills and mindset to protect myself, not super high speed tactical operator door-kicking stuff.

just a random question for anyone that had a 4sevens light repaired. Did they send you your original light back? I sent in a light about 2 and a half maybe 3 weeks ago and just checked my mail...its an entirely different, quite worn down light (a ton of silver showing through the black) and the twist operation has very little resistance (makes me wonder if I'll have even more problems with it turning on in my pocket now...). Any feedback would be appreciated haha