edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

i feel like you'll lose coherence and synergy if you take something rugged and utilitarian like the idea of a paracord survival bracelet then dress it up with fancy jewelry hardware.

the cancer that is killing edc

edit: you do good work, tho. keep it up.

i feel like you'll lose coherence and synergy if you take something rugged and utilitarian like the idea of a paracord survival bracelet then dress it up with fancy jewelry hardware.

the cancer that is killing edc

edit: you do good work, tho. keep it up.

i have to disagree with you a bit on this one. as long as it retains its function, go ahead and dress it up to suit your style

ZDP is very nice but it depends on the geometry of the blade and how it's sharpened. My friend loves his ZDP stretch, and has a lot of high end steels.

I'd recommend you get a plain edge version as SE is much more tricky to sharpen.

is ZDP really that much of a pain to sharpen, could you ask your friend with the ZDP stretch how he thinks about sharpening it?

is ZDP really that much of a pain to sharpen, could you ask your friend with the ZDP stretch how he thinks about sharpening it?

The key to keeping a blade sharp, regardless of the steel, is to keep it sharp with touchups instead of waiting until it is dull to sharpen it. It takes 5-10 minutes to touch up a blade thats already sharp, mostly because I like my knives hair popping sharp, but it's not like you're going to be spending 30 minutes sharpening it unless you frequently stab piles of rocks and dirt.

^ good to know, can't rep.. thanks. got a Swisstool Spirit S (murda'd) from esswhykay last night for pretty cheap (thanks!). feels good! wish it had scissors and a slightly belly-er blade tho..

I figured i'd ask this here, as this is probably the most relevant thread:

Anyone know where to get knives duracoated? I wanted to get the blade AND handle of one of my Boker's done.

Also, if you've had it done, is it expensive? It's a 8" overall length knife, with a ~4" blade.

Hopefully it's not more than $50, because this knife was only $100 and i'd rather just buy a whole new knife if it's gonna be a shit load.

jeff forbush on usn and bladeforums does it

i think his name is jforbush

it is not particularly costly but i think it will be more than 50 bucks...best way to find out is to ask him via bladeforums or usn (if you are on it)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

in further news, i pretty much gave up buying any new knives...until after my rj martin transfusion comes in >:-D

my para2 just blows everything else out of the water. I have incoming (hopefully) another Para2 in CTS-20CP steel which apparently has the durability and edge retention of s90v - so its tough shit...

The key to keeping a blade sharp, regardless of the steel, is to keep it sharp with touchups instead of waiting until it is dull to sharpen it. It takes 5-10 minutes to touch up a blade thats already sharp, mostly because I like my knives hair popping sharp, but it's not like you're going to be spending 30 minutes sharpening it unless you frequently stab piles of rocks and dirt.

in that case, I guess I'll just splurge some money and get me the ZDP dragonfly2 and some diamond stones...

durability should not be an issue with ZDP for EDC use and the occasional hiking trip, right?

Haha no blade would be really... ZDP will do it in glorious fashion.

Token, an RJ Martin? Gad damn.... How much did you have to drop on it? Details?

the RJ martin was 800 out the door from les robertson

its 1/50 so i expect its value to go up significantly after about 6-8 months. The DRT model he did last year was 1/25 and originally sold for 600 - now its 1700

shiet

I figured i'd ask this here, as this is probably the most relevant thread:

Anyone know where to get knives duracoated? I wanted to get the blade AND handle of one of my Boker's done.

Also, if you've had it done, is it expensive? It's a 8" overall length knife, with a ~4" blade.

Hopefully it's not more than $50, because this knife was only $100 and i'd rather just buy a whole new knife if it's gonna be a shit load.

I just actually got this done on a Emerson Commander, both blade and handle AND liners. cost 46 bucks. Great clean work.

Making a Hinderer Xm18 vid tomorrow, anything you guys would like to see?

Yeah.... just...uh... fuck shit up with it. stab a car or something.

just changed out my edc folder.. got the rick hinderer xm-18

feels like a tank, tearing up my jeans too...

(sorry about the dust particle on the lenses.. didnt realize it was there until i checked the pics once i got to campus.)

1737fq.jpg

111tqv5.jpg

Got a 4sevens newsletter in my inbox this morning. In celebration of mother's day, they're running a 15% discount on all orders greater than $35, until May 8th. Use the code MOM2011 at checkout

edit: I almost forgot -- last month's newsletter had a guide on caring for your 4sevens flashlight (although I presume maintenance of other brands is pretty similar.) Check it!

http://www.4sevens.com/march_11_2011.html