edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

...how do you guys carry the full gamut of EDC gear in your pants?...

Flashlight + multitool front left, pen + knife front right, zippo coin pocket, wallet + notebook rear left, phone + handkerchief rear right, keys + prybar + peanut lighter on locking carabiner on belt loop.

But the tightest jeans I carry this stuff in are Beatle Busters, so YMMV.

my s90V CF Para2 easily broke through a tender coconut that i wanted to drink...tasty and the blade was still shaving sharp - and all because of YOU sufu EDCers!

Mike and 35%

my hinderer 3.5 flipper that i recently got was stonewashed - both the blade and frame

i am 98% sure you can still order 1) stonewash 2) beadblast 3) sandblast

35% i hope you enjoy your flipper more than i did mine...

I want to start out by saying I have been using all 3 of those words to describe stonewash. Stupid on my part but I didn't want to confuse anyone.

Like a week before I ordered mine another guy asked rob if he could get polished and rob said all they can do right now is stonewash. It MAY be because of the blade show. They might be putting all there efforts in that and only have stone at the moment... Justrepeaing what rob said.

i lost my quark mini AA today yesterday :(

the fucking piece of shit ring they give iwth it just like broke and the light was gone. no clue when it happened, or i wouldn't of lost it.

high quality light, yet they skimp on the ring. i really dont want to drop 50$ AGAIN.

so i took a cab again today. i just happened to get the same driver from last week when i was late for work then. dude's like, did you lose a flashlight last time? i go, YES! So, i got my quark back. Amazing! I tipped him an extra $3 just for that.

The split ring is still fucking garbage. They need to make the loop on the light larger to accommodate larger rings.

I want to start out by saying I have been using all 3 of those words to describe stonewash. Stupid on my part but I didn't want to confuse anyone.

Like a week before I ordered mine another guy asked rob if he could get polished and rob said all they can do right now is stonewash. It MAY be because of the blade show. They might be putting all there efforts in that and only have stone at the moment... Justrepeaing what rob said.

They only do one finish at a time per production run. Currently it's the CTS-XHP Carpenter w/ stonewash. Pulled the trigger on a flipper w/ orange scales today.

funkdoobi - Also, that's not even paracord. lulz.

They only do one finish at a time per production run. Currently it's the CTS-XHP Carpenter w/ stonewash. Pulled the trigger on a flipper w/ orange scales today.

funkdoobi - Also, that's not even paracord. lulz.

wow things have certainly changed at Rick Hinderer knives since i got my first one a year back!

well cts-xhp is good steel in short supply im sure you will enjoy yours!

whats the rust resistance on that?

wow things have certainly changed at Rick Hinderer knives since i got my first one a year back!

well cts-xhp is good steel in short supply im sure you will enjoy yours!

whats the rust resistance on that?

That's for the production knives, he's still making customs as well iirc. Rust resistance is good, but like any steel it will/can eventually rust. A friend has a CtS-XHP spyderco that he uses a ton, and he says it has excellent edge retention and corrosion resistance. So long as you wipe your knife off and make sure there isn't stagnant water on it will ensure that it won't rust. Hopefully it will make me happy, it's been my holy grail knife for a while.

Only knife I had rust on me was a VG10 Delica that I used when I was manager at a pool, and i used it to open bags of acid, haha. Even then it only had small rust spots (which came out w/ steel wool and polishing) I would usually dunk it in the pool, then maybe hit it with the hose if I remembered.

the paramilitary 2 is most definitely one of the best knives i have EVER had the pleasure of handling

so much so that i ordered both a cf/s90v as mentioned previously in here

and

a stock s30v / g10 version ... so legit

TIK, Have you used a Manix2 yet? Im really curious how the Manix2 compares to the para2.

I have never owned a higher end spyderco. Just there cheap models. The 2 on my list to get were the manix and para. So far I got the Manix 2. Just curious as to how it holds up against the para2.

MikeS

I feel like both locking systems are very soild in their own respects.

I had a sprint run blue/s30V and green/xhp and both had rock solid lockup and easy release...i really liked it but unfortunately I had to sell it awhile back to raise some funds...i'm on the lookout for another one - or the s90v/CF sprint run...

but seriously i LOVE the para2 - its just amazing it overall size, sharpness and everything

lol for real the past 3 pages have been knife talk

anyone looking for a new light? XML lights will slowly take over XPGs.. Thrunite Neutrons are one of the first lines of lights to do it

Q0C1S4z-00k

tbh i'm pretty behind on the EDC tech as of late. whoops!

big tactical dicks are impractical for everyday carry

BUT

i just got a large seb (my first) and it has exceeded my expectations

it fits my hand perfectly (obviously that's a personal thing, but fwiw, i have a medium sized hand)

it opens with a positive thwack instead of the small seb's wimpier shlickt

and it just feels like the perfect stripped down minimalist knife

no extra fat anywhere

and it carries better in the pocket than a small seb (it sits deeper rather than just floating around at the top of your pocket)

fucking love it

right now i feel like i've got my rotation pretty well refined to:

small seb

large seb

para2

military

and a bevvy of slippies to ride shotgun

only thing on my wishlist is a mnandi

then i will finally be happy

(i know how disgusting that sounds)

@Brain

Mainly because knives are more fun to talk about then flashlights. Dont get me wrong, I EDC 2 lights but 3 pages of knife talk is way more fun than 3 pages of torch talk...

have you dealt with the para 1? para 2 is so much better. SO MUCH BETTER.

Never Used either the 1 or 2. Truth be told I have kind of hated spyderco up until about 6 months ago. Why? Ignorance. So now that I have seen that they are not so bad after all, Im intrigued.

On another note, My XM-18 is supposed to be here today. So like a little kid i woke up and ran to the computer to see the status on the tracking page. As of last night it arrived in a town 45 minutes from me. As of this morning I get:

Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

What the fuck does that mean?!?! (besides the obvious).

lol so the other day I show my buddy this thread. He is like WTF why would you spend that much i got my shit from Harbor Freight and still bought a lapdance. Explained him the difference in quality for like an hour and blew his mind.

Next time i trained with him (He is training for SF{green berets} in the military) he had three new knives, a surefire torch, leatherman wave, and lanyards on all of them.

Best Part:

We walk home from training (We go out in the forest for like 2 days and hike and do military training sht) and we have to pass two blocks of houses before we get to his house, nbd. Anyways he has his paintball gun out and I do too but his looks like a real gun. Two cop cars pull up and officers are like get down put the guns down and sht. Then we tell them these are paintball guns. They thought we lost our mind and just got back from deployment. Anyways my friend shows them all his new gear and the cops were like Yea I had that surefire but it broke so I got this. And Yea I like that benchmade but the best was the Skirmish. And they were all talking EDC and I was like wow.

My first experience with the cops and it was amazing ahhahaha