Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

is it me or does the right pocket of the 1944 have a little error with its pattern... every single 1944 i've seen has it's right pocket fabric hanging out... and this is happening with my one as well

I always assumed this was because Levi's was conserving denim for the war effort. But that was just my guess and maybe I am giving LVC too much credit.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice progress all around!

I've lost 15 pounds in the last month, working out of town with a staple diet of lunch meat sandwiches and water. I'm not surface heavy...this is deep weight disappearing. It's really starting to kill my fit :(

Medine, Bob_66, LC_Miley & jyoni - all looking great!!! Here's a photo of my 67s I took this morning:

lvc_sept2.jpg

On a total side note: the past 9 months my weight and waist line has changed a lot: contest start 165lbs, april 185lbs, and today 155ish. In the future I probably won't downsize when buying jeans, from 175lbs and up the waist was tight enough that I was getting lower stomache aches and pains by the end of the day so I stopped wearing them. I became a poster child for "I can't eat like I did at 16"....

• 2 weeks later...

xpost of some gratuitous daylight pics

lvc95l.jpg

lvc95c.jpg

More damage:

lvc95tear.jpg

Macro of fabric

lvc95macro.jpg

About that tear, it is surrounded by an area that is badly weakening in general. I think I'll patch on the outside, just dry black for now since it's the only material I have.

Glad you guys like em! Man, these things are wearing out. It seems like the whole lap is getting ready to rip. If it doesn't happen before the 1-year mark, I think I'm going to go ahead anyway and patch the entire swath of lap with some heavier weight denim. Hate to see it buried, but I would need time to refade.

My LVC's got stranded for a week in my friends property in the forest after a camping trip. They got pretty filthy so I gave them a double wash (Once in the machine with normal detergent, then another round in the machine with some nice soap)

Right After Recovery from the forest..

9.5moD.JPG

9.5moDB.JPG

After double wash..

9.5mo.JPG

9.5moB.JPG

They're still pretty dirty so I'll probly give them another wash in a week or so. I got more repairs to do too, so more pics to come..

Those are looking great, erk! My thigh is in a tragic state. Guess I'll pull the patches, soak out the stretch, and run a big gusset over the whole works. All the fibers in that area are weakening severely, so there is no sense patching from behind.

rips.jpg

Guess I'll pull the patches, soak out the stretch, and run a big gusset over the whole works.

I can't wait to see this, I expect nothing but good things to start evolving from this point on. Wish i could rep every one

Yeah, this is a good stage, more people catching up with Medine in the repair department.

Mine will be hideous at first. The only sizable remnant I have is Nudie dry black. It will fade though. Actually it will be interesting to see HOW that stuff fades. It's a beautiful fabric. I've got a line on some Cone from tg, but I'm waiting til at least January, or until the whole lap collapses, whichever comes first.

Looking good everyone... a lot of wear on a lot of theses jeans - awesome.

I busted the zipper on my '67s and will have them fixed next week. More pics to come afterwards.

Had to patch the inside, upper part of the left pocket of me jeans, since the pocket bag was tearing. I'm afraid there will have to be some patching of the legs for the end of the contest though. I can really notice the worn areas of the knees and thighs thinning out compared to the rest of the jean. Not very happy about that when I've really only had around 160 days of wear.

I know what you mean, setterman. These are quite lightweight, so I'm not overly disappointed, but I gave up hope on a clean fade pretty early on.

Well, I used one of Mama's old tricks to shore up all the damage. Not exactly a pre-war fix, but I didn't know what else to do, short of quasi-darning completely over an outside patch. I'd rather save that for the REALLY big patching I am anticipating.

If you look closely at the tiny bright bits popping through, you can see how the warp is just failing all over the place. I'm tempted to just leave it. Think it looks kind of good. But I know it will just continue to worsen if I do that.

trick.jpgtrick2.jpg

More pics once I finish the exterior patch.