Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a pair of LVC for the summer, since they are lighter weight.

I'm really hesitant on the sizing though. Im looking for something that fits pretty much similar to sugarcane 1947's in the top block and thigh region. I've been thinking the 1944 cut would be a good comparison. Does anyone have any input, or better yet, measurements on size 32-34 '44's?

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a pair of LVC for the summer, since they are lighter weight.

I'm really hesitant on the sizing though. Im looking for something that fits pretty much similar to sugarcane 1947's in the top block and thigh region. I've been thinking the 1944 cut would be a good comparison. Does anyone have any input, or better yet, measurements on size 32-34 '44's?

Check out the Levi's 501: A Visual Guide thread for lots of information on LVC.

gave my 67 505's their first soak yesterday cause the waist was getting way too stretched. denim feels a little hairy now...shrunk all around....try to get some pics up later.

Looking forward to seeing your 67s. My pair shrunk all around as well after their first wash a week or two ago. That combined with my putting on some weight has me in need of a quick diet to get some room back in the waist of mine, lol....

Took this before I left for work, really shows the curved waistband.

67_lvc_1.jpg

^ thats your contest pair?? damn, lot of wear, looking nice!

Thanks! Yeah those are my contest pair. Fairly recent fit pick here they are def slim fitting so I might rotate to something looser in a month or two for the summer...

I remember that. It was the denim itself...I don't recall him mentioning any construction issues. I think his are true vintage though, not LVC.

yeah, i think i said that if the LVC are anything like the real deal vintage, then the denim is not gonna be up to the standards of this board. if they are correct, then it will be a fluffy, OE spun, and sulfur topped denim.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

Yeah, they have 'tightened up' a bit for sure. I LOVE the way they fit right at this moment, especially through the legs.

Long time no post, but I think I may be getting dangerously close to being late on a mandatory update for my 37s. So my 3 month update (90 days exactly) will be coming tomorrow, hopefully there will be some sun to shoot them in as well.

• 2 weeks later...
man the 1954s are honestly the weirdest 501s..... cough* carrot legs *cough

Tough to tell because of the stacking on the left leg, but on the right side they don't look that different (to me) from my current issue 1955s. The 54s might be a little more tapered below the knee.