how do you wash yours

tg76

• 1 month later...

Also posted in the Small Questions thread:

How does ANYONE wash their jeans in the washer machine? This pair has been washed so many times that I can't believe this sort of shit can still happen. Should I leave it alone and hope it comes out, or should I try and iron it or something? It's going down both shins and it looks absolutely ridiculous. I really hate it when I forget about the spin cycle.

photo-11.jpg

Also posted in the Small Questions thread:

How does ANYONE wash their jeans in the washer machine? This pair has been washed so many times that I can't believe this sort of shit can still happen. Should I leave it alone and hope it comes out, or should I try and iron it or something? It's going down both shins and it looks absolutely ridiculous. I really hate it when I forget about the spin cycle.

photo-11.jpg

I would say iron it out and next time just put it through a warm soak. Soaking with a little detergent does as much wonders as a soak cycle.

Today i bought some soap nuts (also called washberries) to wash my jeans.

probably as organic/eco friendly/biodegradable as detergent will ever get..

I donno if they've been previousily discussed... here is a few pictures

3992805054_6fbd04dcbd.jpg

3992805260_407c25a971.jpg

These grow all over the place back home. I'd always heard stories of Cowboys using them.

Any info on how they worked out for you?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

When you say hideously expensive, could you quantify? Are we talking Iron Heart/ Whites expensive, or Samurai AI/ Viberg expensive?

Just bought a new (hideously expensive) Miele washer/dryer which has a dedicated 'Denim' wash setting!

That's awesome.  Just checked it out online.  The setting is just called "jeans."  I wonder how it's different from the other settings?  Not that I'll ever buy the machine but any chance you could let us know how well the 'jeans' setting works? 

BTW, for those who use Bronners or something similar, Take5 (in Taipei) recommends hand washing using shampoo.  If it's good enough for your hair, it's good enough for your denim.

wabi-sabi on the 1st year [ie, of effective wear].  

'don't really have the need to go out of my way to wear them hard before the 1st wash.  reason being,  they get dirty & smelly quicker,  therefore they need to get washed sooner  ... can't stand the stench.  rather,  i rely more on friction & the slow/normal accumulation of dirt from extended wear. 

Woolite Dark :: cold wash, permanent cycle, no spin, on the 1st 2 washes :: always washed inside-out :: hang dry

Edited by BrownMetallic