how do you wash yours

tg76

Howw should I wash mine if I wan to get this look

http://dev2.freeverse.com/monkeyblog/Picture%201.png

I know, its not what most of you guys would expect from a vintage jenas but i like it a lot.

Main issue is if i should use a detergent or not. What might be clear is that the colour indicates a regular wash.

thansk

man why would you want to turn your nice jeans into daddy steve jointz, just go to walmart and buy a pair they already look like that.

Is there any detergent some "freaks" in here could recommend. (im from germany)

I know sugar cane and samurai make detergent/soaps for jeans but I go with Dr. Bronners.

ditto on dr bronners. woolite black will go easy on the color, but it sounds like that's the opposite of what you're looking for. if you want your denim to look like that, machine wash with any regular ol' detergent.

• 2 months later...

Today i bought some soap nuts (also called washberries) to wash my jeans.

probably as organic/eco friendly/biodegradable as detergent will ever get..

I donno if they've been previousily discussed... here is a few pictures

3992805054_6fbd04dcbd.jpg

3992805260_407c25a971.jpg

hrmmm, spin cycle never did that to mine.. and baldy, if you cant stand them taking a half day/day to dry outside, just dry them in the dryer. its not the devil or anything.

whenever i machine wash my jeans, the spin cycle at the end that gets rid of the water causes weird creasing in my jeans, is there any way to get around this?

stop the washer before the spin cycle. fold up the jeans once, like how u were to find it on a shelf (before the folding of the inseam). then line the washer drum with the jeans.

hrmmm, spin cycle never did that to mine.. and baldy, if you cant stand them taking a half day/day to dry outside, just dry them in the dryer. its not the devil or anything.

haha i did before actually, funny thing is i took it out of the washer before it went on spin cycle, so it was still soaking wet. i put it in the dryer for a bit (this was for my first soak of my okinawas) and it fukn turned my whole dryer blue! i had to wipe the whole thing down, it was a bitch... but yea, whenever i do my first wash the denim is still pretty crispy so some creases get set in from the spin cycle, and on my sams i got this vertical crease that got faded from it, its not too bad but i don't want it to happen again.

Is there any real disadvantage to frequent soaks? I've been wearing my jeans pretty hard and I find that they get fairly soft before long. I'm on a monthly schedule with soaks at the moment but I'm thinking about making it bi-monthly...They're always super stiff after they dry.

EDIT: I used "fairly" twice??!

• 3 months later...

Laundry day

My KMW chambray was due for a wash, and my 3sixteen SL-100x turned one year old: an occasion worthy of a handwash for both of these garments.

Follow these instructions.

img1042hw.jpg

OK.

img1046p.jpg

The 3sixteen's got a thorough wash in the tub. I start by turning them inside out and putting them on.

img1048ic.jpg

I washed them with regular bar soap, and this hemp cloth which I normally use to shower with. Basically, I'm taking a shower with my jeans on. I've flipped them back out now to wash the outisde.

img1050ma.jpg

The aftermath.

img1055s.jpg

It's not really visible here, but the hemp cloth took in a lot of the indigo from washing the jeans

img1060td.jpg

The KMW chambray got a regular hand wash with bar soap. Here's the sink after the wash.

img1054nr.jpg

I flipped the 3sixteen's back inside out, wrung them dry, and threw them into the dryer.

img1061w.jpg

The KMW chambray is hung to dry in the shower.

img1064v.jpg

^handwashing with them on is what I do too. Just rub em down with a soapy sponge in the morning and they dry in like an hour. Make sure you get the crotch to (hopefully) prevent any crotch rips Also I bet its better to use a natural soap without any sulphates. Or wash em in the machine who even cares anyways?

Inside out on cold/gentle cycle, with plain Dr. Bronner's. Avoid the spin and then hang-dry. I'd be down for trying some Salaamisoap.

I also dry-scrub the shit out of the inside with a stiff brush before washing. I've done it since the first time my first pair of raw denim became unbearable. The amount of bodily funk that shakes out is remarkable.

I also dry-scrub the shit out of the inside with a stiff brush before washing. I've done it since the first time my first pair of raw denim became unbearable. The amount of bodily funk that shakes out is remarkable.

gross .

• 11 months later...