so, i'm having a pair of jeans made . . . .

mizanation

You stink dude. I can smell you all the way over here in Cali.

I am actually one of the guys that ordered a pair. Really looking forward to getting my hands on these. Miz has been a great help.

+1

hey Miz, you think Kuniyoshi-san may know Ryo and Hiro or have heard of Ooe Yofukuten...

they seem to do similar stuff, imagine the three of them hooking up for a collab :D

Considering ordering a pair from Ooe & Yofukuten as well, just so I can compare the quality. Hoping that they will really be worth the big difference in cost.

Hopefully, in the future team Kuniyoshi-Miz will have a website up that will help take some of the guess work out. Would love to actually be able to hold and compare some of the fabric swatches like O & Y does.

Anyway, will post pics when they come in.

contest nowadays is everyone buying the same jeans at a cool price. db one is not taken seriously and fullcount one isnt either... the sammy one was the best one.

????? It's news to me that the Full Count contest isn't being taken seriously. Other than a couple weeks in April I've been wearing my 0105Cs daily since March 3rd, and posting updates when I can.

contest nowadays is everyone buying the same jeans at a cool price. db one is not taken seriously and fullcount one isnt either... the sammy one was the best one.
????? It's news to me that the Full Count contest isn't being taken seriously. Other than a couple weeks in April I've been wearing my 0105Cs daily since March 3rd, and posting updates when I can.

got the 1108C and i've been wearing mine as much as possible. i think 1 reason why some contestants are a bit gun-shy right now is cuz FC takes time to fade. ppl would be chiming in after summer when most have washed their jeans.

both contests will really heat up in the next 2-3 months. a double volante contest in the future would be a real treat. the sam contest was great, but imho the warehouse contest was the best. the denime contest might be the best yet, because it spans 2 years, which should lead to even more advanced fades. i think 2 years should be the standard anyway, although i doubt most would agree...@ 6-12 months the jawns are just getting good, the next year(or more) really makes them stand out

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, so here we go... Attempting to post some pics. Here are my new Double Volante '47cuts. They are a bit slimmer than my other '47 cuts, I think because I got them lap-felled and it used a bit more material from the original pattern. Miz was awesome throughout. I think we had over 100 emails back and forth about what I wanted. So, here they are:

The patch is like a thick leather sofa cushion, so plush:

sofapatch.jpg

The lap-felled seams in all their glory:

lapfelled.jpg

Haven't even worn them, and they are showing promise of what is to come. Button patina:

buttonpatina.jpg

Here is Kuniyoshi-san's Okinawa tab. The backside says double volante. I had to do some picture modding to the custom work on the back pocket. Please forgive the hatchet job:

dvokinawa.jpg

Some more pics.

Some hairy denim:

hairy.jpg

Resting on my SC'47s:

doublevsize.jpg

Color comparison with year old SC'47 (about 9-10months wear) and SC Okinawa:

colorcompare3.jpg

Color comparison to deadstock SC'47, Ironheart 643s, Eternal 811, and SC Okinawa. I think the color is closest to the Ironhearts. Will be starting a rotation with the Okinawas, Double Volantes, and my year old SC'47s. Again had to do some photo modding on the DV back pocket.

colorcompare.jpg

I love the jeans. Kuniyoshi-san and Miz did a great job with what I wanted. They are a bit lower in the rise than my other '47s, and tighter around the thighs, but again, I think it is from the lap-felled seams. Besides, it will be a new fit compared to the rest of my jeans.

Just want to say thanks again to Miz for all his help. Really a nice guy and professional.

also, yes, the jeans are slightly slimmer than a regular '47 cut because they are lap-felled. the rise is also slightly lower because kuniyoshi-san modified his pattern slightly.

No worries. I think I am going to love the fit. Like I say, it is something totally different than anything else I own.

thanks, shangers... are you going to show them the special pocket bags? :)

Just wanted to say, Miz gave me a lot of cool options for the pocket bags. In the end, I went with the Hickory pocket bags. I think if I end up doing another pair. I may take a little more time, and try to find a Bingata pattern I like. I think it would be worth the additional costs, as the bags would be hand dyed. It would just give them that extra, one of a kind touch.