arcteryx veilance

i sized up in my insulated shell and kinda regret it... its a little bit big. Shoulda gone with the same size.

nah I think that shell looks good boss.

I wear medium in the standard field jacket, however a medium in the insulated field is too toight on me. Haven't tried the insulated shell.

Veilance sales: I've noticed a number of stores (Mr Porter, Hostem, Hideout etc) don't put veilance on sale. Some even have stock backed up from over a year ago. I suppose this sort of makes sense because the company reliably puts out the same styles each year, so last year's jacket is much the same as this year's. However a lot of other shops are putting this stuff on sale, which rather undermines this strategy. Doesn't seem like there's much point paying full price for a field jacket from Hideout if I can get it for 30- 50% off pretty reliably from Caliroots.

Still looking for this one (align shell) in black, xs or s. anyone can help?

yes, another of those"where can i get this" posts, i know.

I have the same problem with a pair of spec pants pair in lead ;-)

Anyway if it interests someone I have a bnwtwb sinter coat available (black, S), feel free to pm me

Do you guys really find it that warm, though? I was told it would easily replace a down jacket for an eastern Canadian winter and I don't find that to be entirely true due to how short it is. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing jacket, I just would have been happier if it hit a little lower on the body.

My friend has it and says it's perfectly fine for Montreal winters (actually, he says he's never been cold) and he's generally only wearing a shirt underneath. I only have a regular field jacket so i can't really comment, but I personally find that added length does not necessarily translate in added warmth, my legs generally don't get really cold unless it 20+ below and at those temperatures, better to stay inside anyway. An issue i have with the field jacket (and i'm not sure it applies to the shell) is that the drawstring is sorta 2/3 down the jacket and not at the bottom so it can be difficult to fully close the jacket and you can get air and cold inside...

I know it's another brand, but my gf has always bitched about the cold since coming here, even though she's had really warm down jackets, and i bought her an insulated Final Home jacket last year and even though the thing feels really thin compare to a down jacket, she says she is never cold, on top of being able to wear the jacket comfortably in relatively warm conditions, which you could never do with a down jacket.

i was hoping for more everything, really.

definitely more serious fabrics, why only three gore pieces?

it's all nylon something, the blazer used to have a gore windstopper membrane and a breast pocket, now it's made of some stretchy nylon blend and the price is still pretty much the same.

don't get me wrong, I still love the thing but with this season I'm slightly underwhelmed.

Edited by Brainboy

My Deploy Composite jacket arrived in the post on Friday. Really, really impressed. The construction is fantastic and its is something you cant fully appreciate until you see it in the flesh. Such a great jacket. I used Leoboutique in Canada and I cant praise them enough. Really helpful, excellent customer service, zero duty paid and arrived in 3 days. Spot on.

I was wondering if anyone from the uk has ordered direct from the veilance website and if they had been charged import duties as I really fancy the cardigan.

I order regularly directly from the veilance website (from france) and there is no charged import duties or anything : arc'teryx use an interface in germany

(and you can return for free and their customer support is fantastic!)

yeah i just ordered from the veilance site like half an hour ago. they charge no taxes, everything is automatically deducted on checkout.

as to whether or not they mark down value and shit like that... i don't know yet but im guessing no and that i'll be charged import taxes on arrival. but that's just a guess.