Jump to content
denimdestroyedmylife

arcteryx veilance

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, branespload said:

as of fw17, yes. RIP me

certain styles in SS18 however (and imo, the more exciting ones) will have waist closure systems that can dial the waist down 1" on each side to 27" actually. dyadic comp pant and sequent cknit pant iirc will have this. so there is hope

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to buy another pair of the Apparat pant in 28 before they stop making them at that size. I've worn the black/dark navy version religiously for the past few years and it's starting to show its age. 

20171003_122430.jpg

20171003_122330.jpg

20171003_122340.jpg

Edited by tacos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tacos said:

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to buy another pair of the Apparat pant in 28 before they stop making them at that size. I've worn the black/dark navy version religiously for the past few years and it's starting to show its age. 

 

Any idea on how to stop this process? I bought a used pair of Apparats a few months ago and returned them because they looked more gray than anything.

I then bought some off Ssense, and they were a nice black and held their color through one hand wash w/ woolite. A couple more washes later and they're turning this faded gray color. Kind of a bummer for some 400 dollar pants if you ask me...anyway to stop this/reverse it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tacos said:

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to buy another pair of the Apparat pant in 28 before they stop making them at that size. I've worn the black/dark navy version religiously for the past few years and it's starting to show its age. [pictures]

Do you plan on getting those repaired and keeping them in your rotation? You should; they look great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no way to reverse it, but you can take advantage of Arcteryx's generous warranty. I basically only wear apparats (both shorts and pants) and when they start to wear out I send them back. So far I think I've gotten at least three or four pairs replaced over the years with no issues. Also helps to hang dry them rather than using a dryer. edit: this should work just as well with pants you bought used - I've never been asked to show a receipt or anything. Albeit for that pair there is a chance they will say that they reached the end of their "natural life" due to the uniform wear and apparent age, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Edited by tv_ice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tv_ice said:

There's no way to reverse it, but you can take advantage of Arcteryx's generous warranty. I basically only wear apparats (both shorts and pants) and when they start to wear out I send them back. So far I think I've gotten at least three or four pairs replaced over the years with no issues. Also helps to hang dry them rather than using a dryer. edit: this should work just as well with pants you bought used - I've never been asked to show a receipt or anything. Albeit for that pair there is a chance they will say that they reached the end of their "natural life" due to the uniform wear and apparent age, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Wow four pairs! Good to know, yeah I hang dry, hand wash inside out, whole 9 yards. Really hope newer iterations of the Apparat can utilize a better and more durable fabric. I get that this is office-urbanoutdoorwear, but it just seems a bit much to have to get them repaired. Appreciate the info.

On a semi-related note...

What shoes do you guys like to wear with your Veilance pants? I only see them styled with Common Projects, and I find it a tad bland. Share what you guys have found out works, and maybe some pictures. This is a huge challenge for me. I own Indisce, Apparat, and Align. Typically enjoy wearing Nike Mercurials with Indisce and Apparat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, edwardk said:

Wow four pairs! Good to know, yeah I hang dry, hand wash inside out, whole 9 yards. Really hope newer iterations of the Apparat can utilize a better and more durable fabric. I get that this is office-urbanoutdoorwear, but it just seems a bit much to have to get them repaired. Appreciate the info.

Welp, now I'm more nervous about washing my Apparats. I haven't worn mine quite enough to need to wash them yet, but what's good to use for washing Veilance pants? Granger's performance wash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stress_waves said:

Welp, now I'm more nervous about washing my Apparats. I haven't worn mine quite enough to need to wash them yet, but what's good to use for washing Veilance pants? Granger's performance wash?

Performance wash works.

1 hour ago, edwardk said:

Wow four pairs! Good to know, yeah I hang dry, hand wash inside out, whole 9 yards. Really hope newer iterations of the Apparat can utilize a better and more durable fabric. I get that this is office-urbanoutdoorwear, but it just seems a bit much to have to get them repaired. Appreciate the info.

On a semi-related note...

What shoes do you guys like to wear with your Veilance pants? I only see them styled with Common Projects, and I find it a tad bland. Share what you guys have found out works, and maybe some pictures. This is a huge challenge for me. I own Indisce, Apparat, and Align. Typically enjoy wearing Nike Mercurials with Indisce and Apparat. 

I wear mine to work so usually I wear them with viberg boots or alden boots. Nobody is the wiser. Sometimes wear them with full tech-ninja get up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the cotton/nylon isn't gonna hold color that well because of the cotton content. I personally like the way it fades over time but that might be from heavy_sufu_brainwashing. FWIW, the next iteration of Isogon and Voronoi pant will use an improved nyco textile, supposedly more colorfast and durable. I don't think it was implemented on the SS18 apparat but there's at least a precedent.

For shoes I am mostly wearing AF1s. Not necessarily tech but it blends in but still looks pretty fresh in NYC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shoreman said:

Do you plan on getting those repaired and keeping them in your rotation? You should; they look great.

I still wear them even with the holes and all. Luckily there seems to be a thin layer of material under the face fabric so whenever that starts to tear through I'll have to get them repaired.

As for the fading, I like it as well.  We should all start posting up pictures of our "Veilance fades" haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, branespload said:

Well, the cotton/nylon isn't gonna hold color that well because of the cotton content. I personally like the way it fades over time but that might be from heavy_sufu_brainwashing. FWIW, the next iteration of Isogon and Voronoi pant will use an improved nyco textile, supposedly more colorfast and durable. I don't think it was implemented on the SS18 apparat but there's at least a precedent.

For shoes I am mostly wearing AF1s. Not necessarily tech but it blends in but still looks pretty fresh in NYC.

B, do you know if the NYCO voronois have stretch or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wear mine with common projects and gats and nb's. gotta embrace the old man tech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, edwardk said:

What shoes do you guys like to wear with your Veilance pants?

IMO you can do pretty much anything that feels good. I have Apparat, Voronoi, and the new Field Pant. I've worn them with muroexe Atom, Qasa, Level Runner, Vans slip ons, combat boots... it all works. I'd probably avoid anything overly chunky, but I could see that being ok too if it fits your overall style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

B, do you know if the NYCO voronois have stretch or not?

i dont know the %s of the blend for certain but i dont think it has stretch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2017 at 10:41 PM, CARLOOA said:

B, do you know if the NYCO voronois have stretch or not?


75% cotton 25% nylon I believe

No stretch but fabric isn't rigid due to cotton

Edited by Toilettebun
am wrong/am stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Toilettebun said:

Stretch woven plain weave
75% cotton 25% nylon I believe
it has a very small bit of stretch because of the construction however it's very minimal.. almost unnoticeable

Is this still their copy failure every year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ya i think thats carried over from the terratex voronois, dont listen to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried on the Haedn Overshirt and it was a little warm for where I live, was looking at the Field Overshirt as a lighter version.. Has anyone tried both pieces on and can comment on size? Haedn size L fit me perfectly, and trying to decide to stick with the same size or size up for the Field Overshirt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

take the L

i have both in XS and theyre p much the same cut just diff pocket placement and button hardware

heres a pic of the field OS laid over the haedn OS from the side, they line up more or less the same. fit feels the same i love em.

as an aside the field OS became my fav piece from SS17. i thought id love the conduct more but i barely use it compared to the arris. field is usable in like any condition or look i like it a lot

IMG_7936.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont remember any changes, i think the mid blue becomes a true navy in ss18 according to the veilance instagram coverage of the liberty fairs fashion show exhibit thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll chime in, as I also have both. Am always splitting between XS/S in Veilance. Have the Field OS in S and the Haedn OS in XS (after returning a S). I definitely felt that the intended fit and style of the Field OS lent itself to be a little longer in the body and ability to manage some layering, thus the size S worked well for me. The size S in the Haedn felt too long in the torso and arms (always a personal AV gripe), but once I sized down to XS, everything felt suitably tailored and hit correctly at the hip and wrist like as shown in the AV product shots.

They're both rad, though the Haedn has yet to see any real wear yet.

Edited by Appleseed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

field OS is one of the most versatile veilance pieces ever. i practically live in mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, branespload said:

i dont remember any changes, i think the mid blue becomes a true navy in ss18 according to the veilance instagram coverage of the liberty fairs fashion show exhibit thing

No changes to the pattern or materials; just one new colour (dark navy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agree, love my field overshirt been using it regularly since i grabbed it a few months ago and can see me using it as a layer under shell during the colder months too.

giving my pennies worth regarding the haydn overshirt, would get the same size as the field, tried on the haydn and it fits a touch more roomy (guessing so you can layer underneath) but as regards length fit is spot on, size up and the length is way too long on me at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, edwardk said:

On a semi-related note...

What shoes do you guys like to wear with your Veilance pants? I only see them styled with Common Projects, and I find it a tad bland. Share what you guys have found out works, and maybe some pictures. This is a huge challenge for me. I own Indisce, Apparat, and Align. Typically enjoy wearing Nike Mercurials with Indisce and Apparat. 

I'm guilty of wearing them with CP Achillies. I've found Ultra Boosts work well with my Voro and Align. This season's CP winter combat boots looks good with AV. Ohhh, socks and Suicoke sandals look great too. 

34 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

field OS is one of the most versatile veilance pieces ever. i practically live in mine.

I love mine too but do you find the collar getting dirty easily? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mine got that s w e a t darkened into the grey one from this summer yea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah any collar that touches your skin directly is going to have that. my blazer lt, fos, and subset all do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program