what to do with $300 workpants

klue

Sell veg. The majority of modern art is crap.

There is very little skill left.

What's become more important is writing a thesis justifying the BS.

It was about 100 years ago Duchamp came up with the idea that art is what ever the artist decides, it's time to stop using that as an excuse, move on, and create something worth a damn.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell veg. The majority of modern art is crap.

There is very little skill left.

What's become more important is writing a thesis justifying the BS.

It was about 100 years ago Duchamp came up with the idea that art is what ever the artist decides, it's time to stop using that as an excuse, move on, and create something worth a damn.

I think you should decide what is art and what is not, that way we have a definitive answer.

I don't like modern art, but that doesn't make it crap. Andy warhol was pretty good.

go try it yourself, the spray paint is like some super starch, it hardens the material and when you bend the material after the paint dries, it actually cracks. I'm saying this because i have tried the spray-paint on cotton t-shirts and such, before i discovered silk-screening

that is of course, assuming that the dude used spray paint.

lol this guy is serious!

acrylic paint won't crack period.

^^^^ man, you are stupid. Acrylic will crack when painted in thick enough layers. I've done it.

I dont think many are seriously hurt over this matter, i think its more of an attitude issue. its fine and dandy to have fun with ur jeans, paint them, abuse them, etc., i think the thing that gets ppl riled up is the attitude behind it. like what's been said before, its appalling to do this crap for the sake of fades and whatever else ( glory, recognition, fame, u get the point). If the "crew"'s just having fun, then its fine.Its just that i dont see ppl climbing trees , camping in the middle of the street, "handboarding" ( is that what its called??) , etc., in 300 dollar jeans ...

Then what do you see them doing?

I purchased my denim for the sake of wearing them. I have dress pants when I need to dress up, but with denim, no matter how expensive, I'll be wearing it doing what I like.

In the last eight months, I've subjected $250+ clothing to medical trips to mexico, inadvertently borrowing a mountain bike and going trail riding, going to the beach, fixing up my bikes in them, playing soccer in them, etc. etc.

And I think that when the best thing you can do in your life is get eprops on Superfuture...you need to get laid repeatedly.

^^^^ man, you are stupid. Acrylic will crack when painted in thick enough layers. I've done it.

Its just that i dont see ppl climbing trees , camping in the middle of the street, "handboarding" ( is that what its called??) , etc., in 300 dollar jeans

Then what do you see them doing?

I purchased my denim for the sake of wearing them. I have dress pants when I need to dress up, but with denim, no matter how expensive, I'll be wearing it doing what I like.

In the last eight months, I've subjected $250+ clothing to medical trips to mexico, inadvertently borrowing a mountain bike and going trail riding, going to the beach, fixing up my bikes in them, playing soccer in them, etc. etc.

And I think that when the best thing you can do in your life is get eprops on Superfuture...you need to get laid repeatedly.

Cmon man, you know what i mean.. i mean, its not something that ppl usually do. i can understand that you wear what you wear, and do what you do in your jeans. yes, 300 dollar jeans are clothes for wearing/working/playing. heck, i run around with them every week while watching kids in an afterschool program. we play kickball, dodgeball, etc. but this cannot be emphasized enuff: doing extra things for the sake of fades is a no no.

agreed that eprops on sufu shouldnt be a priority in life :D

This whole discussion is becoming so repetitive,childish and boring.

Instead of wasting time in front of my monitor, telling people what to do with their pants and what not ,I am rather be active and do what I like.

Back on topic now!

Warning: The following pics might offend some people here:

300,-$ workpants are great for welding

P1020977.jpg

And grinding

P1020982.jpg

Am I a bad person now?

You are bad...

I jerk off in $300 pants. Is that legal?

thats where i think people have shit twisted. i dont think these dudes do anything in their jeans that they wouldn't do if they were ten dollar thrift store jeans. as long as you dont paint my shit...

Then why is his hat in such perfect condition? AND HIS BACKPACK, MAN, LOOK AT HIS BACKPACK!

I don't particularly care about the pants (though it's nothing I would ever do). Mostly it is THEM that bother me. Just reek of the sort of people that try too hard and are not pleasant to be around.

And they look like they smell bad. Ha.

But they can, of course, tear the shit out of their jeans as unnecessarily fast as they please.

You are bad...

Legal? I thought it was mandatory,

You are bad...

Thought about this again and came to another conclusion: if you do it just for joy,you are fine.But following Hendodos logic and you expect any fading from it ,you are not.hope this helps.

It's good that you want to be helpful, but it would be nice if this issue were that simple. We also must consider whether or not any action which is deliberately additive constitutes legitimate wear. The end results will be a combination of subtractive and additive (indigo-loss and semen-gain), but it seems that the additive result will be more visually predominant. One could construct the analogy that "jerking it in your jeans" is similar to developing (or maintaining) a habit of wiping your wet/dirty hands on your jeans to dry/clean off, which is an almost universally acceptable manner to achieve sickfadesdude. The validity of said analogy then would seem to hinge on the degree of similarity one finds between the act of washing ones hands, and manually, sexually, satisfying one's self. Intent and expectations are only a part of what we must know before we can tell someone how and (most importantly) how-not to wear their $300 dollar workpants.

i just want to see how long these FC stay in one piece. this is the ultimate test of their durability. lets see whats lasts longer, the FC or the momotaros. any wagers?

Almostnice...they are nice pictures. A mate is a full time welder and he gets hundreds of little burn holes in his jeans, looks cool. last pair I remember seeing was some black orange tab levis.

This is denim contests jumping the shark.

soo-foo, a no-shark-jumping zone.

the fact that these shenanigans are taking place in a contest makes it a whole different story. The premises at play in the Superfuture-based denim contests are easily understood as being based on the 'wabi-sabi' philosophy that is espoused by a predominant faction of superdenim posters.

By your own logic I think we should let them continue and not hate until the END of the contest. If pure wabi-sabi aesthetics are the metric against which all contest fades are judged, then when the year is up people will say "wow, those jeans do not fit my definition of good fades" and they wont win.

I think bucking the conventional logic and/or attempting methods which vary from the norm are a GOOD thing. In the end, wouldn't you rather a contest with varied results rather than very similar ones between all the contestants? I've been on here long enough to see that sometimes these types of unorthodox experiments come to fruition, in ways that I or others appreciate.

Almostnice...they are nice pictures. A mate is a full time welder and he gets hundreds of little burn holes in his jeans, looks cool. last pair I remember seeing was some black orange tab levis.

Oh yes,I did wear some 501 fulltime,they looked similar.This was a rather clean and quick job.I just ordered a denim biboverall to wear as my real workpants.Lets see what I can do to them.

Camping is nourishment for the denim and for the soul

DSC_0177.jpg

this is kawawaka's leg

DSC_0157.jpg

no cell-phone in here

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

I am so confused by this thread as a whole...

It's purpose was to explore where, why, and how people wear their jeans

I am so confused by this thread as a whole...
It's purpose was to explore where, why, and how people wear their jeans

...when their jeans are an activity, rather than an article of clothing.